Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 06:31 AM   #66706
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
We did about half dirt and half street, put in about 220 miles. I was surprised how few bikes we saw out considering what a really nice day.
I was surprised how few bikes were out in general. On Sunday I did a short hardley run down Whitehouse Mountain Rd, to Devils Den then back up 170. I saw maybe 20 bikes, mostly 2-up Harleys loping along. Most were going slower than me (that's really crawling), but all of them pulled over to let me by. Don't be a hater NLP, Mouth is rubbing off on ya!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #66707
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,759
Oh and gas in Clarksville was only $3.13!

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #66708
jtwest
Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer: 2,445
Anyone following these fires ? Awful close to home!!! Yarnell is less than 15 minutes from our home in AZ. I know people that live there..
Old 07-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #66709
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino Magoo View Post
Don't be a hater NLP...
I do hate to see people putting themselves and their loved ones at risk by not knowing how to properly ride a motorcycle/scooter/trike. Any man who would put his wife on a motorcycle, his or her own, without either of them having the ability to ride the motorcycle safely with the flow of traffic is a fool blinded by pride.

Call me a hater if you like but the people riding 10-15 below the speed limit need to be ticketed and towed.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #66710
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Oddometer: 1,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
I do hate to see people putting themselves and their loved ones at risk by not knowing how to properly ride a motorcycle/scooter/trike. Any man who would put his wife on a motorcycle, his or her own, without either of them having the ability to ride the motorcycle safely with the flow of traffic is a fool blinded by pride.

Call me a hater if you like but the people riding 10-15 below the speed limit need to be ticketed and towed.

nlp
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #66711
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Quote:

nlp
I don't disagree...but the idiots on crotch rockets that absolutely blow by these folks going 30mph in a corner marked with that speed should be shot for putting the couple and oncoming traffic at risk!

I ride at the speed limit (not below) on my bikes, and have been put in dangerous situations much more often by speeders than slow-riders. Just sayin'.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #66712
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
Anyone following these fires ? Awful close to home!!! Yarnell is less than 15 minutes from our home in AZ. I know people that live there..

Yes, I hate it for the people out there. Devastating for them and also the damage to the countryside. Did you all see pictures of Royal Gorge after it burned everything? I remember riding through Yellowstone on the west side after the big fire there. It will take decades to recover from fires like these.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #66713
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
I don't disagree...but the idiots on crotch rockets that absolutely blow by these folks going 30mph in a corner marked with that speed should be shot for putting the couple and oncoming traffic at risk!
Who you calling an idiot ???? Oh, and I shoot back Besides, that MARKED SPEED is suggested, not the legal speed.

Albie screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 08:45 AM
Old 07-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #66714
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwest View Post
All my relatives live down in Yuma. Sand don't burn.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #66715
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Quote:

I ride at the speed limit (not below) on my bikes, and have been put in dangerous situations much more often by speeders than slow-riders. Just sayin'.

I am agreeable today..... although I probably ride a little faster than speed limit at times myself.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #66716
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,650
Quote:

I do not think anyone needs to be "shot". I do not think that it is safe to pass people while in a curve. I do not believe a slow-rider is as much a risk to me, as they are to themselves. Finally, I do believe that a mandatory MSF course should be required before anyone is allowed to have a motorcycle endorsement on their DL.

nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #66717
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Quote:
I do not think anyone needs to be "shot". I do not think that it is safe to pass people while in a curve. I do not believe a slow-rider is as much a risk to me, as they are to themselves. Finally, I do believe that a mandatory MSF course should be required before anyone is allowed to have a motorcycle endorsement on their DL.

nlp
We are all too agreeable for a Monday. The "shot" comment was intended to attract some attention, glad it did!

I too am a huge fan of MSF courses, they should be required. I find it amazing that motorcycle rental places let anyone ride off with only the endorsement without seeing if you can really ride. I rented a couple bikes from Pig Trail Harley for my brother and nephew a year ago, and even though both were highly experienced, we all rode a couple laps on the Riders Edge course out back before we took off just to get used to the bikes. Funny thing, the rental agent comes running out, worried that we were unsure of ourselves!
As we left, we followed another renter who just paid and rolled out...and he proceeded to "lay it down" as he pulled out onto Rogers Ave.

This week may be some of the best July 4th weather I can remember...seems like a red-white-and-blue ride is in order somewhere on the 4th!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #66718
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Who you calling an idiot ???? Oh, and I shoot back Besides, that MARKED SPEED is suggested, not the legal speed.
How did you know I was thinking of you?

You are absolutely right about the marked speed...but there is this:
"While travelling above the advisory speed limit is not an offense, liability for any accidents that occur as a result of traveling above the limit can be placed partially or entirely on the person exceeding the advisory speed limit."

I've gotta check with the boss for a kitchen pass, but I think a putter off in the woods is in order Thursday. Arkwhizzy, are you off?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #66719
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Quote:
How did you know I was thinking of you?

You are absolutely right about the marked speed...but there is this:
"While travelling above the advisory speed limit is not an offense, liability for any accidents that occur as a result of traveling above the limit can be placed partially or entirely on the person exceeding the advisory speed limit."

I've gotta check with the boss for a kitchen pass, but I think a putter off in the woods is in order Thursday. Arkwhizzy, are you off?
Todd and I are off! And also, if you hit somebody and are doing the advisory speed, I'm pretty sure you'll still get your ass sued.

Albie screwed with this post 07-01-2013 at 09:53 AM
Old 07-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #66720
mdawg12
Old and Slow

I'm in! Details?