Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #151
Specterx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbf View Post
Let me know if you actually receive them. I left messages on all their "press 1 for" options; and emailed them and never heard back. Don't want to sent money if they won't respond. thanks, dave
I got mine. It took a little over a week before they shipped. They also answered my email about returning one. I sent it back and they gave me a full refund. ( I had two, sent one back). Kept the other one and love it.
Specterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #152
d1desertdog
n00b

Oddometer: 2
i got mine in less than a week-ordered for aluminum bars with removable hand guard anchors-my anchors are not what they fit-mine have 6mm bolts these are for 8mm.I drilled my old bar ends to 5/16" reamed the rubber expander to fit the 8mm bolts -things are working good-added a pair of rox anti vibe risers now i can ride for a couple of hours before my hands start bothering me
d1desertdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #153
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso

Oddometer: 184
Kawasaki Concours 2006?

Do you have an item that will fit?
Aslso sent email thru website/
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #154
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,073
Running a set on my '86 TT350 that doesn't have rubber mounted bars.

I got very sore hands after riding for an hour on the road. Vibranators went in and now, no more sore hands at all.
Not to mention that about 6,500-7,000rpm the vibes virtually disappear.
Much to my brothers disgust who has the same bike and his vibes increase with the revs
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #155
Kurfer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Anyone with a 690 Enduro have an actual part # they know worked for their bike?

I can't figure out which ones to get...

Not sure I need those rubber end pieces hanging off the sides of my bars.
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring Edition
2008 KTM 690 Enduro - Sold
Kurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #156
eti_radu
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Does anyone with a 1200 GS/GSA has the vibranators installed?

I ordered a pair in Nov 2011, got the wrong ones, spoke with Don several times, got new ones shipped in late Jan, again wrong ones. Called Don and got a statement that they did not have a BMW 1200GSA with stock hand guards to look up the proper dimensions....never got any reply since then and i still need my dumpers :)

I will need some inmates help if possible to reach out to Don and check if they will manage to manufacture soon for the GSA as i am dialing at huge rates from outside US and got tired in leaving voice mails.

Thanks upfront to any volunteer, if one helps getting this info from Vibranator LLC the reward is free beer when arriving to Switzerland
eti_radu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #157
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,367
Well, I stopped by Ricor Shocks/Vibranator with a buddy, met Don, and expressed my dilemma- I like my Kaoko throttle lock AND a hand guard, and I'm not willing to give up either.

20 minutes later, a quick trip to the lathe and off I went with a set installed in my 9-fiddy.

As we were on what turned into a 1500+ mile jaunt thru the desert at the time, it didn't take long for me to notice the difference. At about 5k RPM, where the 950 has a distinct buzz, there was a noticeable reduction in the percieved vibration at the grip. It wasn't glass smooth or anything, but significantly less for sure. At the end of the day, my hands were tingly, but no real numbness to speak of.

I'm sold.

Many thanks to Don for dealing with something WAY out of his normal routine- he's not really set up for retail sales out of the shop. Great to shoot the shit about the old days in the bike biz too!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #158
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,383
This has been asked a billion times on this thread over the last 3 years but, as a new GS owner whose bike is buzzy, I have to ask again: are the R1200GS versions available yet? If I visited the "shop" could I get a set fitted to my bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #159
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 699
Just installed these on my DR650 this weekend, BIG improvement for my DR.. before my hands would go numb after about 20 minutes of riding with my Fly AlumaSteel bars. Did a 1 hour test ride and hands feel great. Still some buzz but much less now.
85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #160
GaelicDog
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
I have a 2012 Triumph 1200 Tiger Explorer with the Triumph brand tapered bars. The bars also have the Triumph brand hand guards and bar ends.

Can you advise if you have a set of dampeners for this set up?
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #161
Renegade_Azzy
Kamen Rider

Oddometer: 383
Ordered a set after a few emails back and forth with Don. ADVrider discount still works on the website too.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #162
Tripletreat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
I've been following this thread a looooong time. I planned to place an order after the growing pains of the company died down. However, it doesn't seem like problems have been sorted out. I just visited the Vibranator website. Apparently there is only a limited number of bikes/models that can be accommodated... or am I just confused trying to navigate the site? Are special/custom orders routinely accepted by that company?
Vibranators were the subject of a very complimentary review in the current issue of Motor Cycle Consumer News, which I expect will generate a flood of new orders. I wonder how that will work out. Can they be filled?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #163
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,073
You're just confused.
Easiest is to give them a call to confirm.

I did this and they pointed me in the right direction for the correct Vibranators for the DR & XR with the hand guards and bars I was running and to the Triumph Scrambler Intiminators for my TT350 dirt bike.
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:58 AM   #164
Dan Căta
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,547
Are this still available? I have sent an email to the address indicated on the website but no response since last Friday.

I am interested if they fit my 1100RT, the ones listed as for BMW GS, all

Thanks,
Dan.
Dan Căta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #165
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,732
i ride a paint mixer - a 2002 KTM 640E. i can deal with the vibs, but the components can't. always finding loose or missing screws after a 500 mile ride.

i had a garmin 60csx on that bike for 3 years and no problem. bought the new garmin montana, i went through all the models and now on my fifth one (all exchange or upgrade on warranty).

love to try this product.
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote