Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Chad M
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch
I'm game to try. Your website is confusing though. I am running 7/8" aluminum bars on my KTM LC4 with Acerbis rally guards. What do I order?
Hi RicorSHX, I have a KTM 640ADV with the stock Magura bars with Acerbis handguards. Which model would be appropriate for this application?

My bars have a 14mm ID and the handguards mount with an insert that is 52mm long.

Thanks!

Chad M screwed with this post 04-01-2009 at 02:42 PM
Chad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:34 PM   #17
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad M
Hi RicorSHX, I have a KTM 640ADV with the stock Magura bars with Acerbis handguards. Which model would be appropriate for this application?

My bars have a 14mm ID and the handguards mount with an insert that is 52mm long.

Thanks!
Hi,

All bars with hand guards W/O threaded inserts
Our Price: $69.95

We supply the bolts for Acerbis in the kit.

Don't forget the advrider discount if you decide to get them. Please let me know how they worked out.

Thanks,
Don

RicorSHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #18
WONB2K
The Road Less Traveled

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Your website is confusing
If I understand the application correctly these can't be used in conjunction with bark buster style hand guards that use bar inserts...correct?

And what about compatibility with throttle locks like Kaoko?

Jim
WONB2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
Tripletreat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
vibs

Sasquatch raises a good point. The bike I have that most need this has aluminum bars, which have a smaller I.D. that steel bars of the conventional size -- 7/8". I don't really know the I.D. off the top of my head, but I know it is unusally small. Can your product be used in this case?
Tripletreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #20
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletreat
Sasquatch raises a good point. The bike I have that most need this has aluminum bars, which have a smaller I.D. that steel bars of the conventional size -- 7/8". I don't really know the I.D. off the top of my head, but I know it is unusally small. Can your product be used in this case?
No problem, the hand guard kit uses the small OD parts. The small mass version works so good, we were contemplating using, even if there is room for the bigger one.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #21
TheEstablishment
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicorSHX
Hi,

All bars with hand guards W/O threaded inserts
Our Price: $69.95

We supply the bolts for Acerbis in the kit.

Don't forget the advrider discount if you decide to get them. Please let me know how they worked out.

Thanks,
Don

Do you know if these will also work with Cycra pro bends? I take it they replace the normal wedged nut that grips the inside of the handlebar?
TheEstablishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #22
Tripletreat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 484
Vibs

RicorSHX, my concern is the I.D. (inside diameter) these things go inside the handbar, right? My aluminum bar's Outside Diameter (I.D.) is the typical (non-Harley) size. I think that is 22mm or 7/8 inch.
Tripletreat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #23
Chad M
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEstablishment
Do you know if these will also work with Cycra pro bends? I take it they replace the normal wedged nut that grips the inside of the handlebar?
That is my understanding. I'm pretty sure the order would be like this: bark buster, insert, vibranator. The "new bolt" would likely be long enough to go through the bark buster, through the insert and then thread into the end of the vibranator. When you tighten the bolt, you are wedging the insert with vibranator, which is now suspended in your bar.

At least that's how I imagine it working.

Triple threat - the only way you're going to know is to open up the end of your bar. I'd guess most of the alu bars are around 14mm ID, it does look small, but obviously they've taken this into account.
Chad M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:18 PM   #24
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad M
That is my understanding. I'm pretty sure the order would be like this: bark buster, insert, vibranator. The "new bolt" would likely be long enough to go through the bark buster, through the insert and then thread into the end of the vibranator. When you tighten the bolt, you are wedging the insert with vibranator, which is now suspended in your bar.

At least that's how I imagine it working.

Triple threat - the only way you're going to know is to open up the end of your bar. I'd guess most of the alu bars are around 14mm ID, it does look small, but obviously they've taken this into account.
That's right, we supply the long 90mm stainless bolt for the Acerbis applications and also the 70mm for the Cycra, Enduro, etc. The Vibranator bolts to the end of the longer bolt.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #25
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEstablishment
They definitely work with the Cycra pro bends. We supply/ replace the bolt that goes into the Cycra pro bend sweggie with a longer one.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #26
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletreat
RicorSHX, my concern is the I.D. (inside diameter) these things go inside the handbar, right? My aluminum bar's Outside Diameter (I.D.) is the typical (non-Harley) size. I think that is 22mm or 7/8 inch.
The non Harley bars are 7/8 OD. The typical aluminum bar ID is .550" or 14mm. The Renthal fat bar has a .625 or 16mm ID. If you have hand guards that attach into the bar ends, it doesn't matter because the hand guard attachment parts are used. If you get it wrong, we will replace them with the right size, no charge. We will also refund the purchase price to anyone who didn't think the anti vibration performance lived up to their expectations.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #27
Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,770
So far it seems that he really stands behind his product. I am waiting for mine to ship so I can try them in Moab on my upcoming trip. My paint shaker needs help, so I have high hopes.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #28
monstercycle996
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Question anti vibration

Do you have a model that will fir a bmw 07' gs1200adv?

Thanks
monstercycle996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
RicorSHX OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstercycle996
Do you have a model that will fir a bmw 07' gs1200adv?

Thanks
We're getting allot of requests for the BMW's. Unfortunately the bars aren't compatible with our system right now. Because of requests, we're going to design a BMW external bar end version soon. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #30
2slow
Road toad

Oddometer: 456
Looks just like the vibration dampers in my 1998 Honda ST1100 or the 1984 Honda V65 Sabre.
2slow is offline   Reply With Quote