ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #9736
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Yeah, I must have. See below

You mean "the DELIGHT", right?

How did you come to that conclusion? The tag had been grabbed...maybe not with Ali but there was still a mascot, placed where the original mascot had been left correct?

You know, the easiest thing to do would have been to just leave the duck in play instead of disqualifying the entire tag and resetting still another mascot at still another location.
Is there some kind of duck phobia in NOVA I don't know about?

To be honest, I'm rather shocked at the anger, frustration and demands by some that this little joke caused!

My hats off to whoever did this. It certainly did ruffle the feathers of a few of you city slickers!
No ruffled feathers. Alligators don't have any.

Bwalsh, NoVa tag is a good and vibrant game. Everyone is welcome to play. Including you. And if you want to play, the rules and boundaries are there for everyone to read. I did, and have had a great time. I fail to understand how stealing a mascot and then claiming a grab makes sense. It doesn't. Also, PMs are your friend.

This is a tag game.

No drama.
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #9737
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,594
Ur gator couldn't be safer in the arms of Jesus. I will get him back to ya as soon as I have an opportunity.
:sly:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #9738
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
Ur gator couldn't be safer in the arms of Jesus. I will get him back to ya as soon as I have an opportunity.
:sly:

That would be appreciated.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #9739
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
No ruffled feathers. Alligators don't have any.

Bwalsh, NoVa tag is a good and vibrant game. Everyone is welcome to play. Including you. And if you want to play, the rules and boundaries are there for everyone to read. I did, and have had a great time. I fail to understand how stealing a mascot and then claiming a grab makes sense. It doesn't. Also, PMs are your friend.

This is a tag game.

No drama.

Ok...

Thanks for the invite but I've played this game enough to know what it is, how it works...and for quite awhile before you started to play. I think I can manage but thanks for the words of encouragement.

PS: I have never seen the rule that says you can't switch out characters/mascots... Link please!

You can PM me so you don't keep slowing the game up.

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #9740
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
That would be appreciated.
Are ya happy now?

Now...where's our duck, ya thievin bastid!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #9741
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Ok...

Thanks for the invite but I've played this game enough to know what it is, how it works...and for quite awhile before you started to play. I think I can manage but thanks for the words of encouragement.

PS: I have never seen the rule that says you can't switch out characters/mascots... Link please!

You can PM me so you don't keep slowing the game up.
Thanks so much! Your solution would work, but for the fact that we invited you, or the NWVa group, to pm me or or XDrag about repatriation. And, not to be chest thumping, we have had a few tags since the NW VA has shown interest in our game. While we didn't invite or discourage the unsolicited ingress, perhaps you've forgotten the parameters that made, and will make, the NoVa game work?
Again, NoVa has a game that is working. And while I defer to your OG status, please participate.

As I've mentioned before, PM is your friend.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #9742
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Are ya happy now?

Now...where's our duck, ya thievin bastid!

That's what I love about our current state -- absolutely no shame. NWVa steals a mascot, and then claims to be victim. Outstanding! You've earned three claps.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #9743
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,871
Quote:

---------------------------------

"After further review, Tag 1001 has been ruled a NON-GRAB."

----------------------------------

How did you come to that conclusion? The tag had been grabbed...maybe not with Ali but there was still a mascot, placed where the original mascot had been left correct?
Correct? Not exactly!

Please check your PM's, Bob, where the issues are discussed more fully.

As to the NON-GRAB ruling, I'll clarify:

When I discovered the antlered rubber duck at the tag site, I had NO IDEA the toy was anyone's MASCOT. For all I knew, the duck was a token left as lagniappe by someone who had Bruced me.

Only after posting images of the duck, and comparing the likeness to the mascots for the NW Ride-to-eat and the NWVa games, did I (and, I think, others) learn that the rubber duck was a mascot from another game.

NO ONE took responsibility for this action or informed the website a unilateral mascot exchange occurred.

Since NO ONE posted any tag images or clues (after a 24-hour wait), as follows a typical grab, the only conclusion possible to me was: NON-GRAB, a mysterious mascot loss (we've had others, historically). Thus, we activated our back-up alligator (anatomically correct sculpture of a Nile crocodile).

Again, please check your PM's, sent with the constructive intent of peaceably restoring the mascots to their respective games.
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #9744
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,698
Aw, come on guys . . . . it's just a game. Kinda silly, but fun.

I know all of you mainstays, and enjoy the heck out of riding with alla ya. As often as I've lost mascots, I'd be the last guy to complain

Seems kinda likely we know who's the instigator, (not one of you three!) suspect it was all meant in fun.

Guess I shoulda handed out somma that there rye I got today . . .

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #9745
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Guess I shoulda handed out somma that there rye I got today . . .
Greedy bastgage! Serves you right. . ..
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #9746
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate

Oddometer: 2,698
Warn't me!

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #9747
TH
There and Here

Oddometer: 912
Aw, I was at home playing clue. I was going to say: Orexpat with a KLR in the RLD!
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #9748
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:
That's what I love about our current state -- absolutely no shame. NWVa steals a mascot, and then claims to be victim. Outstanding! You've earned three claps.
So now.......since u seem so sure, Who is the culprit???

Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #9749
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
So now.......since u seem so sure, Who is the culprit???

zcooney. He started this. . ..
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #9750
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragRacer View Post
Correct? Not exactly!

Please check your PM's, Bob, where the issues are discussed more fully.

As to the NON-GRAB ruling, I'll clarify:

When I discovered the antlered rubber duck at the tag site, I had NO IDEA the toy was anyone's MASCOT. For all I knew, the duck was a token left as lagniappe by someone who had Bruced me.

Only after posting images of the duck, and comparing the likeness to the mascots for the NW Ride-to-eat and the NWVa games, did I (and, I think, others) learn that the rubber duck was a mascot from another game.

NO ONE took responsibility for this action or informed the website a unilateral mascot exchange occurred.

Since NO ONE posted any tag images or clues (after a 24-hour wait), as follows a typical grab, the only conclusion possible to me was: NON-GRAB, a mysterious mascot loss (we've had others, historically). Thus, we activated our back-up alligator (anatomically correct sculpture of a Nile crocodile).

Again, please check your PM's, sent with the constructive intent of peaceably restoring the mascots to their respective games.
I call BS.

Nobody waited 24 hrs. I went in search of the gator at the ducks last location AND notified both threads of my intention and I promised to post by noon my findings. Which I did.

However, while on my way you folks placed a new tag anyway. Maybe 24hrs is less time in Nova??

No sweat off my ass cuz I wanted to ride anyway......but when it was mentioned that you folks would wait til noon, you should have waited. I would have gladly traded you mascots at that point on such a nice day to ride. But clearly your beloved alligator wasn't so beloved because you guys abandoned her rather quickly.

As for the duck, its not mine.......keep it for all I care. It's a dollar store toy.

Pm that!