ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #9736
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Yeah, I must have. See below





You mean "the DELIGHT", right?

How did you come to that conclusion? The tag had been grabbed...maybe not with Ali but there was still a mascot, placed where the original mascot had been left correct?



You know, the easiest thing to do would have been to just leave the duck in play instead of disqualifying the entire tag and resetting still another mascot at still another location.
Is there some kind of duck phobia in NOVA I don't know about?

To be honest, I'm rather shocked at the anger, frustration and demands by some that this little joke caused!

My hats off to whoever did this. It certainly did ruffle the feathers of a few of you city slickers!
No ruffled feathers. Alligators don't have any.

Bwalsh, NoVa tag is a good and vibrant game. Everyone is welcome to play. Including you. And if you want to play, the rules and boundaries are there for everyone to read. I did, and have had a great time. I fail to understand how stealing a mascot and then claiming a grab makes sense. It doesn't. Also, PMs are your friend.

This is a tag game.

No drama.
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #9737
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,594
Ur gator couldn't be safer in the arms of Jesus. I will get him back to ya as soon as I have an opportunity.
:sly:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:16 PM   #9738
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
Ur gator couldn't be safer in the arms of Jesus. I will get him back to ya as soon as I have an opportunity.
:sly:

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
That would be appreciated.
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:44 PM   #9739
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
No ruffled feathers. Alligators don't have any.



Bwalsh, NoVa tag is a good and vibrant game. Everyone is welcome to play. Including you. And if you want to play, the rules and boundaries are there for everyone to read. I did, and have had a great time. I fail to understand how stealing a mascot and then claiming a grab makes sense. It doesn't. Also, PMs are your friend.

This is a tag game.

No drama.



Ok...

Thanks for the invite but I've played this game enough to know what it is, how it works...and for quite awhile before you started to play. I think I can manage but thanks for the words of encouragement.

PS: I have never seen the rule that says you can't switch out characters/mascots... Link please!

You can PM me so you don't keep slowing the game up.
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #9740
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
That would be appreciated.
Are ya happy now?






























Now...where's our duck, ya thievin bastid!





























__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #9741
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post


Ok...

Thanks for the invite but I've played this game enough to know what it is, how it works...and for quite awhile before you started to play. I think I can manage but thanks for the words of encouragement.

PS: I have never seen the rule that says you can't switch out characters/mascots... Link please!

You can PM me so you don't keep slowing the game up.
Thanks so much! Your solution would work, but for the fact that we invited you, or the NWVa group, to pm me or or XDrag about repatriation. And, not to be chest thumping, we have had a few tags since the NW VA has shown interest in our game. While we didn't invite or discourage the unsolicited ingress, perhaps you've forgotten the parameters that made, and will make, the NoVa game work?
Again, NoVa has a game that is working. And while I defer to your OG status, please participate.

As I've mentioned before, PM is your friend.
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #9742
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Are ya happy now?






























Now...where's our duck, ya thievin bastid!





























That's what I love about our current state -- absolutely no shame. NWVa steals a mascot, and then claims to be victim. Outstanding! You've earned three claps.
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM   #9743
XDragRacer
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 2,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post

---------------------------------

"After further review, Tag 1001 has been ruled a NON-GRAB."

----------------------------------

How did you come to that conclusion? The tag had been grabbed...maybe not with Ali but there was still a mascot, placed where the original mascot had been left correct?
Correct? Not exactly!

Please check your PM's, Bob, where the issues are discussed more fully.

As to the NON-GRAB ruling, I'll clarify:

When I discovered the antlered rubber duck at the tag site, I had NO IDEA the toy was anyone's MASCOT. For all I knew, the duck was a token left as lagniappe by someone who had Bruced me.

Only after posting images of the duck, and comparing the likeness to the mascots for the NW Ride-to-eat and the NWVa games, did I (and, I think, others) learn that the rubber duck was a mascot from another game.

NO ONE took responsibility for this action or informed the website a unilateral mascot exchange occurred.

Since NO ONE posted any tag images or clues (after a 24-hour wait), as follows a typical grab, the only conclusion possible to me was: NON-GRAB, a mysterious mascot loss (we've had others, historically). Thus, we activated our back-up alligator (anatomically correct sculpture of a Nile crocodile).

Again, please check your PM's, sent with the constructive intent of peaceably restoring the mascots to their respective games.
XDragRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:30 PM   #9744
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate
 
ORexpat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: West of Seattle . . .
Oddometer: 2,698
Aw, come on guys . . . . it's just a game. Kinda silly, but fun.

I know all of you mainstays, and enjoy the heck out of riding with alla ya. As often as I've lost mascots, I'd be the last guy to complain

Seems kinda likely we know who's the instigator, (not one of you three!) suspect it was all meant in fun.

Guess I shoulda handed out somma that there rye I got today . . .
__________________
Old . . . and . . . Slow

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #9745
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
Guess I shoulda handed out somma that there rye I got today . . .
Greedy bastgage! Serves you right. . ..
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #9746
ORexpat
Oregon Expatriate
 
ORexpat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: West of Seattle . . .
Oddometer: 2,698
Warn't me!
__________________
Old . . . and . . . Slow

ORexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:04 PM   #9747
TH
There and Here
 
TH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Northern VA
Oddometer: 912
Aw, I was at home playing clue. I was going to say: Orexpat with a KLR in the RLD!
__________________
"doggone and dagnabit! That's what I call a whopping' big rabbit."
Keep the rubber side down
'01 Sprint ST '12 Super Tenere
NOVA Tag-o-Rama Map
TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #9748
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVa Rider View Post
That's what I love about our current state -- absolutely no shame. NWVa steals a mascot, and then claims to be victim. Outstanding! You've earned three claps.
So now.......since u seem so sure, Who is the culprit???

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #9749
NoVa Rider
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Oddometer: 2,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
So now.......since u seem so sure, Who is the culprit???

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
zcooney. He started this. . ..
NoVa Rider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #9750
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,594
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDragRacer View Post
Correct? Not exactly!

Please check your PM's, Bob, where the issues are discussed more fully.

As to the NON-GRAB ruling, I'll clarify:

When I discovered the antlered rubber duck at the tag site, I had NO IDEA the toy was anyone's MASCOT. For all I knew, the duck was a token left as lagniappe by someone who had Bruced me.

Only after posting images of the duck, and comparing the likeness to the mascots for the NW Ride-to-eat and the NWVa games, did I (and, I think, others) learn that the rubber duck was a mascot from another game.

NO ONE took responsibility for this action or informed the website a unilateral mascot exchange occurred.

Since NO ONE posted any tag images or clues (after a 24-hour wait), as follows a typical grab, the only conclusion possible to me was: NON-GRAB, a mysterious mascot loss (we've had others, historically). Thus, we activated our back-up alligator (anatomically correct sculpture of a Nile crocodile).

Again, please check your PM's, sent with the constructive intent of peaceably restoring the mascots to their respective games.
I call BS.

Nobody waited 24 hrs. I went in search of the gator at the ducks last location AND notified both threads of my intention and I promised to post by noon my findings. Which I did.

However, while on my way you folks placed a new tag anyway. Maybe 24hrs is less time in Nova??

No sweat off my ass cuz I wanted to ride anyway......but when it was mentioned that you folks would wait til noon, you should have waited. I would have gladly traded you mascots at that point on such a nice day to ride. But clearly your beloved alligator wasn't so beloved because you guys abandoned her rather quickly.

As for the duck, its not mine.......keep it for all I care. It's a dollar store toy.

Pm that!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
NW VA Tag-to-Eat tag game
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014