Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 4.81 average. Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #2386
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfuzz View Post
Same here with my p22 . It will eat federal bulk with no problem don't like Rem white box stuff . I have about 2000 rounds thru mine and it shoots great. Short barrel w/ lazer . Of course my old ruger MK II target model that hasn't been taken down in 20 years will shoot anything.
Hawk has a Sig 22 that won't run a mag thru without a stoppage of some kind. Pisses Hottie off to no end
The Sig mosquito is the pickiest gun I've ever owned. I found that cci blazer works extremely well. Remington thunderbolts are also good rounds. The gun should have come with two springs. Use the lighter of the two. Once everything is dialed in, and with the right ammo the gun is very fun to shoot.

Sent from my Samsung Note 10.1
Old 02-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #2387
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,377
I picked up a Ruger SR22 a couple weeks ago and so far no issues feeding Federal, Winchester, or Blazer bulk. The Blazers gave me the tightest groups. The Sr22 doesn't group as well as my 22/45 (no surprise given the barrell length) but it fits my small hands better and is a hell of a lot easier to break down. Along those lines, I installed an aftermarket hammer bushing in the 22/45 last night to get rid of the mag disconnect. Makes reassembly a lot easier and the mags now pop out better. Best $10 I've spent recently.
PunkinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #2388
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Oddometer: 970
I went back to look at the Astra, but ended up deciding against it. The corrosion on the unprotected metal was a little worse that I had thought, and the screw holding the grip on was completely brown. I worried about how inside parts must have been affected. Also the $250 firm price tag put it too close to brand new guns.

I also decided not to get a target style pistol too.

I seriously considered the SR22, P22 and the Sig Mosquito. All could be found locally for $320-330.

But I went with a Bersa Thunder .22 Bought local for $329 which pretty much matched Buds online price plus the FFL transfer fee. I read far fewer negative reviews about the Bersa than the other options. I was almost ready to buy the Sig, but having to use specific ammo, especially when ANY ammo is so hard to find right now, turned me off.
Me and my monkee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #2389
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,536
I love my Neos for plinking, but as others have said, if you are using it as a trainer for your LC9 you should go with something similar. I would think the SR22 would be the closest for similar feel and controls layout. I have several friends with P22s and they all like them. SR22 has some great reviews too.
NOMADS
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #2390
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 889
why no love for the S&W m&P .22? My mother picked one up as a trainer for her full size and its a great little gun that eats everything.
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #2391
Boondoggle
Gear Grinder

Oddometer: 11,129
Monkee that's actually a really good find. I don't have the Bersa .22 but I have a Bersa 9mm that I love- not elegant like a Kimber or Sig but a very nice pistol. The Thunder .22 is DA/SA, right? If the DA is anything like my 9's DA pull it will be good practice for the LC9 (ie- long, awkward, strange). On the other hand my UC9's SA trigger is just a joy to shoot.

I'm interested to hear how you like the Bersa .22 as you go along, please keep us posted.
Boondoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #2392
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,026
/yawn yet another 10/22

I only started my gun obsession a few years ago, and learned very quickly how expensive it is.

So this is going to be my range toy.

I bought a new blued 10/22, going to add this stock setup:
Blackhawk Axiom R/F Ruger 10/22 Rifle Stock

Going to add this scope: (as a result from reading this thread, thanks!)
BSA Optics Sweet 22 3-9x40 w/Side Focus/Standard Duplex Reticle - Matte Black

I also picked up 4 10rd mags, I can't find this one anywhere, it's all sold out.

I also had a hell of a time just finding ammoe. I finally hit on some Cabelas stuff, picked up 15 boxes of 325rds for 15.99/box. W.T.F. Hopefully this current ammoe/gun availability will die down soon.

Well, that's all I got. Just patiently waiting for all the stuff in the mail. Total should be around 7-800 bucks. Will post up when I have it together.

Cause I know you guys are all just dying for a photo of another 10/22.
Play War Thunder, ultra-realistic WWII Air Combat game with other ADVers
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #2393
Me and my monkee
Out makin' Monkee Maps

Oddometer: 970
Almost 5000 rounds. Nice. This is why I can't even find the one box I want to go to the range with the new gun.

Also the reason I decided to not get the Bersa .22 As my background check got delayed I spent the weekend on a Bersa forum and realized that although the .380 is the dogs bollocks, the .22 has serious issues with particular ammo. When they called me to let me know background was good I told them I changed my mind. Yeah, I felt like a arsehole, but as long as people are buying up 5000+ rounds at a time, I can't get a gun that is picky.

Anyway, Beretta Neos coming my way, as it has a reputation for shooting any ammo. As soon as the damn BG gets approved again. Grrrr, at least it gives me a few more days to try and find ONE FREAKING BOX of ammo.
Me and my monkee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #2394
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me and my monkee View Post
Almost 5000 rounds. Nice. This is why I can't even find the one box I want to go to the range with the new gun.
I feel bad for people in your situation but 5000 rounds is a typical case purchase for an avid rimfire shooter. I rarely just pick up a single box for a few reasons. First, I shoot a lot of rimfire so I go through a brick pretty quickly. Second, even with the bulk stuff I prefer to have as much as possible from the same lot for consistency. Third, some of my guns are finicky so when I find something they like I buy plenty. Fourth, I don't like to mix and match brands. I bought an SR22 a few weeks ago and tried it out with various brands and the point of impact and group size varied dramatically. I adjusted the sights for the brand that shot the best and I don't want to readjust them depending on what I can find at Wally World on a given day.

I've seen lonely single bricks of .22LR at the store in the past couple months and I've passed because I prefer to buy in case lots. My son wants to do an Appleseed event later this month and I'll probably take a few extra boxes along to offer to shooters that can't get ammo.

Maybe you need to buy a Mosin Nagant. I still see skids of 440rd spam cans of 7.62x54R at the local gun stores.

PunkinHead screwed with this post 02-05-2013 at 03:21 AM
Old 02-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #2395
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinHead View Post
Maybe you need to buy a Mosin Nagant. I still see skids of 440rd spam cans of 7.62x54R at the local gun stores.
Funny you should mention the Mosin, I've had my eye one one for a while, might be my next purchase cause I'm a cheap fucker.

Course i'll farkle it enough so it won't be cheap any more. Wtf is wrong with me.
Play War Thunder, ultra-realistic WWII Air Combat game with other ADVers
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #2396
PunkinHead
Moobless Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
Funny you should mention the Mosin, I've had my eye one one for a while, might be my next purchase cause I'm a cheap fucker.
Just picked up one on Sunday for my son's birthday. They're getting harder to find. I'll fire up the lathe tonight and make a headspace gage so I know it won't blow up in his face.

As far as rimfire goes, it's a shame .17HMR isn't a common pistol round- there's plenty of it on the shelves.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #2397
Bigfeet428
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off the grid View Post
/yawn yet another 10/22
No such thing as yet another 10/22. They're to much fun.
Bigfeet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #2398
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

This 10/22 is one of the Talo USST 10/22 from the 2008 Olympics limited edition run. I changed the stock so as not to ruin the original one that came on the gun. Its twin with a consecutive serial number sits in the safe in it's original form. Awesome guns. I have put quite a bit of work into it, and plan to get a new trigger for it. Found some rebuilt oem trigger groups on Amazon for $120-160. They range from 2-2.75 lb trigger pull. I'm not real interested in doing a trigger job on the trigger group that came with the gun since I would like to keep it original.

I like the looks of the Axiom stock above, but I heard it flexes a lot. I might get one and see for myself.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #2399
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post

This 10/22 is one of the Talo USST 10/22 from the 2008 Olympics limited edition run. I changed the stock so as not to ruin the original one that came on the gun. Its twin with a consecutive serial number sits in the safe in it's original form. Awesome guns. I have put quite a bit of work into it, and plan to get a new trigger for it. Found some rebuilt oem trigger groups on Amazon for $120-160. They range from 2-2.75 lb trigger pull. I'm not real interested in doing a trigger job on the trigger group that came with the gun since I would like to keep it original.

I like the looks of the Axiom stock above, but I heard it flexes a lot. I might get one and see for myself.

For that kind of money ($150), you're really close to a Jard and about halfway to a Kidd trigger.

I've replaced everything inside an OEM housing on one of my 10/22s and it doesn't come close to my Jard on my full custom. A buddy has a Kidd and says it's on par with the Jewell in his 700.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #2400
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
For that kind of money ($150), you're really close to a Jard and about halfway to a Kidd trigger.

I've replaced everything inside an OEM housing on one of my 10/22s and it doesn't come close to my Jard on my full custom. A buddy has a Kidd and says it's on par with the Jewell in his 700.
The reviews are pretty good on the others. I'm still not sure what I will get, but I'm in to this gun so much money it's hard to keep spending more and more. Of course I competed in precision air rifle for a few years. To some the idea of a $2000+ air rifle is ridiculous.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: