Old 01-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #661
AerialCameras
Gyrating Peacefully

Oddometer: 1,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Sig Mosquito Update:

After about 600-700 rounds:
1. Still likes CCI mini mag 36 gr stuff, no jams or stove pipes, still hates the cheap stuff (blazer, etc). Oddly, didn't do well with the winchester hyper-velocity either, lots more "flash" and a couple stove pipes.

Overall shoots well (as well as the shooter at this point). Like the size/fit. Hate the cost of an extra mag ($35) but that's a Sig.
I bought one tuesday and just took it out this afternoon. I put 100 mini mags through it then went 300 rounds on the federal bulk stuff before an FTE on the last mag of the day. The grin is still on my face several hours later.

The funny thing was after running a hundred or so through the skeeter, the bang of my 228 really caught me off guard. I flinched like a real n00b. The guns are so similar it was sort of like drinking a beer and then mistakingly picking up a different glass with water in it. You're expecting beer but when the water hits your tongue you think you drank acid

BTW Gemtech makes a threaded barrel if you ever feel like you need one later down the road.

Now that I'm happy as a pig in shit with this gun, I'll spring for the extra mags and fobus holster.

I ain't had no fun in London since the Hammersmith Palais
AerialCameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 PM   #662
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by AerialFilm1 View Post
I bought one tuesday and just took it out this afternoon. I put 100 mini mags through it then went 300 rounds on the federal bulk stuff before an FTE on the last mag of the day. The grin is still on my face several hours later.

The funny thing was after running a hundred or so through the skeeter, the bang of my 228 really caught me off guard. I flinched like a real n00b. The guns are so similar it was sort of like drinking a beer and then mistakingly picking up a different glass with water in it. You're expecting beer but when the water hits your tongue you think you drank acid

BTW Gemtech makes a threaded barrel if you ever feel like you need one later down the road.

Now that I'm happy as a pig in shit with this gun, I'll spring for the extra mags and fobus holster.
Thanks all for the thoughts/input-
I usually start at a range with a .22 for a couple hundred "practice" rounds as well.......switching to the 9mm ALWAYS seems to make me a bit flinchy for the first 5 round or so.

If I switch back to the little .22 after, It's sooooooo mild it makes me chukle.

The mosquito is no "target" gun, but it does shoot quickly well, and replicates the size/feel of a bigger cal pistol (the real reason I lusted after one quickly after I held it).

Mine "hated" the blazer ammo, seemed to not cycle the slide well, though I tried it early on (may have broken in some now). I do think cleaning any semi auto .22 is key to good function, and wouldn't run the blazer (or other cheaper bulk) for very long. The CCI stuff I get for about $6 per hundred around here, most cheap 9mm will cost $10 for 50. Simply lots more trigger time/muscle memory/range time with the little .22
Old 01-20-2011, 09:09 PM   #663
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I've had really good luck with Blazer in my 22/45, no malfunctions yet. What is it about the Mosquito that makes it so finicky? Somebody told me that the manual actually specs Mini Mags. I liked the look and the price isn't bad but it looks like my ammo concerns bear out. Really sharp little gun though and fit my hand great, much nicer than the Walther. Why can't they make like a 15 round mag for the Sig?
I can run the blazer stuff in my wife's ruger mark III with no problem, other than it gets gunky quick (and it is by far the worst to clean/take down of ANY gun I've owned)...I think it's because just the bolt cycles on the ruger, the mosquito has to cycle the whole slide to reload (it's a lot to ask of a small cal., the Walther has similar issues with ammo.)

I also hated the Walther fit in my hand, too little. The shop let me shoot one to help my choice, and it was over quick .
Old 01-21-2011, 04:45 AM   #664
BimotaBoy
Scooter Trash!

Oddometer: 293
When ever I store my misquito I leave the slide locked back. The older the gun gets the more it likes regular ammo.

Ducati HYM 796
Yamaha YSR (KX) 65
BimotaBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:13 AM   #665
nomiles
Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer: 3,985
*Bump* so I can find this thread.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #666
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 983
Heads up for Neos owners.

Seems like they might go bang when you don't want them to...
http://www.berettasupport.com/neos/
Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #667
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiles View Post
*Bump* so I can find this thread.
Good bump timing. I'm searching all over for a deal on a 10/22. Of course, I somehow keep finding deals on Ar15's and 10's instead.

I just have to stay focused.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #668
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Good bump timing. I'm searching all over for a deal on a 10/22. Of course, I somehow keep finding deals on Ar15's and 10's instead.

I just have to stay focused.
Aren't 10/22's plentiful, new or used? Maybe you have very specific model in mind?

I would like one in SS, on a proper walnut stock, with 18.5 or 20 inch barrel.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #669
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,100
10/22's are fun.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #670
wagonpilot
Freeeeze

Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceputnam View Post
Smith and Wesson M&P15-22
Gemtech Outback II Supressor
EoTech

Hollywood quiet...

I have nearly the same exact gun. I have the SWR Spectre, and a Rock River national match trigger in it. I have not had one second of buyers remorse for anything involved with this rifle. It is the first one that comes out of the safe every single time. It has thousands of rounds through it and eats all the different types of ammo I have fed it with no issues what so ever.
It is without a doubt my favorite gun ever. And I have many.
wagonpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:19 PM   #671
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
10/22's are fun.

Where's your Trimag, son?

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #672
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
Where's your Trimag, son?

That pic was from when I first got it before I bought those from you. They do work great. I've also added a Holographic sight and another sling stud to the grip and sling. We are getting some new snow right now so I plan on taking it bunny busting in the morning
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
Old 02-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #673
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDEBT View Post
That pic was from when I first got it before I bought those from you. They do work great. I've also added a Holographic sight and another sling stud to the grip and sling. We are getting some new snow right now so I plan on taking it bunny busting in the morning
How do you like that Holo sight, a buddy of mine is looking at them for his AR.

Every time I see one of those dang Chargers, I get a want-tingle. Must.....resist.......

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #674
NDEBT
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
How do you like that Holo sight, a buddy of mine is looking at them for his AR.

Every time I see one of those dang Chargers, I get a want-tingle. Must.....resist.......

I like it a lot better than the standard red dot I had on in the pic. It is really fast to get on target wich is great for hunting the only downside is on very sunny days it is a little dim.

The cool thing about the charger that most don't realize when just looking at it is you can hold it up to you're cheek like a rifle when hunting. That is how I use it most with the bipod removed. Plus it kind of makes you feal like Mad Max with it slung on you're back riding you're bike
Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #675
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
I only have one .22 now. A older Marlin model 60ss which is a stainless rifle length, tube fed dealio. ACCURATE! BTW this is the best selling, most popular .22 of all time. This one has a walnut stock with a Squirrel carved into it and shoot great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: