Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 90 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #706
Denis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
No fun!

Well I got less that 75 rounds through the gun and it broke. I shot the CCI Mini-Mag 22LR copper plated round nose bullets. The hammer pivot pin (part # 44) worked loose and the bolt wouldn't return completely and chamber a round properly.

My gun is the target model, on the models with the removable grips this couldn't/wouldn't happen as this part is covered by the grip.

So its off to the gun shop tomorrow and have them or Ruger check it out.

Denis
Old 02-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #707
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
With the conversion kits, don't you get to take advantage of stuff like trigger mods that you've made to your 1911?
True, but only mods to the lower. The conversions all replace the upper slide so any sight mods would be different.

And if the need for the feel of the trigger is so important wouldn't dry firing be just as effective?

Anyway, my original question remains. Does anyone have experience with this firearm? If someone thinks the conversions are better that great, I just curious about this firearm.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #708
nigelcorn
Wannabe.

Oddometer: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post

So its off to the gun shop tomorrow and have them or Ruger check it out.

Denis
Dude, they aren't that hard to fix on your own. If the only problem is just that the pin worked its way out, google how to take apart a 22/45 and you will find a pictorial walk through that will let you do it on your own in about 20 minutes.
nigelcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 03:15 PM   #709
Denis
Studly Adventurer

Saw Ruger's video on disassembly and re-assembly. They didn't get into the pins and only made reference that they should all be intact. It's a new gun so I'll let the gun smiths look at it. I have little to no experience, although I'm sure I could get it back to where it belongs. The problem is why did it come loose to begin with?

Denis
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #710
Achtung
Wicked Pisssah Adventurer

Oddometer: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis View Post
Saw Ruger's video on disassembly and re-assembly. They didn't get into the pins and only made reference that they should all be intact. It's a new gun so I'll let the gun smiths look at it. I have little to no experience, although I'm sure I could get it back to where it belongs. The problem is why did it come loose to begin with?

Denis
This must be a fluke. I have a Mark one thats 43 years old and works great. I have only ever heard good things about these guns, and Ruger is notorious for their customer service, they will definitely make this right.
Achtung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #711
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 6,067
The new Ruger MK III pistols now are more complicated inside with all the new junk in them. I wouldn't own one myself.

Have a MK II that I bought new almost 20 years ago, and I love it.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #712
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 2,029
I own a couple 22/45's and have had nothing but precision tack driver operation. Turning one into a custom soon with a Tac Sol barrel and VQ trigger. I like them better than the Browning Buckmark. My only complaint is the narrow grip, solved with 1911 style inserts. Good luck.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #713
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
I love my 22 rim fires but I have doing the 17 Mach 2 Conversions and the round hits so much harder than the 22 LR. Easy conversion for the 10/22 receivers!
jrozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #714
jeep44
junk collector

Oddometer: 1,993
I picked up another Mossberg 152 Saturday. This one was the 'early' model, made between '47-'55, because it has a wooden forend on the stock. The one at top is the later version, with the plastic forend, made '55-'57. These forends folded down to make a sort of vertical grip or rest. The scopes are Mossberg scopes that are correct for this model. Mossberg came out with this model to cash in on the postwar popularity of the M1 Carbine. They are only barely visible, but they came with a military-style web sling,too.

jeep44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #715
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
The new Ruger MK III pistols now are more complicated inside with all the new junk in them. I wouldn't own one myself.

Have a MK II that I bought new almost 20 years ago, and I love it.
It ain't that bigga deal... Just the loaded chamber indicator and the magazine disconnect from what I can tell. I could live without either and it might even shoot nicer without that disconnect but I don't think they make it a worse gun.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:10 PM   #716
Denis
Studly Adventurer

The gun shop fixed it. I did find the field strip and the complete breakdown of the gun online. I feel confident of the field strip, removal of barrel for cleaning. The other stuff, I'll have to study more

Denis
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #717
Medicine Creek

Oddometer: 9,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrozar View Post
I love my 22 rim fires but I have doing the 17 Mach 2 Conversions and the round hits so much harder than the 22 LR. Easy conversion for the 10/22 receivers!
is it just a barrel and charge handle change? i wanna do one...how much is it gonna cost me?
Medicine Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #718
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep44 View Post
I picked up another Mossberg 152 Saturday.
Jeebus! How many .22's do you own?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:27 PM   #719
jeep44
junk collector

Oddometer: 1,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustySpokes View Post
Jeebus! How many .22's do you own?
Not enough yet.
jeep44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #720
RustySpokes