Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 58 votes, 4.91 average. Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #991
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 38,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercreep View Post
i have both (actually a mark 2) and i think the buckmark is a much nicer pistol.

- nicer trigger
- better sights (but my mark 2 sights are fixed, the buckmarks are adjustable)
- nicer construction (machined aluminum frame vs. stamped steel)
- easier to dissemble (though the ruger is not difficult)

i have two barrel / upper assembly's for the mark 2, a 4" & a 6" tapered barrel. easy enough to change out, but i never do because i always shoot the buckmark.

vs.

or

have fun!

Eric,

Do you have any problems with the screw backing out on the Buckmark?-- I believe the front screw of the two that hold on site and pistol together.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #992
supercreep

Oddometer: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Eric,

Do you have any problems with the screw backing out on the Buckmark?-- I believe the front screw of the two that hold on site and pistol together.

hi eric

no, no problems like that (well, no problems of any kind actually). if that is your primary concern i wouldn't be worried - there are many different methods to thread-lock hardware if that problem ever may ever arise. i bought the buckmark in "almost new" condition and i have put at least 3,000 rounds through it without issue. it almost makes me look like a good shot!

they are both great pistols but i see many more used rugers for sale than i do used buckmarks (anecdotal, i know).
supercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #993
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
hi eric

no, no problems like that (well, no problems of any kind actually). if that is your primary concern i wouldn't be worried - there are many different methods to thread-lock hardware if that problem ever may ever arise. i bought the buckmark in "almost new" condition and i have put at least 3,000 rounds through it without issue. it almost makes me look like a good shot!

they are both great pistols but i see many more used rugers for sale than i do used buckmarks (anecdotal, i know).

Nod, really that is my only concern. Have only seen it in that one link I posted--but I haven't been "researching" buckmarks either. I do really like the Buckmarks handling over the Ruger. The 22-45 Ruger always felt not right either.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #994
06klrist
Banned

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I Just got my all stainless Marlin Model 60 back last week. Now I need to go shoot it. I always forget how shooting .22s are so much fun.
You also seem to be forgetting how much you HATE stainless guns
06klrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #995
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I Just got my all stainless Marlin Model 60 back last week. Now I need to go shoot it. I always forget how shooting .22s are so much fun.
Bought mine (blue version) somewhere in the early 90's, tube mag, NIB for somewhere in the $90 range-- we were visiting my grandfather in a very rural Utah area, and wanted to shoot. The local hardware store suggested the Marlin. Turned out to be a great day at the local dump
Have at least 10K rounds through it. Very accurate for a semi auto out to 50 yrds. Doesn't like cheap dirty ammo, but who does.

Easily the best $100 gun related bucks I've ever spent.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:07 PM   #996
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal View Post
Bought mine (blue version) somewhere in the early 90's, tube mag, NIB for somewhere in the $90 range-- we were visiting my grandfather in a very rural Utah area, and wanted to shoot. The local hardware store suggested the Marlin. Turned out to be a great day at the local dump
Have at least 10K rounds through it. Very accurate for a semi auto out to 50 yrds. Doesn't like cheap dirty ammo, but who does.

Easily the best $100 gun related bucks I've ever spent.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:39 PM   #997
milq
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Nod, really that is my only concern. Have only seen it in that one link I posted--but I haven't been "researching" buckmarks either. I do really like the Buckmarks handling over the Ruger. The 22-45 Ruger always felt not right either.
The new one with replaceable grip panels is better than the original 22-45 but still feels a bit thin in the web of my hand. It comes with the "thin" 1911 grips but I tossed a set of cheap rubber ones on mine and it makes me mo happy.

I also think the rear sight sucks. The common cure seems to be a sight blade from a single six (shallow V) but I added fiber sights to mine. Think I'm going to try the shallow V though, the fiber sights are so tall the front snags on stuff.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:36 AM   #998
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 5,957
Quote:
i have both (actually a mark 2) and i think the buckmark is a much nicer pistol.

- nicer trigger
- better sights (but my mark 2 sights are fixed, the buckmarks are adjustable)
- nicer construction (machined aluminum frame vs. stamped steel)
- easier to dissemble (though the ruger is not difficult)

i have two barrel / upper assembly's for the mark 2, a 4" & a 6" tapered barrel. easy enough to change out, but i never do because i always shoot the buckmark.

vs.

have fun!
I have these two exact pistols. Bought the Mark II new about 20 years ago. Bought the Buckmark about a year ago. I almost never shoot the Ruger anymore. Not that it's bad, but I just love the Browning. I put a red dot scope on the Buckmark recently, and off a rest I put 5 shots into one ragged hole at 25 yards. Sucker shoots.

The Buckmark is a bridge between the very utilitarian MK II and the more exotic....

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #999
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal View Post
I have these two exact pistols. Bought the Mark II new about 20 years ago. Bought the Buckmark about a year ago. I almost never shoot the Ruger anymore. Not that it's bad, but I just love the Browning. I put a red dot scope on the Buckmark recently, and off a rest I put 5 shots into one ragged hole at 25 yards. Sucker shoots.

The Buckmark is a bridge between the very utilitarian MK II and the more exotic....

Would love the HS. Had a friend that had one. It completed me.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #1000
Lafitte
on the lake

Oddometer: 437
revamp

this thread has fallen asleep.......

Question:
I love this Henry lever action. With subsonic ammo it shoots spot on at 50 yards.
Would like to get the Henry pump action.
Anybody have one ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafitte View Post
The top rifle is a Henry ,H001 w/ Leupold 4X
The bottom is a Winchester Model 55

Old 05-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #1001
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Last time I was out at the range and gave her a go with the Mk III again.

I put my Can-shaped spinner targets out at 50 yards thinking we'd never hit 'em.

The can targets are about 3" by 5"... Offhand, I swear she hit one 4 or 5 out of 10 ten times on one mag. Best I did was maybe 3 out of 10. Both her and that little pistol can shoot!

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:33 PM   #1002
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,584
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post

I put my Can-shaped spinner targets out at 50 yards thinking we'd never hit 'em.

The can targets are about 3" by 5"... Offhand, I swear she hit one 4 or 5 out of 10 ten times on one mag. Best I did was maybe 3 out of 10. Both her and that little pistol can shoot!
I was shocked at how accurate my uncle's MkII was at range. We were using high velocity rounds and hitting a 12" by 40" steel post at 125yd without raising the sights much. (I only hit it twice in 10 rnds standing offhand, but a buddy dinged it 4 times.) Cheap fun!
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #1003
RED CAT
Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer: 2,739
New Ruger Mark 3!

Put a Red Dot on it and can't believe how accurate it is. Did the LCI filler and Clark bushing. Now its a Mark 2 with the mag release in the right place. It swallows all ammo without any hang ups unlike my 10 22 which seems to be ammo sensitive.
RED CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #1004
richard cabesa
The Mayor

Oddometer: 9,121
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post

When takilya cabesa goes with me to the range, we'll shoot a few hundred rounds with whatever combination of guns we take. Then put up some fresh targets, throw 20 rounds at them and score them to see who buys lunch. If we both use the Mk III, I'll usually beat her by just a little bit and she buys.

This weekend, I shot the new Springfield and she stuck to the Ruger.

I bought lunch
Old 05-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #1005
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard cabesa View Post

When takilya cabesa goes with me to the range, we'll shoot a few hundred rounds with whatever combination of guns we take. Then put up some fresh targets, throw 20 rounds at them and score them to see who buys lunch. If we both use the Mk III, I'll usually beat her by just a little bit and she buys.

This weekend, I shot the new Springfield and she stuck to the Ruger.

I bought lunch
Yeah I don't want to play that game as I think I'd be buying more lunches than I want to admit...

Besides funding, this has been a big reason that I haven't really been looking for a centerfire pistol. I kinda like doing tricky target shooting for fun instead of just blasting a man-shaped piece of cardboard 10 yards away. The 22/45 is cheap to shoot, reliable, and holy shit if it isn't accurate. I think getting anything short of a 6" GP100 is just going to disappoint me, accuracy wise.

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: