jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #1022
beyondhelp
likes cheese too.

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
Here's one for Jeep44.

Sure looks alot like the stevens I just dusted off... Mine's a model 56. just need to pick up some sights for it. A previous owner removed the sights and nailed scope mounts to the stock. I'm hoping to finish up a couple of firearm projects and hit the range soon. It has been forever.

I also picked up a 22 pistol from a friend who wanted nothing to do with it. New, never fired still covered in cosmolene Jennings 22. Probably worth more loaded with ammo then not according to my friend. I'm curious to see if it is really junk after all.

Looks like this:

Old 05-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #1023
pilot
Slackin' again

Oddometer: 30,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep44 View Post
Stevens?
No.

The other 10% are sociopaths , serial killers and KLR riders. You wont get much sympathy from them.
-Furious D
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #1024
ShadyRascal
Master of None

Oddometer: 5,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
Oh snap, did you guys see this?

http://shopruger.com/10_22-BX-25-MAG...uctinfo/90361/

Is this gonna put Butler Creek out of business?

Holy shit, will take a definite bite, depending on the cost.........Butler Creeks are notorious for not feeding, and a Ruger factory piece will probably work reliably enough to justify some increased cost.

My Tri Mags that use factory Ruger magazines might take a hit too, however they still offer 30 round capacity without hanging way down under the rifle.

Evolution, or, natural selection, has nothing to do with better.

It merely weeds out what is no longer suitable for the given context.

Originally Posted by Dragoon

I would rather be on my motorcycle thinking about God than in church thinking about my motorcycle.
ShadyRascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #1025
jeep44
junk collector

Oddometer: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
No.
Well, you got me,then. I don't have anything like it.
jeep44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #1026
pilot
Slackin' again

Oddometer: 30,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep44 View Post
Well, you got me,then. I don't have anything like it.
I'll take a couple more pics for you.

Not having any luck with the pics, need better light.

I'll skip the guessing game. Its a ZKM 468 made in Czechoslovakia.

The other 10% are sociopaths , serial killers and KLR riders. You wont get much sympathy from them.
-Furious D

pilot screwed with this post 05-30-2011 at 07:00 PM
pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:20 AM   #1027
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 798
was wandering along the beach at arromanche beer in hand looking at the mulberry harbour in normandy on friday and just happened to kick an old spent cartridge out of the sand. def a rimfire but big, about the size of a .38special round. couldnt read the stamp on the bottom.
wasnt old enough to be a d-day find, but i didnt knowrimfires came that big? very thin cartridge wall like a .22
Old 06-04-2011, 08:53 PM   #1028
WI-rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by davsato View Post
was wandering along the beach at arromanche beer in hand looking at the mulberry harbour in normandy on friday and just happened to kick an old spent cartridge out of the sand. def a rimfire but big, about the size of a .38special round. couldnt read the stamp on the bottom.
wasnt old enough to be a d-day find, but i didnt knowrimfires came that big? very thin cartridge wall like a .22
It could have been a .38 rimfire, they made guns chambered for that... about a 100 years or so ago. I know they also made .32 rimfire and .44 rimfire and likely lots more than those. I think thats real old stuff though and they went to primers in the cases pretty early in the game.
WI-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #1029
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI-rider View Post
It could have been a .38 rimfire, they made guns chambered for that... about a 100 years or so ago. I know they also made .32 rimfire and .44 rimfire and likely lots more than those. I think thats real old stuff though and they went to primers in the cases pretty early in the game.
I believe that the original old Remington double-barrel derringers were chambered in a 41 rimfire cartridge. As has been mentioned, there used to be quite a few different larger bore rimfire cartridges around, but I'm not sure any are being produced these days which are larger than the .22s.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #1030
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,049
Just because I haven't seen one of them here.....Grandpa's old Cooey 60, Made in Canada before they were bought out by Winchester.Shoots as well now as it did out of the box 50+ years ago.

A little more Canadian content for this interesting thread.....!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #1031
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI-rider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I believe that the original old Remington double-barrel derringers were chambered in a 41 rimfire cartridge. As has been mentioned, there used to be quite a few different larger bore rimfire cartridges around, but I'm not sure any are being produced these days which are larger than the .22s.
no it was definately newer than that, dont forget it was buried in a gravel beach theres no way it wouldve been there more than........ ive no idea, but certainly not a century. have there been many rimfire shotshells? perhaps not a bullet round at all? wish i'd kept it or at least taken a pic now

davsato screwed with this post 06-06-2011 at 02:30 PM
davsato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #1032
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,494
>" no it was definately newer than that, dont forget it was buried in a gravel beach "

Can you post a couple photos ?
TwilightZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #1033
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by davsato View Post
no it was definately newer than that, dont forget it was buried in a gravel beach theres no way it wouldve been there more than........ ive no idea, but certainly not a century. have there been many rimfire shotshells? perhaps not a bullet round at all? wish i'd kept it or at least taken a pick now
I have some 50 year-old ammo that I shoot from time-to-time. Just sayin'......because a round is no longer in production doesn't necessarily mean that nobody is shooting the stuff, some people tend to stockpile ammo.

Interesting find.

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #1034
Rusty Rocket
Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Just because I haven't seen one of them here.....Grandpa's old Cooey 60, Made in Canada before they were bought out by Winchester.Shoots as well now as it did out of the box 50+ years ago.

I prefer a tube magazine on my .22's.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:38 PM   #1035
davsato
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
I have some 50 year-old ammo that I shoot from time-to-time. Just sayin'......because a round is no longer in production doesn't necessarily mean that nobody is shooting the stuff, some people tend to stockpile ammo.

Interesting find.
no, not really. i cant post pictures on here but i found what it was, it was a 9mm shotshell for a 'garden gun'. not common any more but not what you would call rare either. you can still buy the ammo here. what it was doing on a busy tourist attraction beach i dont know, but it couldve been put there the day before.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: