Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #2056
kerhonky
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddingGeezer
Mr Goldwing says, "When you get through taking our picture, I'm going to take a picture of my buddies kicking your ass."

Did he think he was being funny? I'm at a total loss as to why anyone would make a joke like that. Pandering to his Harley buds? Making fun of the fact that you ride an ST? I'm stupefied.

If you think I won't understand it just because you have to explain it to me, maybe it was bullshit to begin with.
kerhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 AM   #2057
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,515
Stupid questions people ask you when stopped

Well, officially, this might be a thread hijacking but it’s a great tale:

Several years ago, I was along the south rim of the Grand Canyon while touring on my Harley. A very elderly lady left her husband’s side and approached saying, “That sure is a nice bike, sonny.” I replied, “Thank you on both counts; for the compliment on the bike and nobody has called me “Sonny” in a long time.” This thoroughly charming lady told me that in 1938, she purchased a ’37 Harley and rode it from NY to CA adding, “There weren’t many paved roads out here back then.” I listened to her engaging story while her husband waited patiently. When she finished, I asked, “Why don’t you jump on the back of this Harley and ride with me to the next overlook? Allow me to put a little wind in your hair again and your husband can follow us.” With a twinkle in her eye she said, “Sonny, I don’t think I can get my legs that far apart anymore.”

One of life’s precious moments!

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #2058
fancyindigo
schmancy...fancy

Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegc
Well, officially, this might be a thread hijacking but it’s a great tale:

Several years ago, I was along the south rim of the Grand Canyon while touring on my Harley. A very elderly lady left her husband’s side and approached saying, “That sure is a nice bike, sonny.” I replied, “Thank you on both counts; for the compliment on the bike and nobody has called me “Sonny” in a long time.” This thoroughly charming lady told me that in 1938, she purchased a ’37 Harley and rode it from NY to CA adding, “There weren’t many paved roads out here back then.” I listened to her engaging story while her husband waited patiently. When she finished, I asked, “Why don’t you jump on the back of this Harley and ride with me to the next overlook? Allow me to put a little wind in your hair again and your husband can follow us.” With a twinkle in her eye she said, “Sonny, I don’t think I can get my legs that far apart anymore.”

One of life’s precious moments!

Mike
Absolutely fabulous story! Thank you so much for sharing it! Those moments are ones we take with us forever...and I have an enormous soft spot in my heart for spunky elderly women - my great grandmother was just like that, and is one of my heroes!
fancyindigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #2059
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Gail
Nope, wrong idea, for as amusing as it would be.

You keep the camera as a melee weapon.The flash grants a surprise attack.
OKkkkkk...too much video games for you...
Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #2060
Oilybimmer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddingGeezer
Mr Goldwing says, "When you get through taking our picture, I'm going to take a picture of my buddies kicking your ass." .
I think I would have accidentally dropped his camera, asshat

Stewart
Old 08-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #2061
Mike.Gail
Intentionally Blank

Oddometer: 2,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtDuster
OKkkkkk...too much video games for you...
Actually when I made that post I'd just gotten done with a 2nd Ed D&D game.

"Injuries are the price we pay for not having sat around on our asses!" - Steve in ATL
Mike.Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:19 PM   #2062
DeadRun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
I ride my bike everywhere I go, I don't own a car. Why bother? They're too damn expensive and I already have something that gets me around.

Anyway, I walked into a local resturaunt one day and this little kid (maybe 5ish) with a hot mom says, "Mommy look! It's the motorcycle man!" Hahaha! That was kinda cool. I laughed and waved to the kid and, for the record, proceded to get no play from mommy.

Aside from that, it's a little anoying when every kid in town is signaling me to do a wheelie, get myself killed, and arrested. It's hard enough to dodge tickets and trafic as it is. God forbid a good looking girl ever tell me to...
DeadRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #2063
Vertical C
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,988
I got asked when I was in the USA, "Are you just learning english?" as they couldn't understand my accent. I just laughed and replied "Nah mate I'm Strailyan"
Vertical C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #2064
Signal
Cynical Idealist

Oddometer: 8,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by (none)
Had a fun one Saturday. Wasn't a stupid question by any means, but i figured there was no better place to post this.

I've had the GS for about a month and a half now. Never had a bike so many people like and want to talk about. It has really surprised me about the ugly pig. Even had a guy on a road bicycle stop along side me at a stop light to look it over and talk for a few seconds. Don't get that with an FZ6.

On to Saturday. A new Dunkin' Donuts opened down the road, so i did my GS riding duties and rode down to pick up some breakfast. Arrive, park, get my box just as they are getting packed. As i get to the bike, i see a Harley making his way into the parking lot. No gear whatsoever. I look for a minute, but i'm terrible at telling the difference between their models. It was black, big and had bags. I get my helmet on, hop on the seat, turn the key when i hear. "What have you got here, a dirt bike?"
i just lol, "not quite" Harley guy is right beside me and i'm just waiting for it...
He starts in "Once i get rid of my Harley, THIS is what i want"
I was floored. Hopped off the bike, took off my helmet, told him to take a seat. We talked for a bit. he owned a Triumph, test rode a BMW before (didn't remember which model), got the Harley so his wife could ride with him. Around here BMWs are pretty rare, GSs aren't seen, so it was nice to talk to him for a few minutes. Much different than the regular "when are you gonna get a REAL bike" talk you hear about here.
Excellent
Signal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #2065
FloorPoor
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 710
I got one today, while not stupid, I had a stupid answer. A hot 19something year old girl in a bikini top and booty shorts asked "can I have a ride?"
Now, I didn't think that faded, beat up looking, dried mud covered, farkled up KLR's were what the girls though were sexy these days, so it must have been my thirtysomething, balding, slightly pudgy physique that got her exited. Come to think of it, with the AFX helmet, EVS ballistic jersey, and muddy MX boots, maybe I looked like a super hero. Plus she couldn't see the thinning hair under the helmet! Another reason for AGATT.

Anyway, even though every bit of testosterone left in my body wanted to say "you can have any kind of ride you like!", I just said "I don't think my wife would like that"
FloorPoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #2066
flick
Man on a mission.

Oddometer: 336
One of the local bikini coffee shop girls kept asking if she could have a ride. I normally ride with only a solo seat on the bike, I couldn't remember what i did with the double seat. This kept going till the day I found the seat. She smiled and saying that her boyfriend keeps talking about getting a bike and she wants to know if she will like riding before she lets him get one.

Way to kill the mood

"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!" Apocalypse Now
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #2067
DeadRun
Adventurer

Hahahaha! Floor Poor, and Flick... tragiclly awesome posts! That sucks!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:58 AM   #2068
SepticSkeptic
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by flick
She smiled and saying that her boyfriend keeps talking about getting a bike and she wants to know if she will like riding before she lets him get one.

Funny how a girl can go from smoking hot to kill it with fire in one syllable.
SepticSkeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #2069
DeadRun
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SepticSkeptic

You either get lots of hot tang, or none hahaha! I personally would bite that bullet for some... at least for a couple weeks. Luckily I already have my bike haha!

1995 Honda XR600R - Will probably ride me to death.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #2070
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by SepticSkeptic

Spot on! As much as I'd like to take her for a nice thrilling ride, the only thing it would likely do is get her bf laid.
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote