User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 11:26 AM   #196
Yogi Kuddha
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Are you a fireman?
I've never heard this, even though I wear a red Kilimanjaro. But when have firefighters ever worn red uniforms, jackets, T-shirts, turnout gear or anything red whatsoever?

Spare change?
Me: You want a beer?
Bum: No man, I just need money for the bus, honest...
Me: That's too bad, because all I have is beer.
Bum: I'll take a beer!
Me: (reach back into a Jessebox and hand him a can of PBR.)

You ride a motorcycle? (Amazing how often I hear this walking to or from my bike)
No, this stuff protects me from hyenas.

(From other motorcyclists) Watch out for the other guy!
Actually, of all the motorcycle fatalities I've been on, (I'm a firefighter) only one was not totally the rider's fault.

Harley bullshit:
If they hired more engineers than fashion designers, they might build a decent motorcycle.

mpg, how fast, what's that, etc.
They're just being curious. What's wrong with politely answer their questions?

The stupidest ever:
Are you guys like a gang? Thanks for not beating me up!
The night is still young.

Yogi Kuddha screwed with this post 04-28-2009 at 11:52 AM
Yogi Kuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #197
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebenshikov
True at one time, but not so much anymore... Audi drivers are taking over.
And I think that is because most of the audi drivers are younger more agressive drivers. I love riding the KTM because it seems the orange (same color road crews wear here in NY) moving so quickly seems to make other drivers freeze like deer in headlights.
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #198
ghostdncr
Burnin' daylight...

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi Kuddha
You ride a motorcycle? (Amazing how often I hear this walking to or from my bike)
No, this stuff protects me from hyenas.
Thanks, man. I just spit most of a mouthful of Coke all over my keyboard!
ghostdncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #199
Anger
Intimidation

Oddometer: 59
I friend @ work was checking out my SV650.
I say "It's a V-twin"
He says "It's got two motors?"
Anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #200
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 7,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreiter
hmmm, I'm a BMW rider and have always found that BMW drivers are the biggest jerks on the road--no regard at all for other drivers, much less bikers, always ready to cut you off or pull out right in front of you. I can't really call them "fun and nuts", just
I wouldn't argue the point, but the actual owners' group is a lot less yuppie and a lot more yippee the way it sounds from my brother - an attorney who hates attorneys and teaches driving schools for BMW, Mercedes, and whoever else will let him on the track.

And can you actually tell me most BMW riders aren't a bit anal about their bikes? Not spit and polish, but farkles and such? And preach the way of BMWism as the superior motorcycle "religion"? C'mon now, be honest!

I also missed where anyone mentioned fun in association with a gathering of BMW riders, but I don't doubt there is some. Apparently not like the car guys though.

As for BMW stories, they're only rivaled by Harley and Gold Wing stories... the three groups who act like the three Muslim sects in reaction and relation to each other!

Obviously most of this is clearly stereotyping, but y'all know there's some truth in it. After all, who in the hell would recommend an $8000+ motorcycle for someone to buy to see if they'd enjoy riding?

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550

markk53 screwed with this post 04-28-2009 at 03:04 PM
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #201
Wreckster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Wink

sorry to drive further off topic, but I suppose I should own up to myself being a good deal tongue in cheek, I usually am.

First event, Guy had a BMW RT1200. I didn't know much about them at the time so asked how he liked it. I got a "just fine" and he walked off. Doubt he was in a rush, it was a rally.

Second, I was at Hunter Mountain. I can't say I tried to talk to any BMW owners, but I kept getting this look from the guys I knew rode in on BMW's. I did talk to the BMW dealership running an event and a few guys that very likely could have had Beemers, they were a great bunch of folk.

Harley riders on the other hand.. lots of times it seems a ploy to have me trade my bike in for a sportster.

Really, I hold nothing against anyone on any bike. I try to enjoy this hobby with anyone who is of the same interest.

Back on topic! I got the "doesn't it get a bit steamy in those?" from a gal at work. - nah, I can handle the heat.
Wreckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #202
Human Ills
Useful Idiom

Oddometer: 21,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anger
I friend @ work was checking out my SV650.
I say "It's a V-twin"
He says "It's got two motors?"
Just one, the starter motor.
Human Ills is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #203
motoreiter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk53
And can you actually tell me most BMW riders aren't a bit anal about their bikes? Not spit and polish, but farkles and such? And preach the way of BMWism as the superior motorcycle "religion"? C'mon now, be honest!

I also missed where anyone mentioned fun in association with a gathering of BMW riders, but I don't doubt there is some. Apparently not like the car guys though.
Uh, no comment...
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #204
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,490
Quote:
I also missed where anyone mentioned fun in association with a gathering of BMW riders, but I don't doubt there is some.
Snow Camp, Mt Rainier every January. MLK weekend. Off the hook in the crazy department.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:20 AM   #205
markk53
jack of all trades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoreiter
Uh, no comment...
\

Oh, now I just noticed... Russia!

I gotta pay better attention... I kinda think BMW riders aren't quite the same world wide... I dunno though.

Mark - klx678
Old 04-29-2009, 05:22 AM   #206
markk53
jack of all trades...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
Snow Camp, Mt Rainier every January. MLK weekend. Off the hook in the crazy department.
Like dancing naked in the snow crazy?...

Okay, you guys win. There are some wild and crazy BMW motorcyclists...

Mark - klx678
Old 04-29-2009, 05:28 AM   #207
Deanowade
Chronic Dumbass

Oddometer: 116
Not really stupid, per se, but I have had more than one stop-light admirer ask me how much my bike cost. That seems a little rude to me. I guess I should have replied “Your wife has nice tits; how much did they set you back”.
Deanowade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 AM   #208
Scotty J
Obedient Consumer

Oddometer: 272
Punk 15-year-old smokin' a butt in front of a c-store with his girlfriend who was a full head taller than him:

"Do a wheelie."

"No."

Faceshield down, engine started, perfectly tame exit. I turn 37 this year but I don't feel it until I get irritated by idiot teenagers. Jesus... Thirty-seven? Really?
Old 04-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #209
flak
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by grebenshikov
Punk 15-year-old smokin' a butt in front of a c-store with his girlfriend who was a full head taller than him:

"Do a wheelie."

"No."

Faceshield down, engine started, perfectly tame exit. I turn 37 this year but I don't feel it until I get irritated by idiot teenagers. Jesus... Thirty-seven? Really?
hah this is exactly where I am, just turned - and the convenience store hooligans are irritating sometimes - that's exactly the kind of kids I posted about back on page 1...CAN I RIDE IT?!

over the weekend, I had a bmx gang of lil rascals descend upon me as I was getting my bags and gear sorted - they actually made me laugh though, this one really small kid was all serious "so you been hittin any sweet backflips on that thing?" - oh yeah, xrl's and backflips go together like kibbles and bits kid then he asked if he could show me how to rip on that bike, so I had to point out the fact he can't touch the ground - he was like, pfft you don't ever need to put feet down on a bike - guess he didn't plan on stopping or riding offroad...EVER
flak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #210
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,490
Quote:
Like dancing naked in the snow crazy?...
Close, more like having a well respected Judge totally lit from slamming whiskey, yelling out at 2am to all who would listen: “GET OUT THE VIDEO CAMERA, I’M GONNA RIDE ACROSS THAT RIVER.” followed by: “What happens here stays here right?” It took an off duty LEO tripping on mushrooms to talk him out of it.