User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #3076
2manyrides
shifty charactor

Oddometer: 1,583
at the store

A guy comes up and says how do you like your BSA.
Another sincere attempt to strike a friendly conversation. But it's a Yamaha I told him.

And when they ask what I'm riding and I say BSA, they sport a troubled look. That's when I ask them a stupid question that I already know the answer to...

Do you even know what a BSA is?

But I fooled the one guy...ha ha

in this case he couldn't see the forest for the trees!

and here's my channel...
http://www.youtube.com/user/2manyrides?feature=mhsn#p/u
2manyrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM   #3077
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
Yes, why? Inquiring minds want to know the whole story on that one.
Im curious as well
Old 04-21-2011, 02:49 AM   #3078
Wheedle
I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer: 3,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck rider View Post
This line of questioning was accually asked of me by a laywer at a recent deposition.
Laywer: Do you ride motorcycles?
Me: yes.
Laywer: Across your drivway, onto the street?
Laywer: Is your bike street legal?
Laywer: Is it registered, and currently insured?
Laywer: Is your motorcycle inspected in this state?
Laywer: Do you have your motorcycle licence?
Laywer, in an irriated tone: So, let me see if I understand you here. You think that because you have your licence, and your motorcycle is registered, insured, and inspected in MA, you think have the right to operate it on MA public roads!?!
Me: Well, um, YES, I DO!

OK... we gotta have the backstory here...

Life is short, Enjoy the ride!
- Todd Phillips
Ride in peace brother.....
Wheedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:26 AM   #3079
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck rider View Post
While not asked while I was on my bike, this was about my bikes (an 01 WR426, and an '07 Triumph Speed Triple). I think it's close enough.

This line of questioning was accually asked of me by a laywer at a recent deposition.

Laywer: Do you ride motorcycles?

Laywer: Across your drivway, onto the street?

Laywer: Is your bike street legal?

Laywer: Is it registered, and currently insured?

Laywer: Is your motorcycle inspected in this state?

Laywer: Do you have your motorcycle licence?

Laywer, in an irriated tone: So, let me see if I understand you here. You think that because you have your licence, and your motorcycle is registered, insured, and inspected in MA, you think have the right to operate it on MA public roads!?!

Me: Well, um, YES, I DO!
I'm with the rest... Spill it.
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:36 AM   #3080
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
I'm with the rest... Spill it.
+1

I'll join that pile-on.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #3081
MiamiMotorcyclist
used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan View Post
I'm disabled and have a handicapped placard on my windshield. Came out of a grocery store, limping along with my cane and a couple were standing by my bike ( parked in a handicapped stall) scowling.

Whenn I got to it, "Mr." loudly proclaimed that I couldn't park there...it was for handicapped people ( Duh....). I pointed to the sticker, and he said " you don't look handicapped, whats wrong with you?"

Now, my wife tells me I can be a bit sarcastic on occasion; I said " I'm blind", and continued putting on my gear. They stood there, chatting quietly. Just before I started the bike, "Mrs." touched me on the arm and said " I'm sorry for my husband...we didn't realize you couldn't see"

I started the bike, and rode off...Please God, don't let them procreate....
Good one.

I swear it's that wheel chair symbol they use that causes problems. They think you actually have to be in a chair.

People don't realize that there are invisible handicaps like heart issues that can allow people to have legit placards. The cane and limp should have been a hint though.

No one likes to see people abusing the spaces but sometimes you can't see the handicap and it's still legit.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:20 AM   #3082
redneck rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheedle View Post
OK... we gotta have the backstory here...
Ok, quick background.

We (my brother and I) went halfs on buying a 12 acre farm from our aunt. My family has owned the property since the late 1940's. My aunt was getting older, and could no longer keep up with the place, so 2 years ago me and my brother bought it to keep it going and in the family.

In 1997, new neighbors moved in. An older couple from down south, and totally PSYCO! They gave my aunt a bunch of crap about everything from the color of their barn to the porch light being too bright. They even tried to have the town pass a motion "limiting any light outside a dwelling to no more than 25 watts". At the meeting for this, they got laughed out of town hall.

When we moved in in 2009, there was peace for roughly 3 days, till the first weekend. the first Saturday we lived there, I was helping a friend put a new fender, and bumper on his truck. Next thing I know, the cops are pulling into my drivway. Apparently, the sound of an air ratchet at 1:00 in the afternoon was unbareably too loud for the nut-jobs. Cops looked around, said "I don't see any problem here, have a nice day".

Since that day, there have been over a dozen complaints filed to the building inspector, zoneing board, and selectman commity. Complaints have incluted everything from operating a mechanics garage, to selling rental cars, to riding our dirt bikes in the feild behind our house. All of which were investigated, and thrown out. All were false.

When they relized they couldn't pay off the town to do what they wanted, they tried filing all the same complaints in Mass Superior Court.

We have been to court 4 or 5 times. Every time, their motions have been denied due to lack of proof of wrong-doing, even thou they have installed 24-hour survailance cameras aimed at our property and have submitted hours and hours of film showing what they are calling "our criminal activity".

At this point, since they have failed to get the court to order a ceace-and-dacist (can't order a us to stop doing what we're not doing), they decided to try to sue us for "causing an unbearable public, and private nucence". So, me, my brother, and my Dad have been suminsed to have our depositions taken, which all just added up to a waisted day with their lawyer asking us rediculus questions.

The worst part of all this is the fact that we have been forced to acuire, and pay for, an attorny to represent us. To date, it has cost us over $15K to defend ourself, and proove that we are doing nothing wrong!
redneck rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #3083
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,185
Eek

THAT'S NUTS!!!
Countersue: defamation of character (you're not engaging in criminal activity), harassment etc etc. You get the idea. Settle the suit by getting ownership of their property then boot them out (of the state) Sorry to hear of the troubles these nut jobs are causing you and your family. Hope it ends soon. The courts may wake up and not allow the nuts to persecute you any more.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #3084
ggrjr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 954
+1 ^

I would at least be filing counter suits to cover you lawyer's fees.

2005 DL 1000
93 VFR
ggrjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #3085
Recker1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
You should have your attorney move for sanctions again the other attorney under Civil Rule 11. Attorneys aren't able to file unwarranted, ridiculous crap and it sounds like that's exactly what's going on. Maybe after that their lawyer will probably withdraw as counsel!
Recker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:39 AM   #3086
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrjr View Post
+1 ^

I would at least be filing counter suits to cover you lawyer's fees.
This! And lost wages, psychological distress, etc. etc..
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:48 AM   #3087
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
That's really f'd up.

Mess with their heads. Dig two fake graves in your back yard and leave them open. (Maybe a third one for their attorney.)
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #3088
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMotorcyclist View Post
Good one.

I swear it's that wheel chair symbol they use that causes problems. They think you actually have to be in a chair.

People don't realize that there are invisible handicaps like heart issues that can allow people to have legit placards. The cane and limp should have been a hint though.

No one likes to see people abusing the spaces but sometimes you can't see the handicap and it's still legit.
My only problem is people using handicap spaces without displaying the placard. Texas prints the DL number of the handicap person on the cards that hang from the mirror to prevent family members from abusing the cards. I understand where you are coming from.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #3089
redneck rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
We currently have a counter-suit filed. I was advised not to discuss details of our case, but it covers all mentioned above.

I'm hoping this bull-shit doesn't last much longer. Currently, their house is for sale, and last time they came home, their car had VA plates on it!

If anyone is looking to live in New England, specificly north-central MA, PLEASE come look at/buy their place!

It's a nice late 1800's brick colonial, 4+ acres, 2 car garage, and a workshop. AND you will have great neighbors that are inmates here and share you passion for RIDING!
redneck rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #3090
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
Good luck with your suit, its unfortunate that you have to spend so much time in court over nonsense, but hopefully you can recover a good portion of your losses.