Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #4156
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Aren't n00bs wonderful?

Before you insult somebody's intelligence about insulting somebody's intelligence, perhaps you should hang around long enough to know the local lingo. Moran is a perfectly acceptable word around here, actually preferable to moron.

Now go figure out why, moran.
Maroon is also acceptable.
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #4157
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmo View Post
It's spelt 'moran'.

AND:

spelt is a grain.

Spelled would be the correct spelling. Homonyms are the bane of the English language.

Old 10-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #4158
Chromer
Not going gentle

Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
AND:

spelt is a grain.

Spelled would be the correct spelling. Homonyms are the bane of the English language.

Spelt and spelled aren't supposed to be homonyms. Enunciate man!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #4159
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,207
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Thanks for making that point.

I know.

Enuciation is another problem these days.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #4160
mickmo
diggin the dirt

Oddometer: 311
Quote:
AND:

spelt is a grain.

Only in America mate.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #4161
rocker59
diplomatico di moto

Oddometer: 15,462
Quote:
AND:

spelt is a grain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spelt

spelt1
vb
a past tense and past participle of spell1

IBA #24873, MGNOC #21347
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
rocker59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #4162
Marco Moto
Voyager

Oddometer: 1,189
Quoting the first post:

...back on track please:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_fire View Post
I believe we're all used with being asked how fast is the bike and how many mpg does it get. But have you ever been asked something that simply blew your mind?

I'll start with mine. The advantage of riding in remote places of an almost non-biking country.

- "Sir, is that a real BMW or it's just the badge?" (people here are used with chinese replicas, therefore the question is almost a legitimate one; asked 3 times already, waiting for more)
- "Duuuuude, does your bike has two engines?!" (asked a number of times, I usually try to explain the boxer design, but if all fails I tell them the right one is the turbocharger)
- "Since when does BMW make motorcycles?" (coming from a tuned BMW 3 series owner)
- "Yeah, a BMW is a BMW!" (especially the seniors tell me this as in the communist era the guy on a BMW motorcycle was the real cream of the crop)
Old 10-18-2011, 08:19 AM   #4163
David R
I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer: 2,389
My wifes uncle a thrifty farmer was out in the field working. I rode my airhead out to talk. He asked for a ride back. He was on looking at the right cylinder closely leaning over. He then wanted to look at the left one and quickly did. I almost dumped it in the field.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #4164
Splisken
I'm not dead yet...

Oddometer: 127
After a long hot day in the saddle I pulled into my local gas station in Loveland, CO to top off the tank before heading home. On a whim I decided to use cash instead of the card (I too usually stay on the bike and use a card) and after topping off went in to pay. I still had the gloves, sunglasses, and full faced helmet on (all black including leathers) when I got to the front of the line and the attendant asks me "Are you riding a motorcycle?" Normally I would simply have responded in the affrmative and went on my way but it was a hot day and I was whipped and caught a little off guard as I was the only vehicle at the station and she could clearly see it out her window. So instead I say "No, I'm here to rob you." (Almost as dumb a response as the question) as her eyes turn to saucers and the blood drains from her face I quickly tell her I am joking and it has been a long day...she immediately returned to her nonplussed and detached demeanor as if I had never been there.

That particular situation sticks in my mind but I get asked that question frequently at stops while in full riding gear.
Splisken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #4165
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splisken View Post
After a long hot day in the saddle I pulled into my local gas station in Loveland, CO to top off the tank before heading home. On a whim I decided to use cash instead of the card (I too usually stay on the bike and use a card) and after topping off went in to pay. I still had the gloves, sunglasses, and full faced helmet on (all black including leathers) when I got to the front of the line and the attendant asks me "Are you riding a motorcycle?" Normally I would simply have responded in the affrmative and went on my way but it was a hot day and I was whipped and caught a little off guard as I was the only vehicle at the station and she could clearly see it out her window. So instead I say "No, I'm here to rob you." (Almost as dumb a response as the question) as her eyes turn to saucers and the blood drains from her face I quickly tell her I am joking and it has been a long day...she immediately returned to her nonplussed and detached demeanor as if I had never been there.

That particular situation sticks in my mind but I get asked that question frequently at stops while in full riding gear.
That could have turned out ugly
Old 10-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #4166
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splisken View Post

Not funny. You can get pretty easily plugged that way not to say how much distress you afforded some innocent chick trying to make a living.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:51 AM   #4167
Splisken
I'm not dead yet...

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
Not funny. You can get pretty easily plugged that way not to say how much distress you afforded some innocent chick trying to make a living.
No argument from me Slide..one of those moments where the complete lack of any kind of attention to anything from a person set me off (inappropriately obviously). Not my typical style...and there was no worry of anykind from this girl...she was oblivious to her own existence. The back story here was the 3 kids trying to buy candy in line before me that she could barely manage to speak to without being rude...again, I know I was in the wrong.

Splisken screwed with this post 10-18-2011 at 09:53 AM Reason: corrected statement
Splisken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #4168
roadstar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
Wow !! old long topic my one ride is a 76 goldwing & soooo many times i get asked what type of bike it is. After i tell them it`s a goldwing , they say so thats what they look like after you crash one (bike came naked new). I also own an FJR1300 & just about every one says (nice BMW) then i tell them it`s a Yamaha & they ask me when did they start building bikes like that , i tell them since 2002 (and all i get is oh!!)
roadstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #4169
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 386
Well this is not a stupid question but more of a stupid driver.
I park my bike in a parking space and the one to the right of me was avalible too, when I came out of the store this is what I find!!!!!
The lady got mad at me for taking a picture of her truck, and when I said my thoughts, she got in locked the doors and waited on me to leave

Old 10-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #4170
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,540
It looks like the Tan vehicle to the right is all the way to the Left of its spot. Not leaving enough room for the Red truck to park next to it without gatting a door ding.

I see nothing wrong with this. She gave you pleanty of room.