Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #4231
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by solution View Post
A public parking lot is one that is open to the general public. Ownership is irrelevant. A good example is the lot of a shopping center. While it could vary from municipality to municipality, generally the vehicle code applies and is enforcable in these lots. This is why you see stop signs, this why you could get a parking ticket, etc. in lots that are open to the public.

If you pave your on lot for your own personal use, and it is not open to the general public, you can ignore the vehicle code and drive how you damn well please.
Nope, LittleRedToyota has it right. I have seen several people (in Texas at least) who have been in fender benders in parking lots and the cops just say "sorry". It is totally up to the insurances involved at that point.

I did have someone ask me if it was too hot to ride a few months ago. I was at a loss as to what to say, seeing as how I had ridden to the gas station.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM   #4232
palinka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Nope, LittleRedToyota has it right. I have seen several people (in Texas at least) who have been in fender benders in parking lots and the cops just say "sorry". It is totally up to the insurances involved at that point.

I did have someone ask me if it was too hot to ride a few months ago. I was at a loss as to what to say, seeing as how I had ridden to the gas station.
As I said, it could vary between municipalities. I know for a fact that here in CA the vehicle code is enforcable in parking lots open to the general public. Whether the local cops choose to enforce it is an entirely different matter. LAPD will generally not respond to fender benders, even on public roads, unless someone is bleeding. Ask me how I know.

And as far as insurance goes, guess what laws would be invoked should the case go to court?
palinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:13 PM   #4233
phideaux
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,220
Why don't we re-name this thread. Something like 'The Stupid Ass Parking Lot Thread' ought to do just fine.

Mrs. Phideaux to her octogenarian friend when the granny wants to know if she can sit on one of my bikes:

"It's Okay, they only fall over when HE'S on them."

North GA Tag-O-Rama Map
Georgia Tag-O-Rama Map
phideaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #4234
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post
Why don't we re-name this thread. Something like 'The Stupid Ass Parking Lot Thread' ought to do just fine.

Really and it's all my fault
Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #4235
VTSteve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by phideaux View Post

VTSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:45 PM   #4236
84thProblem
Disbelief suspended

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik View Post
Had that happen today. Im in the turn lane and almost centered in it when some idiot pulls up alongside me. I turned and looked at him and shook my head. Light goes green and I start to roll and they did too. So I took my time and forced him to the outside. He finally stopped just before he would've driven on to the sidewalk.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #4237
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by solution View Post
A public parking lot is one that is open to the general public.
no, it's not. the legal defiition of a public parking lot (or public anything) is one that is owned by the city, state, country, etc. anything owned by a private entity...like a shopping mall...is legally defined as private property. there are laws that apply to private property that is generally open to the public that do not apply to private property that is not generally open to the public, but that does not make them public property.

Quote:
While it could vary from municipality to municipality,
it does. and from state to state. like i said.
LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #4238
ShardPhoenix
Наглый ублюдок

Oddometer: 783
One of my daughters friends was at the house this past weekend, and when her mother came to pick her up, she wanted to see my "new to me" motorcycle... '05 Suzuki S40

She asked "How much did it cost?"

"$1,900" I reply.

She then exclaims "$1,900!!!??!! THAT'S IT? NOT $19,000?!? You got a great deal!!"

Old 10-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #4239
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShardPhoenix View Post
One of my daughters friends was at the house this past weekend, and when her mother came to pick her up, she wanted to see my "new to me" motorcycle... '05 Suzuki S40

She asked "How much did it cost?"

"$1,900" I reply.

She then exclaims "$1,900!!!??!! THAT'S IT? NOT $19,000?!? You got a great deal!!"

fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #4240
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSteve View Post

This was funny as shit! I laughed and every one in the office wanted to know what I was laughing at. I told them they wouldnt understand. They said try. I said no really it will make no sense to you. So good!
Now can we move on? Pretty Please???
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #4241
Duke78
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSteve View Post
Feckin Awsome! Describes how this thread is goin'
Old 10-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #4242
ROKSTAR
Whoring it up

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by full_literstrom View Post
Sorry, but this one should really be under 'Unexpected answer from a dumb question'. We where out in Paradise Mi when the fuel pump in my truck dies. I called AAA for a tow to Newberry. This guy in his 50's shows up with a flat bed to load my truck on. He has the HD cap with a HD t-shirt and matching HD tatoo's, So on the way to Newberry I ask if he rides, which I thought was kind of a dumb question, but a way to start some bike talk. His answer is "I don't have a Harley yet, but plan to buy one in the next few years." Guess I have to hand it to the HD marketing department on this one.
This proves my point that Harley is a marketing company and not a motorcycle company....
Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #4243
spntshell
What! Where??!

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKSTAR View Post
This proves my point that Harley is a marketing company and not a motorcycle company....
My dumb question is why would you get a manufactures logo that means nothing other than to sell their product tattooed on your body to take to your grave without getting paid????
Old 10-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #4244
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKSTAR View Post
They don't produce markets. They merely fill one buy producing motorcycles that happen to bring out a passionate response in some of the riders.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #4245
ROKSTAR
Whoring it up

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
They don't produce markets. They merely fill one buy producing motorcycles that happen to bring out a passionate response in some of the riders.
You know what I mean....
My buddy told me the other day "One day, you'll get a real bike like my Dyna. You know Harley bought them to shut them down." :ymca

I wanted to punch him in the face...he had NO CLUE about Buell...and I bet rides 500 miles a year. He's NEVER rode with me. I didn't even know he had a bike. Best part? We've known each other for about 10 years....