Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #5611
TheLandYacht
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Hmmm. Your experience doesn't bear out in my opinion. In 21 years of driving (12 hours a day) for a living, I've been pulled over & ticketed ONE TIME.

Maybe it's just you? Were you wearing your "I hate cops" t-shirt that day?

Or maybe you're just looking to hate on a segment of people? Bigotry is ugly no matter who the target is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFR_firefly View Post
You seem to put a lot of faith in the law kid. While your working it in your mouth deciding whether to spit or swallow I'll give you a hint -traffic policing has nothing to do with safety and everything to do with revenue.

I'll let my safety record speak for itself. 35 years and zero street crashes and zero insurance claims. Zee-Eee-Argh-Oh!

Does it taste salty cop lover?
TheLandYacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #5612
TheLandYacht
Adventurer

I thought the previous comment pointed more toward "Why are these guys advertising Harley products for free?"

I got no problem advertising the motorcycle brand I ride...as soon as they start paying me to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
Hey, if you're embarrassed to have the name of your bike brand showing, I can understand that.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #5613
TheLandYacht
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slide View Post
It's worse than that. Everybody born in a hospital will surely die.
Life is the most fatal thing out there. We all die from it eventually.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #5614
TheLandYacht
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
That's gotta be my favorite interaction on the road, when a bored looking kid spots you out the side window, or out the back at traffic lights and you give them a little wave. That excited wave back, and jumping around telling Mum and Dad "he waved at me! He waved at me!" Then slapping his brothers and sisters until there's five little faces squashed up against the window all waving and smiles... Brightens my day.
Had my first experience with this in rush hour traffic a few nights ago...I hear a kid's voice & look over into the SUV beside me & see a little kid bouncin & wavin. So I look over & say "Hi there" & wave. For the next 2 miles (that's 10 minutes in traffic, dammit)...every time I'd pass them (or vise versa), I'd here "Hi there" in a little kid voice. The first time it happened I heard what sounded like mom laughin in the front seat.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #5615
TheLandYacht
Adventurer

On a similar note:
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...-answer-it.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGNC View Post
I bet that kid is still talking about it too. I refuse to wheelie for anyone but little kids are an exception.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #5616
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGNC View Post
I bet that kid is still talking about it too. I refuse to wheelie for anyone but little kids are an exception.

Does anyone let kids sit on their bike? I've let a few people sit their small kids on my bike before. Even helped a handicapped kid (like 12ish) on my DRZ once. It's amazing how the simplest things will make a kid's day.
I wheelied my Bandit for the neighborhood kids once. The throttle stuck, I wound up taking out 4 poles and about 30 feet of my chainlink fence. I locked the rear wheel(didn't want to use the front brake and go over the bars lol), when the front end came down my backwheel hit the trailer hitch sticking out of my van in the driveway. Which spun me to the right pointing me towards the fence, and broke my back wheel. I then went through the fence. the look on the kids faces was priceless... I think they thought I died! I jumped up off the ground, pulled the 2 loaves of italian bread which I had stuffed into my jacket (the whole reason I had gone out) and anounced "It's OK, the bread isn't smushed!"

I fixed my throttle, and back wheel. But I don't do wheelies for the kids anymore, I can't even think about "what if one of the kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

I still love doing wheelies though, just not around the neighborhood.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #5617
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
I wheelied my Bandit for the neighborhood kids once. The throttle stuck, I wound up taking out 4 poles and about 30 feet of my chainlink fence. I locked the rear wheel(didn't want to use the front brake and go over the bars lol), when the front end came down my backwheel hit the trailer hitch sticking out of my van in the driveway. Which spun me to the right pointing me towards the fence, and broke my back wheel. I then went through the fence. the look on the kids faces was priceless... I think they thought I died! I jumped up off the ground, pulled the 2 loaves of italian bread which I had stuffed into my jacket (the whole reason I had gone out) and anounced "It's OK, the bread isn't smushed!"

I fixed my throttle, and back wheel. But I don't do wheelies for the kids anymore, I can't even think about "what if one of the kids were in the wrong place at the wrong time?"

I still love doing wheelies though, just not around the neighborhood.

Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that shit's freaking HILARIOUS!!

I can guaranDAMNtee you that the kids in your neighbourhood are still talking about THAT stunt.

Hell, they'll be telling that story for the rest of their lives!!

You must be famous (more likely infamous) in your 'hood 'cause of that stunt.

(Glad you, and your baguettes, made it out alive.)

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #5618
jsalman93
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 232
A Hog on a HOG

One time I was leaving school and I saw this girl (realllllly fat black chick ) I know from school, an acquaintance of an acquaintance, and she saw my helmet and asked if I rode a motorcycle. Being a smartass, I responded with, "No, I just ride on the short bus and didn't have a locker for my helmet." (got that response from this thread)
She then started talking about how she thinks motorcyclists are so sexy and how she's always wanted to ride on one . All I could think of was her on the back of a HOG. Awkward

2006 Yamaha FZ6
1992 Suzuki Gs500e (in progress)
jsalman93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #5619
smilin'Ed
Ed

Oddometer: 518
She then started talking about how she thinks motorcyclists are so sexy and how she's always wanted to ride on one

The sentence above does not mean she wanted to ride on a motorcycle. Its you she wanted to ride. Lucky escape for you.
smilin'Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:50 AM   #5620
Big Red
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLandYacht View Post
Had my first experience with this in rush hour traffic a few nights ago...I hear a kid's voice & look over into the SUV beside me & see a little kid bouncin & wavin...
Great, ain't it?!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #5621
orangebear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLandYacht View Post
Had my first experience with this in rush hour traffic a few nights ago...I hear a kid's voice & look over into the SUV beside me & see a little kid bouncin & wavin. So I look over & say "Hi there" & wave. For the next 2 miles (that's 10 minutes in traffic, dammit)...every time I'd pass them (or vise versa), I'd here "Hi there" in a little kid voice. The first time it happened I heard what sounded like mom laughin in the front seat.

when i am on my bike 2up mu other half will wave at kids who at us.
Klr650c the 1 I should not of wasted my money on
Honda xl125rc powered by a cg125 block fun wee bike
orangebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #5622
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSROOT View Post
Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but that shit's freaking HILARIOUS!!

I can guaranDAMNtee you that the kids in your neighbourhood are still talking about THAT stunt.

Hell, they'll be telling that story for the rest of their lives!!

You must be famous (more likely infamous) in your 'hood 'cause of that stunt.

(Glad you, and your baguettes, made it out alive.)
It's OK, I laugh about it all the time, my kids won't ever let me forget about it, and it's been 6 years.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #5623
hoggjaww
DOG ASS

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalman93 View Post
One time I was leaving school and I saw this girl (realllllly fat black chick ) I know from school, an acquaintance of an acquaintance, and she saw my helmet and asked if I rode a motorcycle. Being a smartass, I responded with, "No, I just ride on the short bus and didn't have a locker for my helmet." (got that response from this thread)
She then started talking about how she thinks motorcyclists are so sexy and how she's always wanted to ride on one . All I could think of was her on the back of a HOG. Awkward

Her skin color is important to this story..... how?

You're not here for a long time, you're here for a good time. - Hutchie
hoggjaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #5624
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggjaww View Post

Nobody cares. Shut up.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 AM   #5625
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggjaww View Post

"leaving school" "acquaintance of an acquaintance" These parts are not important to the story eigther, why didn't you ask about them? Don't try to make something racist that isn't.

sieg screwed with this post 11-26-2012 at 08:12 AM
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote