Effing A
Dynamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM   #6587
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick

Oddometer: 5,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by GapRunr View Post
Nice! When I lived in NC I had a customer who would always come in the shop and ask me to go ride with him. I'd be working, and still a few hours from closing. He thought he was being funny. One day I was getting ready to leave on the bike at about 3:00 in the afternoon and he showed up, so I asked him to ride with me. I led, and after about 40 miles he passed me and flagged me down. "How much further are you going" he asked. "Eureka, CA. I said." I'm meeting some friends out there to ride the Pacific Coast Highway down to San Diego".

He never again asked me to go ride with him.

BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #6588
Heyload
Remastered Classic

Oddometer: 7,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
My Jeep is down due to electrical gremlins. As such, I've been riding to work all week, despite the thunderstorms.

Yesterday, I rode the Bonnie hack. It is green.

Today, I rode the Ural. It is red.

I approached the Fort Bragg gate and got engaged by stupid. Today, stupid took the form of a MP Private, fresh out of training.

Guard: "I had never seen a sidecar once in my life before yesterday. I saw one yesterday, and now you pull up on this one.

Me: So you saw one yesterday?

Guard: Yep.

Me: Was it a green Triumph with a cargo hack?

Guard: Yep.

Me: Then that was me you saw yesterday too.

Guard: No, the one I saw yesterday was green, not red.

Me: I know, I ride the green one too.

Guard: But this one is a Ural. The one I saw yesterday was a Triumph.

At this point, the guy's NCO is chuckling at the exchange. He gets it, and is laughing at his own Soldier. I've got a formation to get too, so I figure I need to end this quickly.

Me: Wait, you saw a green Triumph yesterday? I've never seen one of those. It must have been something else. Have a great day!

Now the poor kid's NCO is laughing uncontrollably. As I pull off, I hear him say "Private Johnson, didn't we tell you to not to talk to anyone?"

Tomorrow, I'm taking the Triumph and going through his lane again
He knows what a Ural is and can differentiate between it and a Triumph. Promote ahead of peers.

When life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Heyload screwed with this post 06-27-2013 at 09:09 AM
Heyload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #6589
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyload View Post
He knows what a Ural is and can differentiate between it and a Triumph. Promote ahead of peers.
He can tell that, but can't figure out that someone can have two bikes? I call bullshit!

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #6590
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast*st View Post
I was on the ST1100 somewhere in San Josey CA, still loaded with camping gear, just came back from a trip to Colorado but feeling great. Almost to my home base when living out there, lanesplit and end up next to a ZX6R at the light. Kiddo says 'Hey man wanna race!' Light is kinda long 'Sure, you bet! You know that giant metal archway in Saint Louis Missouri?' the kid nods, 'How about to there and back when the light turns green'

His brain melted a little and he asked 'What? really?' I said 'Sure what's the point of racing 50 yards to the next light!' 'No way' was his response :)

I'm not sure he could have pulled it off without a map.

Man, I wish I had thought of something like this last time a squid wanted to race.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #6591
BryonLewis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
I live right down the road from a gas station/local post office and I go there several times a week. I switch bikes frequently and it is funny the responses I get depending on which bike I'm riding.

Honda CBR600RR - The cruiser guys at the station always tell me to get a real bike

Honda VTX1800C - Squids telling me to get a real bike

Suzuki B-King - Cruiser and Squids asking if it is a real bike
BryonLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #6592
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalePhase View Post
Mine was the co-worker who waited until after I got my ear plugs in, helmet on, and started the engine to shuffle over and start babbling at me. Fool that I am, I thought maybe there something I urgently needed to know, so I cut the engine, took off the helmet, and removed the earplugs so he could tell me, "You know, I had a cousin who got killed riding a motorcycle." Yeah, thanks for pointing out the clue to me. Who woulda guessed these things were dangerous to ride? But now that I know, I'll just stick a For Sale sign on it where it sits and hitchhike home.
Reminds me of a guy who lived across the street from me. As his wife was pulling out of the driveway to take the kids to school each morning, he would come running out of the house in a panic, waving his arms and yelling her name. (she would continue pulling to the edge of their driveway, just to make him run farther). He would motion for her to roll down the window, then in a very stern voice tell her to "BE CAREFUL!"

We still laugh about that guy to this day. I always wondered if she ever responded "It's a good thing you told me, because I was going to be careless today if you hadn't."
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #6593
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Reminds me of a guy who lived across the street from me. As his wife was pulling out of the driveway to take the kids to school each morning, he would come running out of the house in a panic, waving his arms and yelling her name. (she would continue pulling to the edge of their driveway, just to make him run farther). He would motion for her to roll down the window, then in a very stern voice tell her to "BE CAREFUL!"

We still laugh about that guy to this day. I always wondered if she ever responded "It's a good thing you told me, because I was going to be careless today if you hadn't."
He did this every day?
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #6594
slide
A nation in despair

Oddometer: 21,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
He did this every day?
Yeah and while the neighbors were watching the expected show, his brother would break into their houses through the back door & rob them blind.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #6595
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 6,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
He did this every day?
Most days. He also reminded us to watch out for black widow spiders in our mail box every time he saw us checking the mail, because he found one is his mail box one time.
High Country Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #6596
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Country Herb View Post
Most days. He also reminded us to watch out for black widow spiders in our mail box every time he saw us checking the mail, because he found one is his mail box one time.

Oh Christ. WHY did you have to mention this?

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #6597
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
He can tell that, but can't figure out that someone can have two bikes? I call bullshit!
I inferred that the green one was the Triumph, and it says "Triumph" in big letters on the pedestrian slicer. The Ural says it is a Ural right on the the tank, and he was standing a foot from it. He was at least literate.

He was on a different gate today. It's a shame, I was planning on having some fun.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #6598
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I inferred that the green one was the Triumph, and it says "Triumph" in big letters on the pedestrian slicer. The Ural says it is a Ural right on the the tank, and he was standing a foot from it. He was at least literate.

He was on a different gate today. It's a shame, I was planning on having some fun.
Theres always tomorrow...

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
KG6BWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #6599
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonLewis View Post

I live right down the road from a gas station/local post office and I go there several times a week. I switch bikes frequently and it is funny the responses I get depending on which bike I'm riding.

Honda CBR600RR - The cruiser guys at the station always tell me to get a real bike

Get a real bike, dude.

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 PM   #6600
PalePhase
Humour Noir

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGSROOT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryonLewis View Post

Get a real bike, dude.
The solution is simple: You just have to ride all three at once.

1995 Honda VF750CD
2002 Honda VFR800
PalePhase is offline   Reply With Quote