Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #7741
Skyshadow
Banned

Oddometer: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougFromKentucky View Post
I would never darken their doors with my shadow again. I got to see the new 2014 Indian for the first time in person the other day at our local Harley dealer when I went in to pick up my new boots I had ordered. This dealership doesn't seem to have a problem with other makes of motorcycles in their lot, after all a sale is a sale. They also are quick to tell you that they see nothing wrong with people riding other brands, that hopefully one day you will be back to buy a Harley.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
I had the HD dealership in New Brunswick actually work through lunch to fix my shitty tire on my KLR without an ill word. Say what you will about HD and their dealerships.....but I for one will NEVER paint them all with a broad brush.
Skyshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:37 PM   #7742
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,058
Sky it is definitely case by case basis. Harker Heights H/D treated me like a second class citizen when I brought my Buell in for service and Austin H/D didn't even want to sell me a Buell in 07. The shop in Stugis went out of its way to help me at Sturgis 2011. So there are a few out there that are good, but most will simply ask when are you going to get a "real bike."
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 AM   #7743
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
Sky it is definitely case by case basis. Harker Heights H/D treated me like a second class citizen when I brought my Buell in for service and Austin H/D didn't even want to sell me a Buell in 07. The shop in Stugis went out of its way to help me at Sturgis 2011. So there are a few out there that are good, but most will simply ask when are you going to get a "real bike."
Personally, I think its just "fun" to bash HD a little........but in all seriousness, I would say that a lot of dealerships period are guilty of treating certain individuals like trash simply because of the bike they're riding...or are just a bunch of pricks.

My (least) favorite stealership in town ridicules anyone who walks into their store who is not A: A Kawi or BMW owner and/or B: is not a loyal (read: stupid and gullible) customer.
Go 500m down the road to the next stealership...Honda and Ducati ()this time and its still a douche fest but with a twist as they have one of the better parts counters in town. So in their case its not so much brand snobbery as it is just plain old WTF-are-you-talking-about-idiocy. Their Ducati guys are completely out to lunch and are seriously drinking the kool-aid. Not an objective opinion between them. Everytime I've gone in to lust over a Pikespeak Multi or 1199, they saunter over and start their pre-planned ramble....but as soon as I start talking about the SPS or my 748...they kinda get this confused look on their faces and slowly....S-L-O-W-L-Y, back away.....
2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #7744
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
but most will simply ask when are you going to get a "real bike."
"See that bike in the parking lot. That's no mirage."

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #7745
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,140
I've only had one negative encounter with a HD rider. He calmed down when I pointed out that his bike was as "all-American" as before.

99.999% of them are great guys who just want to get out and ride.

There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth!
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:43 AM   #7746
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,795
Quote:
99.999% of them are great guys who just want to get out and ride.
True. I have had good talks about roads and good places to stop with HD and other brands of riders.

When I think about it, most of these encounters were during the week. Just taking the day off and riding, type of thing.

I wonder how many or what percentage of the "attitude" encounters happen on weekends or holidays? You know, when all of the peacocks are out, strutting their feathers.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #7747
FJrider1
Yoyodyne Propulsion Sys

Oddometer: 156
"That's a nice BMW"

"It's a FJR"

"Who make's that?"

"Yamaha"

"You sure???"

"I think so..."

"How fast does it go?"

"324..."

"THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR MILES PER HOUR???!!!"

"Yeah, I keep trying for 325 but it won't make it...."

She says I never listen, or something like that...

DoD#2051
FJrider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #7748
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJrider1 View Post
"That's a nice BMW"

"It's a FJR"

"Who make's that?"

"Yamaha"

"You sure???"

"I think so..."

"How fast does it go?"

"324..."

"THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR MILES PER HOUR???!!!"

"Yeah, I keep trying for 325 but it won't make it...."

I have the same sort of answer for "How fast does it go?"

"Well, I've never had it above 220."

Of course, I've never had it above 155, either, but they don't need to know that.

There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth!
Old 03-25-2014, 07:41 AM   #7749
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,021
Tell them at least 176.........................................feet/sec that is. (120MPH)

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #7750
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider

Oddometer: 1,189
I love when people see this bike and ask how fast it goes. I always give some random number between 100 and 150.

V V V
V V V
V V V

-"I wouldn't trade one stupid decision for another five years of life."
Anonawesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #7751
Flyinace1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Stopped at a gas station yesterday and while I was at one of the pay stations. I looked up to see some guy in a car yelling at me but, since I wear earphones when I ride, I had no idea what he was saying. So I looked down to unplug my music and when I looked up he was gone.
I didn't think anything of it until I walked back to my bike and my fiance asked me what the guy said and told me he sounded angry. And then the lady filling up next to us walks over and asks. She told us it was definitely something derogatory but she couldn't quite make it out.

Now I'm quite curious what he said and why he was so pissed. Oh well some people are just angry idiots.
I also had someone run a red light right in front of my path of travel and then proceed to give me the stink eye when I honked at them

People are just nuts

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

2005 Yamaha FZ6 (the faster blue )
1995 Honda Magna VF750C (sold)
Flyinace1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #7752
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinace1 View Post
Stopped at a gas station yesterday and while I was at one of the pay stations. I looked up to see some guy in a car yelling at me but, since I wear earphones when I ride, I had no idea what he was saying. So I looked down to unplug my music and when I looked up he was gone.
I didn't think anything of it until I walked back to my bike and my fiance asked me what the guy said and told me he sounded angry. And then the lady filling up next to us walks over and asks. She told us it was definitely something derogatory but she couldn't quite make it out.

Now I'm quite curious what he said and why he was so pissed. Oh well some people are just angry idiots.
I also had someone run a red light right in front of my path of travel and then proceed to give me the stink eye when I honked at them

People are just nuts

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
He was politely informing you that riding with earphones will damage your hearing.

And that you are using the wrong brand of oil.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #7753
RedShark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinace1 View Post

They all do that...

Seriously, want to get in a fight with some random in about 20 seconds ? Call any attention to their stupid/illegal/dangerous behavior and YOU will be the target of their aggression.

I don't know if it's a natural reaction to the embarrassment of being called out or just good old insanity but make any observation of another's idiocy at your own risk.
RedShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #7754
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShark View Post
They all do that...

Seriously, want to get in a fight with some random in about 20 seconds ? Call any attention to their stupid/illegal/dangerous behavior and YOU will be the target of their aggression.

I don't know if it's a natural reaction to the embarrassment of being called out or just good old insanity but make any observation of another's idiocy at your own risk.
Noticing this more and more......I think they're putting something in the water.
2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #7755
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShark View Post
They all do that...

If they're doing something illegal or stupid or dangerous to me, I'll say something, loudly, and I don't mind being a target of their aggression. 20 seconds to a fight? Okay. Seriously, I'm in a full helmet designed to take a 250g impact, a jacket with d3O molecular armor, and gloves with titanium knuckle protection... I'll take that fight.

Hopefully I win.