Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 57 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #361
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t4rd3d
Anyone try a nitro heli ?
Plan to, but I will stick with the lil Blade for now. The plan is to step up to a CP heli next spring.

I am currently working oni this new toy. She is running, but I am waiting on a nice day so I can paint the body.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:17 AM   #362
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
I used to want one of those. Is it a Blizzard or the other one that Kyosho made?
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #363
Buzzbomber
Not Dr. Who...

Oddometer: 1,232
Nice Blizzard! Oh, how I hate those Kyosho MSCs, though. I used to burn them up weekly on my Big Brute back in the old days.

In other r/c news, I just sold my brushless 1/8th scale buggy, but I picked up a Jerry Whelchel edition Slash 4x4 to replace it. It looks like Short Course Mod Truck is going to be the big class at my local track this year. Gonna be fun!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #364
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 4,999
Quote:
Anyone try a nitro heli ?
I have a Kyosho Concept 30 SR. Chopped my hand up once with it when I was setting it up and had the tail gyro reversed.

These day's, unless you really want to get into nitro, it's a lot cheaper to get into electrics. Not everyone appreciates a flying weed wacker in their parks.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #365
Bender
I can pass this guy.

Oddometer: 32,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbomber
Nice Blizzard! Oh, how I hate those Kyosho MSCs, though. I used to burn them up weekly on my Big Brute back in the old days.

In other r/c news, I just sold my brushless 1/8th scale buggy, but I picked up a Jerry Whelchel edition Slash 4x4 to replace it. It looks like Short Course Mod Truck is going to be the big class at my local track this year. Gonna be fun!

I stopped at a track yesterday and damn, those things were everywhere. They look to be almost indestructable. Look like lots and lots of fun too.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #366
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duanew1
I used to want one of those. Is it a Blizzard or the other one that Kyosho made?
Blizzard DF-300 EP. Not sure what "other Kyosho" you are refering to. The did make in the blizzard in electric and gas. However, it is now discontinue. I was luck to get one of the last ones. Had it on order for almost 3 months, just so I could hope to be near the top of the order que when the final release was made. Kyosho America says it is due to low sales. If enough of you call them, maybe the will do another limited release.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #367
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbomber

That MSC was yanked and replaced with an ESC minutes after that shot was taken. Long term plans are for a Traxxas receiver box, Traxxas waterproof servo, 2.4ghz radio (probably the Airtronics MX-3) and a BL crawler motor/esc combo provided I can source a water proof one.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #368
r00t4rd3d
ADV Rider

Oddometer: 895
You can still buy them :

http://www.rcplanet.com/Kyosho_EP_Bl.../kyo30983b.htm

03 Honda XR250R
r00t4rd3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:31 AM   #369
Desert Skies
One brick shy...

Oddometer: 2,257
This fellow has tons of spare time and twice as much money. Not to mention Mad Skilz!

Fred Heim

Tripn' with Tom Some pictures ZZ Rider - Tom Lowry Texas Blue - Tom Lowry

Desert Skies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:42 AM   #370
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Quote:
I am sure there are a few places that still have a couple in stock or received some of the last run, but they have been discontinued.

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30983

I spoke with Kyosho America a couple of times over the past few months and the recent shipment was the last one they plan on. They did say that parts sopport will continue for some time, but I am going to order a few things I think I might need and just rat hole them for later use.

I did point out to the that the Blizzard fills a unique niche. It is pretty much the only real RC vehicle out there that is worth a damn in the snow. Ues, you can modify an existing car with big paddle tires and some front skis from Full FOrce RC

http://www.fullforcerc.com/ski-kits.htm

but they still are not all that competent in the snow and the snow MUST be fairly hard packed for a wheeled vehice (even with skis in front) to run.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:50 AM   #371
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC
Blizzard DF-300 EP. Not sure what "other Kyosho" you are refering to. The did make in the blizzard in electric and gas. However, it is now discontinue.
I am sorry. I thought that these were discontinued a long time ago. They have updated the kits since long ago. The kits used to have 2 versions. There was one with a blade attached to the front and one without. They had slightly different names.

2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #372
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

The plow kits (with rear drag groomer) were option parts on the earlier versions. No idea if a plow kit is still available. I just got the Blizzard so I can have something decent for playing in the snow.

I may try fitting Clodbuster wheels/tires to my Axial and see how that handles snow.

Quote:
I am sorry. I thought that these were discontinued a long time ago. They have updated the kits since long ago. The kits used to have 2 versions. There was one with a blade attached to the front and one without. They had slightly different names.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #373
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

I did some more looking into it and it seems as if the Blizzard was "discontinued" a couple times. Sounds like teh just ramp up production of them every now and then.

Quote:

Old 04-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #374
cRAsH
Banned

Oddometer: 19,324
It flies!!

cRAsH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:19 AM   #375
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,928
Every time I see this thread, for just a moment I think it's about something entirely different.

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: