Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 42 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #481
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post

Right before it smacks him between the eyes.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:14 AM   #482
tommyg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
Thanks for all advice and opnions. I just order the traxxas slayer and my friend went with the tmaxx 3.3. they should be here by friday. Well have to pick our days due to cold and snow. I snowblowed a track around the my property. I also ordered some proline sand paddles, they should help in the winter and be great in the sand this summer. Ive been watching videos of rock crawlers, that will be my next purchase looks like a fun challenge.
tommyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #483
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyg View Post
Thanks for all advice and opnions. I just order the traxxas slayer and my friend went with the tmaxx 3.3. they should be here by friday. Well have to pick our days due to cold and snow. I snowblowed a track around the my property. I also ordered some proline sand paddles, they should help in the winter and be great in the sand this summer. Ive been watching videos of rock crawlers, that will be my next purchase looks like a fun challenge.
Let me know how the paddles work out. I set my old Rustler up as a beach runner, but it did not work well in teh snow unless it was a fairly heavy and packed snow.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #484
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by merickk View Post
The MCX's are so easy to fly even a midjet can do eet. A lot of fun for indoor flying and pretty tough. My cat has batted it out of the air several times with no harm to either cat or heli

The look on his face is priceless!
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:47 AM   #485
scootertrash
Mobile Homie

Oddometer: 2,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TAC View Post
I have an out runner on this one and she will easily climb straight up. I have also added Millennium RC"s X-Gear and battery mount. The gear is fantastic; touch and gos are now possible!

I have a second bird that will be getting a Millennium RC Slow Stick X conversion shortly after Christmas.
http://www.millenniumrc.com/SlowStickX_XTrainer.html
great links, have 'em bookmarked. Looks like I need to jump back into the SS world seeing as I just got a more local job. Wife wants to learn to fly RC, she used to do nitro trucks.

TV-free for 7 years and counting
"The difference between Adventure and Adversity is Attitude"
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:45 PM   #486
GaryHarris
I bent my Flounder

Oddometer: 192
I raced cars for 17 years, even picked up Trinity as a sponsor for awhile. Have a few planes sitting and am currentlt building a BUSA Eindecker EIII. 81" wingspan.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #487
Zecatfish
XTique Rider

Oddometer: 7,919
I have an RC plane in the shed,
Its maybe the third one, the first one I thought no problem I can fly this, never flown before, and it came off the ground and did a beautiful right have turn right through the sliding glass window.
It was at moms place, I thought she was going to kill me.

I did learn to fly on the second then it died in a high altitude separation.
The Main spar separated and the right wing come fluttering down gentle as a leaf while the rest rolled over and nose dived into the dirt.

I have an UltraHots Super Tiger 60 on it and other I wish I could remember the name of. I should get them out and clean em up and replace batteries etc and get em started again.

The Early Bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
https://sites.google.com/site/ozarkadventuretours/

Zecatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:29 PM   #488
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Ran this one today

Old 12-18-2010, 07:20 PM   #489
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,437
Laugh

So I have been looking at RC rock crawlers, they are SO cool! I dont know why, I have to have one.

last year I was really close to getting a Tamiya CC-01 but didn't happen. there are plenty of scale crawlers but I think that if I get one of those I shall for ever be wanting to improve it and never be happy with it, where as if I get an out and out crawler, thats what it is, not scale, not nothing!

been looking at the Axial website and other forums. (rccrawlers and rctech)

dont know when though, saving to buy a house and Mrs Hay Ewe probably wont have a job from tomorrow onwards....

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #490
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
I can say that I have been in nearly all aspects of RC, cars, trucks, boats, helis, both nitro and electric in the cars and boats, electric only in the flying bits. Spent a summer working at the local hobby shop and never took home a paycheck, did end up with a well setup Revo with an OS.18 TZ in it and an OFNA Hyper 7 PBS with an OS .21 with some high end radio gear.

Built my own crawlers from scratch/kit bashed them from multiple trucks. I'll post pics of my fleet below.

Tamiya High Lift, 4x4 with a 3 speed shifted from the radio shown. Functional leaf spring suspension and steel driveshafts with locked differentials.

Tranny guts for the HiLift

Hyper 7 when it had an OS .30 in it, note the bulged rear tire, shredded the internal foam on a GPS speed run. Topped out at 50 mph, not fast by today's standards though

Custom built 6x6 with a manual 3 speed tranny from a Tamiya Big rig, using a Traxxas Stampede tranny as a transfer case, and a custom modified mid axle with rear output. This was run with the same radio as the HiLift above. With that driveline setup it had a 90:1 first gear ratio, I pulled a 70lb lawnmower cart with it.

Brushless powered stampede that ran in the mid 40 mph range, had a custom carbon fiber chassis.

The aforementioned Revo.

A modelling classic, the Tamiya Mountaineer, manual 3 speed tranny with a working t-case, 1st gear was 4x4, 2nd and 3rd was 2wd.

Brushless mini Revo, would run 50+mph on 2 batteries that were only $15 each.

2nd generation E-maxx, yes that is a shower cap, the electronics weren't waterproof as they are now on a lot of models.

From left to right, Custom built rock crawler (based loosely on the Tamiya Clodbuster and TXT-1), Savage .25, Custom 6x6, ARK X-400 heli, Brushless Stampede from above with a different lid, Tamiya Toureg (CC01? chassis) with a lexan Clodbuster lid, GWS Dragonfly heli.

Clod, Savage, Stampede, Stampede (built for my cousin's B-day)

6x6, HiLift, Toureg

Clod crawler in action

Not pictured are my swampbuggy/airboat that has an OS .46 plane motor on it, my Tower Trainer 40 nitro plane with a 60" wingspan or my brushless GWS SlowStick with full symmetric wing with ailerons.

Alas, the vehicles not shown are the only ones I have left
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #491
Hay Ewe
Just a Wannabe

Oddometer: 2,437
WOW!
the 6x6 - awesome

I build quite a lot of stuff out of lego but have never been abel to buuild succsesful steering / suspension / drive (I have built it but its not been sucsesful to my standards / requirements)

what I think I like about the RC crawlers is that they appear just like a big lego kit, but the next step

thanks

Hay Ewe
He'd swear a lot, dance on the log cards, piss in Johnny's beer and head off to the nearest bar 🍷
Hay Ewe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #492
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Hey Ewe,

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAKLT&P=ML

Or, if you do not mind an "off" brand for less
http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c872-maxst...een-24ghz.html
Old 12-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #493
Vic-klr
TEETET Aventuras T el T

Oddometer: 252
here is some of my r/c
2 blitz one for racing and the black one for bashin
T4 and B4 for racing
axial scorpion fro crawling
axial scaler honcho
lossi micro crawler that is the beat one
hyper st nitro truggy

Old 12-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #494
bryantjt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 967
Love the desktop crawler! Ever check out the German table top trials? Similar idea but with scale Unimogs and whatnot.
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:42 PM   #495
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 9,529
Man you guys have some cool collections.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: