Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #916
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radu View Post
Has anybody seen this yet ? http://youtu.be/dcDN409ZBv4sorry if this was already posted .
I've seen the building and flying threads and a few other vids, but not that one. Thanks!
DakarNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #917
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,296
Go to youtube.com

Search user "TheDmel".

Badass!
DakarNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #918
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,423
This came in the other day:

I laid it out, and built a holder for it. It's going to drive me crazy waiting for everything to come it. I will start doing as much as I can until servos, motor, ESC, and super cubby landing gear get in.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #919
I_FLY_LOW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
This came in the other day:

I laid it out, and built a holder for it. It's going to drive me crazy waiting for everything to come it. I will start doing as much as I can until servos, motor, ESC, and super cubby landing gear get in.
Which one is that? Hobby King's?
I like the color scheme.
I_FLY_LOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #920
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,056
Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #921
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_FLY_LOW View Post
Which one is that? Hobby King's?
I like the color scheme.
Yup, hobbyking 1600mm clipped wing. $50 plus shipping from the US warehouse.Can't be beat. A tip, they only add $5 for an additional plane, so might as well stock up when ordering.

The landing gear sucks, so I ordered the gear from the eflite super cub for it. Should be suitable. I will also be putting bigger tires, but probably not the balloon tires from my 182.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 AM   #922
YamaGeek
Ancient trailbike padwan

Oddometer: 5,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobonli View Post
The price by itself doesn't worry me so long as I will benefit from it. Is it suitable for learning the controls from a beginner standpoint? I'm sure there is plenty of room to grow into it.

I have a beater XP Dell but the power supply and USB are shot, so I'd rather invest in something that will work with what I have and they are macs.
FlightGear runs on Macs, with the Mac OS download. Get the 2.4 version..http://www.flightgear.org/download/main-program/

And yes it's a full size aircraft simulator, but they have a Sig Rascal 110 and an RC glider in their download pages. Just don't fly online at KSFO as everyone flys there and the frame rates and lags are terrible. Livermore or San Jose are better for online.

YamaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #923
I_FLY_LOW
Beastly Adventurer

The intrest has been sparked to get started on a new project...
I've got an ARC version of the World Models Midget Mustang, 60 size, NIB, in my collection.
This past week, I wound up with a couple extra YS 110's...

What sparked the sudden intrest?
This:
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #924
I_FLY_LOW
Beastly Adventurer

I like this....
Plane's not bad either...
http://www.modelairplanenews.com/blo...0%26%20more%21

Old 02-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #925
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaGeek View Post
FlightGear runs on Macs, with the Mac OS download. Get the 2.4 version..http://www.flightgear.org/download/main-program/

And yes it's a full size aircraft simulator, but they have a Sig Rascal 110 and an RC glider in their download pages. Just don't fly online at KSFO as everyone flys there and the frame rates and lags are terrible. Livermore or San Jose are better for online.
I convinced myself that Aerofly is worth the investment and now, of course, I can't find a single place that sells or stocks it!! Story of my life. Tower Hobbies says it's discontinued which makes me wonder if it is even worth it to buy it directly from Ikarus.
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:40 AM   #926
Bobonli
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 357
Web referral please

I think I'm going to invest the time to learn how to properly fly RC planes. Get the AMA card etc and join a club with a field. Please recommend a good RC website to use as a resource. Something like Adv Rider, with people who are (mostly) serious adults willing to help one another.

I did a quick Google search and there are dozens of sites but I'm a lazy ass in the sense that I don't want to have to spend days monitoring each to see which ones are helpful versus those populated by 10 year olds. Not that there aren't knowledgeable 10 year olds! You know what I mean. Please shorten the learning curve to finding a good resource.

Thanks
Bob
Bobonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:09 AM   #927
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I think I'm going to invest the time to learn how to properly fly RC planes. Get the AMA card etc and join a club with a field. Please recommend a good RC website to use as a resource. Something like Adv Rider, with people who are (mostly) serious adults willing to help one another.

I did a quick Google search and there are dozens of sites but I'm a lazy ass in the sense that I don't want to have to spend days monitoring each to see which ones are helpful versus those populated by 10 year olds. Not that there aren't knowledgeable 10 year olds! You know what I mean. Please shorten the learning curve to finding a good resource.

Thanks
Bob
I use RCgroups.com. Best that I have seen.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #928
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Took out the Texan today. First time flying with my new Spektrum DX6i. I used an orange RX that I bought off Amazon since I couldn't wait for the ones for HK to come in. It was $20 on amazon with free 2 day air with my prime membership. I was pleased that I got a range test of approx. 75 paces. The manual with the TX says that it needs at least 30 paces. I was very impressed with that.

I am much happier with my DX6i than I was with that flysky/turnigy radio. I flew with it the other day to test it before I put it up for sale. I am convinced that my problems I was having with it earlier were from not using D/R or expo on the Texan, and aileron separation on my Cessna. Not the radio iteself. I placed it on ebay and the current bid is higher than I paid for the radio. Go figure.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #929
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,217
If you are going electric, checkout http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php

Quote:

Thanks
Bob
Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #930
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,217
I use these in a few of my birds - http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...hz-DSM2/Detail - and they work very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Took out the Texan today. First time flying with my new Spektrum DX6i. I used an orange RX that I bought off Amazon since I couldn't wait for the ones for HK to come in. .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: