User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #1246
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,856
Anyone have any first hand experience with Banana Hobby? The aircraft forums that I've been browsing have been pretty harsh on them but its a lil hard to tell what is actually happening.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 PM   #1247
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadams View Post
So, here's the pics of my new tackle box... I don't think I've ever been this excited about a hunk of plastic before.

... plus 2 more drawers that don't have anything in them, yet.

Had the truck out for a while tonight... that spur gear really needs to be replaced, but the MERV keeps on trucking... only slightly louder than normal.

Now that is SWEET!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #1248
RC Pilot OP
Shut up and fly!

Oddometer: 5,433
Nice find with the tacklebox!

My RC projects are on hold, the Bandit needs a starter clutch.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:38 AM   #1249
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Heater View Post
Anyone have any first hand experience with Banana Hobby? The aircraft forums that I've been browsing have been pretty harsh on them but its a lil hard to tell what is actually happening.
I have ordered from them in the past....but only little stuff, props and the like and never had a problem....truth be known I was a little afraid to dive into the airplane stuff with them as well just because of the reviews. Quite a few seem to have problems with them, where the fan boys come across as too much as....well...fan boys. Now that they are the only US supplier of FMS I may have to give them a try.

I will say that RC Castle (chinese) is super great to deal with....I messed up my order for my FMS He-123 (sweet flyer btw) and they where nothing short of fantastic. I paid my money but the thing did not show shipped...about a week later I sent them a note thinking all the time I am out $150 and I got a reply back a few hours later....asked another question another reply and my item was in the mail with them sending me a note back with all the shipping info....better customer service could not be had. Shipping was a bear tho...coming from over seas and all. But GREAT company to deal with....never hear a story like that with banana.....I use to use NitroPlanes, but they no longer sell FMS (was sold by them under the airfield name) and not all airfield planes are FMS...so take caution there. FMS is great, but you do have to look things over a bit more....on my 123 I had to install hinges on control surfaces, and one screw was missing from a servo horn...plane is great flyer tho....just like a trainer...good first 4 chanel plane for anyone IMHO.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #1250
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarNick View Post
Thanks! Those are nice, too. That micro A-10 is my favorite but its out of stock!
Try RC Castle I think that the A-10 is FMS and they sell them as well....over seas but see my above post on them.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:44 AM   #1251
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadams View Post
So, here's the pics of my new tackle box... I don't think I've ever been this excited about a hunk of plastic before.

... plus 2 more drawers that don't have anything in them, yet.

Had the truck out for a while tonight... that spur gear really needs to be replaced, but the MERV keeps on trucking... only slightly louder than normal.
That is the only way to fly...you also need to toss in there some screw drivers, little plyers, strapping tape, body clips (think hardware store not hobby store) extra wheel nuts...all that stuff.

If you guys are planning on racing it will grow and grow....back in the day I had extra a-arms, wheels tires....heck all in a rolling case....and a bag for the car. Racing back in the 90's was so much fun...different then today....first touring cars tons of fun...ta02 and such....before they got insane like they are today....newest touring car I have is an TA-05 and that is a super good car....but I still like my 03, and love my Dual Sport....when I raced a few years ago I ran car bodies that LOOK LIKE A FLIPPIN CAR....amazing to all they still did pretty well...with old cars and a rusty driver.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #1252
nadams
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPGT72 View Post
That is the only way to fly...you also need to toss in there some screw drivers, little plyers, strapping tape, body clips (think hardware store not hobby store) extra wheel nuts...all that stuff.

If you guys are planning on racing it will grow and grow....back in the day I had extra a-arms, wheels tires....heck all in a rolling case....and a bag for the car. Racing back in the 90's was so much fun...different then today....first touring cars tons of fun...ta02 and such....before they got insane like they are today....newest touring car I have is an TA-05 and that is a super good car....but I still like my 03, and love my Dual Sport....when I raced a few years ago I ran car bodies that LOOK LIKE A FLIPPIN CAR....amazing to all they still did pretty well...with old cars and a rusty driver.
I'll be stocking this with spare parts before our week-long camping trip, for sure. It's always good to have an extra set of A arms, some spur and pinion gears, and extra slipper, some wheel nuts, etc etc.

Being that this is a new-to-me car, I haven't had the chance to get stocked up. One nice thing, the parts for the MERV are cheap!
nadams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #1253
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Great Planes has a micro ducted fan F-86. $140 at my LHS.

Pros:
F-86
Comes with a free AnyLink 2.4 module ($30 value)
Available now
$30 cheaper than soon-to-be-out E-Flite Mig-15. Will be same price once AnyLink deal is done and sold separately.
Uses rotary (not linear) servos

Cons:
Foam not as good as Z-Foam
Have to use AnyLink with my Spektrum DS7S
No steerable nosegear (Mig's is steerable)

Decisions, decisions...

http://www.greatplanes.com/airplanes/gpma1771.html
I can't believe I forgot about another place for you to check out....Hobby-lobby....not the art and craft place but the online place. Great place and good planes

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/f_86_sabr...34360_prd1.htm

Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #1254
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,545
Thanks! BTW, I put a G.T. Power charger in the Flea Market.
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #1255
pilot815
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Concerning Banana Hobby.

The complaints that I have seen about them seem to come from those that are inexperienced. For while, I watched their facebook page and the complaints seemed to be from people that didn't know what they were doing, and a lot of the damage seemed to be crash damage that they were passing off as broken out of the box. They seemed to be doing an alright job taking care of the customer. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them now. Seems like they cleaned things up a bit.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:41 PM   #1256
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,628
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #1257
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
Concerning Banana Hobby.

The complaints that I have seen about them seem to come from those that are inexperienced. For while, I watched their facebook page and the complaints seemed to be from people that didn't know what they were doing, and a lot of the damage seemed to be crash damage that they were passing off as broken out of the box. They seemed to be doing an alright job taking care of the customer. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them now. Seems like they cleaned things up a bit.
I am on the fence on getting some things from them...got some cash burning a hole in my pocket. Looking at the F4 I posted pics of above, and the FMS Zero. I bought my skyraider and stuka from nitroplanes before they lost their FMS deal, and the HE123 from RC Castle.....RC castle is GREAT (can't stress that enough) to deal with....I think I posted up my story elsewhere before.

And their P40

I already have three FMS planes, one little 800mm Sky raider the big Stuka and the 1100 He-123. The 123 will fly like a sweet heart...no bad habits just nice steady great plane in the air....some build problems, forgot screw on one of the servo horns and control hinges had to be added, but nothing big...well worth the $130 price....and when looking at the new PZ albatros (that I also want) it goes for near $200 for the same size plane....it is true what everyone says you get a lot for your money with FMS but be ready to spend some time checking it out first. The little sky raider likes to be flown fast...and will tip stall (ask me how I know...but epoxy is great) and I have not gotten the stuka in the air yet....could have flown last night but was not in a good mood, not the time to fly.

In the end I would like both the p40 and zero....to of my fave planes, I had an old GWS zero years ago, (brushed and nickel days) and actually loved the plane once I got the CG right....been looking for a new one.

I want to add, I fly out of my front yard (I live on 13ac and have 20+ on each side of me) and it is very rough...old farm field the 123 took off great and nosed over on landing....more me then it...but it was pretty bouncy and the gear held up great....a little worried about the retract gear tho....I could always ROG to takeoff ripp them off the ground quick then belly land them....got a 1000lb roller to work on smoothing things out....but I need a little rain to soften things up a bit first.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #1258
Saget
Not quite a full house

Oddometer: 470
Just out flying around the neighborhood again.

2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
Saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #1259
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saget View Post
Just out flying around the neighborhood again.

Saget, can you link that please? My phone is being a butthead.
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #1260
Saget
Not quite a full house

Oddometer: 470
Quote:
Saget, can you link that please? My phone is being a butthead.
Try this: http://youtu.be/91d_uLjN8EA?hd=1
2008 Kaw Connie14
2005 Kaw KLR650
Saget is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: