Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #15361
RDTCU
Banned

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
That's what happens when you touch your brakes in a curve!
My guess is he got back on the throttle too hard too early. Back tire is still spinning, brake light isn't on.
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #15362
kerhonky
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStephen View Post
Yeah "convicted" as in something you have felt commited to in a Faith way not a legal or mental health sense. This is part of the Bible Belt in the nation and so the culture here still remains one of churches, Sunday School, Vacation Bible school and such. So there are those that express this Faith and what they have come to believe in with many different expressions. Bearing a cross visually is but one.

NCS
Vacation Bible School. How much more confusing could it get for a kid?

"Yay, I'm on vacation! Oh, you mean I have to study the bible on vacation? Wait, I'm in school, too? I thought I was on vacation."

Poor bastards.

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramiriez, otherwise known as "The Rat."
kerhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #15363
Blueshark
Coastal Castaway

Oddometer: 172
Fail

Motorcycle Operator Convicted Of Vehicular Manslaughter

The operator of a motorcycle whose passenger was killed in an accident on the parkway last summer has been convicted of vehicular manslaughter. Plateau District rangers were called to the scene of a single motorcycle collision on the park on August 26, 2011. The operator of the motorcycle was identified as David Simmons and his passenger was identified as a Pamela Mullins. The motorcycle was travelling north when it collided with a stone median that separates the northbound and southbound lanes. Both Simmons and Mullins were ejected from the motorcycle. Mullins was pronounced dead at the scene and Simmons was airlifted to Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Both Simmons and Mullins were under the influence of alcohol when the collision occurred. Multiple charges were filed on Simmons by the state. The collision was investigated by rangers, Botetourt County Sheriff’s Department officers, and by the Blue Ridge Regional Crash Team. Earlier this month, Simmons was found guilty of vehicular manslaughter in Botetourt County District Court. Sentencing is scheduled for November 8th, at which time Simmons’ will be sentenced to 18 months in jail.

Contact Information
Name: Bobby D. Miller, Plateau District Ranger
Blueshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #15364
turnenem
TBD

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
where is that? I am going there right now to lay 'er down!
turnenem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #15365
tedder
irregular

Oddometer: 8,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCStephen View Post
Yeah "convicted" as in something you have felt commited to in a Faith way not a legal or mental health sense. This is part of the Bible Belt in the nation and so the culture here still remains one of churches, Sunday School, Vacation Bible school and such. So there are those that express this Faith and what they have come to believe in with many different expressions. Bearing a cross visually is but one.
Like I said, I have faith the aliens are talking to me.

And my conservative religious family makes sure we do the shopping on sunday so they don't have to sin.
tedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #15366
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post

The operator of a motorcycle whose passenger was killed in an accident on the parkway last summer has been convicted of vehicular manslaughter. Plateau District rangers were called to the scene of a single motorcycle collision on the park on August 26, 2011. The operator of the motorcycle was identified as David Simmons and his passenger was identified as a Pamela Mullins. The motorcycle was travelling north when it collided with a stone median that separates the northbound and southbound lanes. Both Simmons and Mullins were ejected from the motorcycle. Mullins was pronounced dead at the scene and Simmons was airlifted to Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Both Simmons and Mullins were under the influence of alcohol when the collision occurred. Multiple charges were filed on Simmons by the state. The collision was investigated by rangers, Botetourt County Sheriff’s Department officers, and by the Blue Ridge Regional Crash Team. Earlier this month, Simmons was found guilty of vehicular manslaughter in Botetourt County District Court. Sentencing is scheduled for November 8th, at which time Simmons’ will be sentenced to 18 months in jail.

Contact Information
To think - a simple $20 Guardian Bell could have prevented all this

Quote:
Originally Posted by caponerd View Post
I don't know about the trail, but I do know that extended forks on one of those is a gaurantee that the middle cylinder is going to have a short life.

The front fender is designed to duct extra air towards the center cylinder, and any modification to the front end geometry will have a negative effect.
I'd understand if he lowered it... but by raising it that center cylinder is most likely being hit by direct airflow where it wasn't before (it needed the ducting from the fender).
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #15367
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,418
Quote:
how many self righteous people are there in the country?

self righteous ???

do you feel the need to belittle others?

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #15368
warrior1677
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandStrom View Post
Hmmm. I've never really understood trikes. All the negatives of a bike but none of the positives. It's like a small convertible that will always leak in the rain.

For me, the reason to be on a bike is to be able to lean into a corner. I love it. That's why I would rather ride a twisty road than drive it. The day that I can no longer ride, I just don't see a trike in my garage.

Of course other people have other opinions, and want a bike you can't lean. That's cool if it's what you want.
Maybe by the time your ready for a trike this will be ready.
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/09/bmw-simple-concept/

"Ladies, if your man puts straight gas in a chainsaw, you have a girlfriend." gtn
warrior1677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #15369
daveoneshot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
If you're gonna carry a cross these days it should be no less than 4" by 6" lumber, pressure treated. If you really mean business it oughta be 6" by 6". Oh, and NO WHEELS !! NO sun protection, either. Or water bottles. Or doo rags.
daveoneshot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #15370
Electrojake
Career Neophyte

Oddometer: 68
Quote:

The operator of a motorcycle (David Simmons) whose passenger was killed in the accident, has been convicted of vehicular manslaughter.

The motorcycle was traveling north when it collided with a stone median that separates the northbound and southbound lanes. Both Simmons and Mullins were ejected from the motorcycle. Mullins was pronounced dead at the scene and Simmons was airlifted to Roanoke Memorial Hospital.
Both Simmons and Mullins were under the influence of alcohol when the collision occurred.
Multiple charges were filed on Simmons by the state. Simmons’ will be sentenced to 18 months in jail.

Contact Information
Um, on the Dragon?

Old 08-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #15371
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,026
Quote:
Motorcycle Operator Convicted Of Vehicular Manslaughter..........

Sentencing is scheduled for November 8th, at which time Simmons’ will be sentenced to 18 months in jail.

Contact Information
but still not enough time.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #15372
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
self righteous ???

do you feel the need to belittle others?
nope. what is the purpose of this act? to prove how Pius he is? look at me!!! nonsense. if you have religious beliefs, help someone.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #15373
100mpg
This sentance intent

now thats funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Um, on the Dragon?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #15374
FatherX
demisocial

Oddometer: 4,491
pics much?

Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 PM   #15375
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,718
Quote:
nope. what is the purpose of this act? to prove how Pius he is? look at me!!! nonsense. if you have religious beliefs, help someone.
+1

Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote