Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #1951
spaiduhz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot815 View Post
This guy crossed the yellow in a turn and it didnt turn out so well for him:

http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=28108
I can't recognize the bike anymore. Goodness. Poor driver.

Happily driving along, minding her own business, when a bike comes hurtling along for a head on collision. She killed someone, even though it was not her fault. Can you imagine the stigma of killing someone?

Rider dude was probably trying too hard to impress his friends.
spaiduhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:38 PM   #1952
rikki tikki tavi
mongoose is gone

Oddometer: 257
Rider dude was not killed.

In hospital with head and arm injuries and a broken leg. Also indicated that he was wearing a helmet and "protective gear".

I agree with earlier comment that target fixation led to the impact.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:51 PM   #1953
SgtDuster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstrom6 View Post

I agree with earlier comment that target fixation led to the impact.
Were there?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #1954
Reryder
Onward through the fog...

Oddometer: 1,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaiduhz View Post

Happily driving along, minding her own business, when a bike comes hurtling along for a head on collision. She killed someone, even though it was not her fault. Can you imagine the stigma of killing someone?

It is a shocker. He must have been going a good rate of knots. Yet, not that much damage to the Jeep.
Yes shocking for her, and for the rider. He was only 19. I'd guess that one way or another inexperience played its part. Damn. Hard way to learn.

Reryder (AKA Hopper)
1977 Harley Sportster
81 BMWR100RS
01 HONDA VFR800
99 SV650
Ancient Harley 45, Snortster (Sporty engine in a Norton), Norton Atlas, Honda 350/4, Ariel HS scrambler
Reryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 04:21 AM   #1955
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Quote:

The woman driving the Jeep didn't kill anyone. Even if the motorcyclist died she still would not have killed anyone. There is no stigma in having a motorcyclist who was unable to control his motorcycle hit your vehicle. The motorcyclist is solely responsible for his actions which left him severely injured. The motorcyclist is also solely responsible for his actions which injured the driver of the Jeep.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #1956
spaiduhz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Quote:

The woman driving the Jeep didn't kill anyone. Even if the motorcyclist died she still would not have killed anyone. There is no stigma in having a motorcyclist who was unable to control his motorcycle hit your vehicle. The motorcyclist is solely responsible for his actions which left him severely injured. The motorcyclist is also solely responsible for his actions which injured the driver of the Jeep.

Ok, biker dude didn't die. My bad.

If he did, things will be rough for driver dame. We know It's not her fault, but not everyone is rational.

It's like the time I hit a kid who was dashing across the street in a mad dash to catch a bus. I managed to slow down enough to ensure the both of us had very minor injuries, but everyone who didn't see the accident unfold automatically assumed it was my fault, somehow.
spaiduhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #1957
BUBB
lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer: 20,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post
you've made a good point.
BUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:21 AM   #1958
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Quote:
Ok, biker dude didn't die. My bad.

If he did, things will be rough for driver dame. We know It's not her fault, but not everyone is rational.

It's like the time I hit a kid who was dashing across the street in a mad dash to catch a bus. I managed to slow down enough to ensure the both of us had very minor injuries, but everyone who didn't see the accident unfold automatically assumed it was my fault, somehow.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #1959
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
If a commercial CDL driver is involved and it is a fatality accident it most defiantly can.

I worked with a guy who was involved in a fatality accident. Driver under the influence, traveling at high speed clipped his stationary trailer and killed himself and a passenger.

He couldn't work for almost 2 years while he went through a lawsuit against his company, and a civil suit. Lost his house, truck, and a divorce to boot. Lost it all.

His negligence?
He was stopped in line at a toll booth, They closed the lane he was in, part of his trailer was still in the closed lane as he moved over a car length at a time. The driver was going to crash the closed gate at 75mph?
Yes, he was eventually found innocent of any fault, but at a huge price.

Innocent victims can suffer in many ways.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:38 AM   #1960
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
Good God, Alert The Media!

It's clearly a sign of The Apocalypse!

I completely, 100% totally, agree with G'strasse that the woman in the Jeep shouldn't feel any different than if a large insect had splatted into her windshield!

Of course all of the technology designed into that recent model sportbike couldn't trump stupid.

The protective gear that squid boy was wearing allowed him to cheat Darwin and ultimately contributes to the decline of the human race because he will now use his exciting and miraculous story of survival to induce sympathetic females to breed with him.
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #1961
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,398
OR, he might learn a lesson

Just sayin'.

Or not.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #1962
KLRonbo
n00b

Oddometer: 7
hah that just about made the diet coke go out the nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
This one time at Band Camp...

KLRonbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:36 AM   #1963
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
If a commercial CDL driver is involved and it is a fatality accident it most defiantly can.

I worked with a guy who was involved in a fatality accident. Driver under the influence, traveling at high speed clipped his stationary trailer and killed himself and a passenger.

He couldn't work for almost 2 years while he went through a lawsuit against his company, and a civil suit. Lost his house, truck, and a divorce to boot. Lost it all.

His negligence?
He was stopped in line at a toll booth, They closed the lane he was in, part of his trailer was still in the closed lane as he moved over a car length at a time. The driver was going to crash the closed gate at 75mph?
Yes, he was eventually found innocent of any fault, but at a huge price.

Innocent victims can suffer in many ways.
Life isn't fair. If the driver was not at fault then the driver was not at fault. If his company acted inappropriately then they are liable for whatever damages they caused, that's why we have courts.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #1964
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Quote:
Life isn't fair. If the driver was not at fault then the driver was not at fault. If his company acted inappropriately then they are liable for whatever damages they caused, that's why we have courts.
Problem is to certain lawyers, trucking company equals big settlement. Even when the driver and company are completely without fault, legal expenses are astronomical, especially to the driver who wont be allowed to work until it is settled.

Life isn't fair, but it really sucks when innocent victims get victimized a second time.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #1965
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,708
Quote:
I thought the reason we had courts was to keep the ambulance chasers...er...lawyers gainfully employed. They are the only ones who seem to benefit from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Problem is to certain lawyers, trucking company equals big settlement. Even when the driver and company are completely without fault, legal expenses are astronomical, especially to the driver who wont be allowed to work until it is settled.

Life isn't fair, but it really sucks when innocent victims get victimized a second time.

Sorry to hear about your co-worker windmill. That is F'ed up to say the least!

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote