ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #23416
ColdWater
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Barton Springs, Texas
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
Note: if you ever *do* have to worry about the deer behind you, be damn afraid of that deer.
Watch out for the wolves behind you.

More info!
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/06...akes-pictures/
Forget if this came from this forum or another
ColdWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #23417
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer
 
clocklaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, TN
Oddometer: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by car94 View Post
You are right, I have no way of knowing if she was Extremely Militant. But her attitude and manner of dress, men's pants.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
How does an unaccountably bad tempered woman become an extremely militant lesbian? From your description, a crabby bitch maybe ... but lesbian? (certainly not an extremely militant one)
My guess is that she was just tired of every 70 year old horn dog within a 10 mile radius wanting to chat her up about her bike......or because she dumped it on the dragon???

Looks like her name is Laurie.....she tagged herself in this one.
__________________
2005 FJR1300 - "my Blue Angel" 2005 FZ1 - "Shazaam"
My Twins are Twins!
1992 TDM850 - "Ginger" & 1993 TDM850 - "Raven"
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #23418
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 52,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by clocklaw View Post
My guess is that she was just tired of every 70 year old horn dog within a 10 mile radius wanting to chat her up about her bike......or because she dumped it on the dragon???

Looks like her name is Laurie.....she tagged herself in this one.
In my experience MOST women in motorsports are fine with the attention. If you are not, you won't last long as it is a predominently male sport.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #23419
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
In my experience MOST women in motorsports are fine with the attention. If you are not, you won't last long as it is a predominently male sport.

Jim
GF works team race support for ALMS, I have a lot of "small world" moments with the people I run into in motorsports.
She got plenty of attention in engineering school, got the DEI scholorship/internship. She graduated a few years behind me. She doesn't really enjoy the attention, she just blocks it out most of the time so she can actually get stuff done.
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #23420
20valves
Yamaholic
 
20valves's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Sorry! I was applying intelligent comprehension but had not considered that the OP may be a narcissistic bigot. Doesn't this sub-topic belong in the stereotypes thread?
But then we'd have to put your response in the humorless, politically correct, whiney, self-righteous, self absorbed, gas bag thread.
__________________
'14 500 EXC, '06 R1 LE, '13 FJR, '12 XTZ12, '09 T Max
20valves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #23421
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes
 
slartidbartfast's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
Oddometer: 4,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valves View Post
But then we'd have to put your response in the humorless, politically correct, whiney, self-righteous, self absorbed, gas bag thread.
__________________
MSF Ridercoach IBA: 35353 95 R1100GSA, 93 GTS1000, 85 R80RT, 93 DR350/435, 99 RX125, 78 DT100
January 2010 New Zealand South Island ride
Summer 2009 UK to Alps ride
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #23422
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 52,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
GF works team race support for ALMS, I have a lot of "small world" moments with the people I run into in motorsports.
She got plenty of attention in engineering school, got the DEI scholorship/internship. She graduated a few years behind me. She doesn't really enjoy the attention, she just blocks it out most of the time so she can actually get stuff done.
But is she an ass about it, or just ignores the attention? Seems the person we are discussing has a big chip on her shoulder.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #23423
joexr
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: You're Mama
Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
But is she an ass about it, or just ignores the attention? Seems the person we are discussing has a big chip on her shoulder.

Jim
That's because she's from Lebanon.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #23424
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Oddometer: 5,087
Run out of pictures again?
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 AM   #23425
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Oddometer: 5,087
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #23426
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NOVA for now...
Oddometer: 8,696
While we're waiting for new photos...

The new 2014 Harley lineup will feature linked brakes. Finally, a way to get HD riders to use the front brake.

__________________
Sit Stay Ride: The Story of America's Sidecar Dogs
More info at www.sidecardogs.com

Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #23427
Navy Chief
Beastly Adventurer
 
Navy Chief's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Waynesboro, PA
Oddometer: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
While we're waiting for new photos...

The new 2014 Harley lineup will feature linked brakes. Finally, a way to get HD riders to use the front brake.
Crap they are all going to be flying over the handlebars.... Watch the HD forums for creative ways to disable this clearly dangerous feature....
Navy Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #23428
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer
 
Dave in Wi's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Madison WI (40 Square Miles Surrounded By Reality)
Oddometer: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
Watch the HD forums for creative ways to disable this clearly dangerous feature....
You're laughing but you know it will happen...
__________________
Dave in WI
2002 ZRX1200R
1975 XL100
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 AM   #23429
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon
 
Schlug's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: put something on and stay in that position.
Oddometer: 7,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
Well either ?she? can't see the speedometer clearly or she should have had those raw clams for dinner last night....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbasa View Post
She's discovering the joys of an open faced helmet in the rain.
And she's discovering the joy of trying to look through a windscreen that is covered with rain and road grime.

Any windscreen too tall to look over top is dangerous as hell. Might make for a better "rolling lounge chair" but it is a big, sloppy, shitey mess to see through when it does rain. Better stop under an overpass and park it.

(do NOT touch the front brake though or you'll go straight over the handlebars)
__________________
"So what makes this protest different is that you're set to die, Bobby?"
--May well come to that.
"You start a hunger strike to protest for what you believe in. You don't start already determined to die or am I missing somethin' here?"
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #23430
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
And she's discovering the joy of trying to look through a windscreen that is covered with rain and road grime.

Any windscreen too tall to look over top is dangerous as hell. Might make for a better "rolling lounge chair" but it is a big, sloppy, shitey mess to see through when it does rain. Better stop under an overpass and park it.

(do NOT touch the front brake though or you'll go straight over the handlebars)

Looks like she's available, though
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015