Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #23551
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss

Oddometer: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin44 View Post
FF's don't put flames on stuff (not if they're thinking, anyways ). We fight 'em, we don't light 'em. FF's having flames on stuff is like cops with pictures of homicidal lunatics on their stuff, IMO.
I think the FF reference was to FYYFF... not Fire Fighters.
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #23552
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
I think the FF reference was to FYYFF... not Fire Fighters.

Well poop. I'm at work and didn't think of any other thing for "FF" than firefighter.

BTW, there are a lot of FF (firefighters) that do have flames on stuff. I just think it's sad, lol.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #23553
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by aferiksson View Post
Maybe not, but that will still hurt a lot in some crashes. You also have other cars, bikes and trucks going in the opposite direction. I would not bring a kid to a ride on a road like that, but I guess I'm just a scared n00b.
lock your kids in the basement is the safest thing for them (unless you have radon )....anything else beyond that is risk.
freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #23554
aferiksson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Been riding my granddaughter behind me since she was 3 years old.

A road like that, what does that mean?

You may need to keep your kids under the bed until they are 21 and can think for themselves.

Don't be scared of what might happen.
A road full of drivers loaded with testosterone is what I mean, and especially while wearing no gear whatsoever. I know he's probably driving slow, but that won't help if a reckless Miata driver hits him.

One of my sons is 21 now, and the other 16 - I just let them out from the basement a few weeks back ;)
aferiksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #23555
aferiksson
Adventurer

I'm sorry I brought it up, but I suppose it's only ok to scold the Harley drivers when they fall over and hurt themselves, and not when they bring their kids in for the ride (and/or fall).

I guess us Swedes are a bit over protective and have to learn that it's perfectly safe driving with your kids wearing no protection at all. I might have to cut the seatbelts out of my cages as well.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #23556
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,102
Quote:
A road full of drivers loaded with testosterone is what I mean, and especially while wearing no gear whatsoever. I know he's probably driving slow, but that won't help if a reckless Miata driver hits him.

One of my sons is 21 now, and the other 16 - I just let them out from the basement a few weeks back ;)

When was the last time you were on that road?

I live 30 miles from the overlook, and some times you can go the 11 miles and not meet another bike.
The Internet and real life can be deceiving.

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #23557
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offcamber View Post
FAIL!!

Feet not touching the footrest, helmet doesn't fit, No jacket no gloves or boots.
Quote:
As a father of two I consider this image seriously disturbing. Anyone driving with their kids like this at high speed should get all their drivers licenses revoked, the bikes/cars sold to charity and a really hurting fine.

Of course the kid thinks it's fun, but it's really really unresponsible.
Look at that bike....nothing about it is high speed.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #23558
aferiksson
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
When was the last time you were on that road?

I live 30 miles from the overlook, and some times you can go the 11 miles and not meet another bike.
The Internet and real life can be deceiving.
I've never been on that road, but I still would not ride it with a kid without gear behind me. That kid would probably not look quite that happy if they for some reason fall over (and yes, that can happen at low speeds as well).

I'm baffled that some of you guys feel it's ok to ride with kids without no gear whatsoever, and still complain about the fails going on in the images - IMO that's an even worse fail. Anyway - IMO if you drive with a kid 2up like that, and anything happens - do you still think its ok?

Never mind - I will not win this argument, so just forget about it and keep riding the way you do.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #23559
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Look at that bike....nothing about it is high speed.
The owner looks like he can get through the buffet line at high speed......
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #23560
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
I've never been on that road, but I still would not ride it with a kid without gear behind me. That kid would probably not look quite that happy if they for some reason fall over (and yes, that can happen at low speeds as well).

I'm baffled that some of you guys feel it's ok to ride with kids without no gear whatsoever, and still complain about the fails going on in the images - IMO that's an even worse fail. Anyway - IMO if you drive with a kid 2up like that, and anything happens - do you still think its ok?

Never mind - I will not win this argument, so just forget about it and keep riding the way you do.
I think in one of your previous posts, you seemed to indicate you would not bring a kid for a ride on "that road" this is where you're getting the flames from, I think.
You said you don't even have a MC license yet, but you're able to judge speed from a still photo, and have passed judgement on a section of road you've never even seen much less ridden.
You come off as bit of a pompous no it all who hasn't done anything.
Not trying to be insulting here, although it does sound it a bit.
I think the real problem is the ill fitted helmet, and lack of other gear.
At least get the kid a helmet that fits, the damn thing could cause a spinal cord injury in a quick stop!!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #23561
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,792
There's a full continuum from slow and ATGATT through to semi-naked recklessness with a dozen other factors such as skill and road conditions affecting risk. Personally, I am a bit uncomfortable with what I see but I wouldn't go so far as to call it child endangerment. It's the choice of the rider and the kid's parents (I'm thinking he is more likely Grandpa than Dad.)

Personally, if I could afford a nice cruiser like that, I could sure as hell afford to buy a properly-fitting helmet for the kid so you do wonder what the f**k he was thinking! I doubt taking the kid out was a totally spur-of-the-moment decision.

My daughter went around the block a couple of times dressed in long pants and a sweatshirt (with a reasonably well fitting borrowed helmet) when she was big enough to reach the pegs but before her first ever trip of more than 1/2-mile, she had leathers, gloves and boots. She only rides with me a couple of times per year but has full sets of protective gear both here and in the UK. The proper equipment was not terribly expensive (compared to the value I place on my daughter's skin,) affords a great deal of real protection and peace of mind for me and her mother, and sets a good example for her to follow in later years.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #23562
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #23563
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,221
and, all those years of automobiles with metal dashboards, no seatbelts, rumble seats, riding in the rear of pickups, and so on. oh, how did we ever survive!

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
rgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #23564
C/1/509
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,850
Quote:

Yeah dude, you're barking at the moon. Love and protect your sons in the way you see fit. Enjoy the show here, but try to remember it's just the interwebs. En massa skitsnack
C/1/509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #23565
farqhuar
Lone Wolf

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Use the side stand. The hitch keeps the trailer upright. Nice rig and good to see him/her out riding.
Thanks, my question was more " how does a person who needs a wheelchair hold the bike up when they get on and off the bike into the wheelchair", but I now realise the wheelchair belongs to the rider's partner (the lady from Geelong riding the trike).