Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 PM   #2386
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir-Faire View Post
Then again, it looks like he's sitting in a wheelchair now that it is enlarged. Cool.
Nah, wasted effort. Not EVERYTHING done for or by someone in a chair is good. He would do better driving a convertable car with the top down. He could even wear a helmet and gloves if he'd like. That thing is as wide as a car but no doubt handles worse, lacks power and is just a rolling roadblock.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #2387
richarddacat
helmet full of Blues

Oddometer: 3,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Nah, wasted effort. Not EVERYTHING done for or by someone in a chair is good. He would do better driving a convertable car with the top down. He could even wear a helmet and gloves if he'd like. That thing is as wide as a car but no doubt handles worse, lacks power and is just a rolling roadblock.
I agree but, he may already have a convertible because apparently he has more money than he knows what to do with. Each his own, hope he enjoys it.
IF Eric Clapton was God, Joe Bonamassa would be his Son.
richarddacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #2388
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
That thing is as wide as a car but no doubt handles worse, lacks power and is just a rolling roadblock.

Yup... It should have been built on a Hayabusa.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #2389
Censport
Vendor

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
Ditto for Canuckistan n00bs.

Huh. I didn't know VFR800's were offered in blue. Looks good. (But not right after that photo, I suspect.) Still like the yellow VFR's from 2000 better though.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:05 AM   #2390
ReactorTrip
glows in the dark

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by OaklandStrom View Post
Did he mention why he had to lay 'er down? Invisible deer?
too hot ran wide. happens often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
i can believe they were both fine immediately afterward.

but i'm shocked that he was still fine later that day...
yeah i was surprised when I saw the pics, thought they just laid it down in the dirt, not had hit the asphalt. It was awhile afterward, so they may have clean themselves up a lot.
ReactorTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #2391
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReactorTrip View Post
yeah i was surprised when I saw the pics, thought they just laid it down in the dirt, not had hit the asphalt. It was awhile afterward, so they may have clean themselves up a lot.
i was more shocked she hadn't clocked him over the head with a frying pan or something for doing that to her...

LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #2392
scarysharkface
30-125

Oddometer: 12,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
i was more shocked she hadn't clocked him over the head with a frying pan or something for doing that to her...

That may have been the last thing he got to do to her.

The road to Hell is paved...
Save $5 on a Smugmug subscription when you use my coupon:
yBr7OofIPuOP6
'98 DR350 for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000749
'09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for sale http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...8#post24898278
scarysharkface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #2393
LittleRedToyota
Yinzer

Oddometer: 2,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarysharkface View Post
That may have been the last thing he got to do to her.
LittleRedToyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 AM   #2394
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,143
Greetings from Willville.

We've been having a hell of a week, got down here last Friday and have been living it up ever since.

Monday we rode down to the Blue Ridge MC campground, Tuesday we took a recommended route to Knoxville to see an old friend.

Wednesday morning he took us on his secret route from Knoxville to the Gap so Chace could say been there done that.

Good times until I was at the state line where I encountred an empty flatbed truck. My rule in this situation is "never pass the cab o the inside" and I was able to do a hard stop. Chace was a few turns back and also had to make some efforts to keep clear.

Sadly as we ate breakfast at the resort someone was walking around asking "are you Art, looking for Art." Turns out someone ended up under the trailer and didn't survive, I guess they were looking for one of his buddies.

I'm pretty sure we also found the road shown in the photo with the KLR, I've got my own taken one turn up giving you all the ADV Rider salute but after just beating the semi of death on Deal's Gap I'm not really up for the "neener, neener I found the road" bs.

As Chace said "how can they allow trucks" and "what an over-rated experience" pretty much sums it up.
Vermont, it's not flat

Dear Cancer, I hate you. You're a heartbreaker and a thief. And I want you to give him back, you jerk. Sincerely, Nikki.

A happy childhood is the worst possible preparation for life. Kinky Friedman, candidate for Governor of Texas
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:21 AM   #2395
ReactorTrip
glows in the dark

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
Sadly as we ate breakfast at the resort someone was walking around asking "are you Art, looking for Art." Turns out someone ended up under the trailer and didn't survive, I guess they were looking for one of his buddies.

As Chace said "how can they allow trucks" and "what an over-rated experience" pretty much sums it up.
They wouldn't of been looking for Art. His name is Dwight "Ike" Woodard.

He got run over by an tractor trailer.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/au...artner=popular
ReactorTrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:31 AM   #2396
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:

We've been having a hell of a week, got down here last Friday and have been living it up ever since.

Monday we rode down to the Blue Ridge MC campground, Tuesday we took a recommended route to Knoxville to see an old friend.

Wednesday morning he took us on his secret route from Knoxville to the Gap so Chace could say been there done that.

Good times until I was at the state line where I encountred an empty flatbed truck. My rule in this situation is "never pass the cab o the inside" and I was able to do a hard stop. Chace was a few turns back and also had to make some efforts to keep clear.

I'm pretty sure we also found the road shown in the photo with the KLR, I've got my own taken one turn up giving you all the ADV Rider salute but after just beating the semi of death on Deal's Gap I'm not really up for the "neener, neener I found the road" bs.

Hey Rob!
When I was down there in '96 (?) with my ZX11, on the last day headed back to Gatlinburg I came around a turn and there was a ZX7 sleeping under a motor home. His fault......totally on the other side of the road, the ZX that is.
The first day, I do the ride going to the NC side, at the deli/motel 4 guy's come up and start asking about my bike. They're all on 600 sporty bike except one was on a 900SS Ducati. Mr.Ducati asks me if I come down here a lot, I say, nope first time. Mr. Ducati says, if you want you can follow me..........I'll show you all the good lines. I say, sure.
(I'm thinking, this ought to be good. ) Long story short, first hard right, he goes blasting into it (cold sides on tires), and low-sides. He jumps up right away (I know he's OK), I ride past and park my bike. I walk up and casually say........"let me guess, that wasn't one of the "better" lines." . He started crackin' up. At least he still had a sense of humor after wadding his bike.
I gotta say, as soon as I got to the "Dragon Proper", the very first thought that popped into me head was.....I could very easily get taken out by some jack-off coming the other way today.

See Ya!
Chris
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #2397
geg
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,066
Quote:

agreed.
there are no good sight lines & with all the various skill levels on display I was more worried about someone taking me out.

but, a nice stretch of road I guess. can't see it as a "destination" though.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
geg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #2398
spaiduhz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReactorTrip View Post
They wouldn't of been looking for Art. His name is Dwight "Ike" Woodard.

He got run over by an tractor trailer.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/au...artner=popular
Ack. Good night, sweet prince.
spaiduhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:35 AM   #2399
godwinmt
They call me Crash

Oddometer: 529
Quote:

As Chace said "how can they allow trucks"

I've got some friends down there for a honda meet this weekend and they just sent me this picture from when they went out for a morning drive...

I can see that it is a highway, but stuff like this is extremely dangerous to other motorists and riders alike.
godwinmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:05 AM   #2400
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by godwinmt View Post
I can see that it is a highway, but stuff like this is extremely dangerous to other motorists and riders alike.

Just following the ADV protocol/ crowd here and gonna tell you that's no excuse.

You shouldn't be riding too fast to not be able to avoid that. Never ride beyond your means...

Right, ADV? where my HTT's at?