Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #25321
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray0of0Sun View Post
Are there ethical issues involving privacy with the posting of license plates? I know people will blur them out in pictures, for example posting on Craigslist. Killboy doesn't. I suppose not, it's not like you can reverse search the number and figure out where the vehicle's garage is? It's a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyways.
Publicly displayed (as required by law) plate number is not really private info as these are government assigned registration tags that you really don't "own".

Same goes for boats, atv, snowmobiles, etc.

A Brit named Billy once said something silly; he so wrongly concluded that Ural deluded.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #25322
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSux View Post
The story on the duck is.
The guy has had the duck about 12 years. It rides on the console of the car. It likes french fries. The guy holds the duck over the trash can and shakes it a little and it shits. One would assume that the duck is potty trained and that is how the owner keeps from having duck poop in the car.

That is what i know about the duck. My friend was at the overlook on 129 and talked with the owner of the duck and witnessed the above mentioned.
Classic! Now I want a duck.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits
ride4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #25323
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 5,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
They're not technically supposed to do that as a favor, but they can.
In GA that is a felony, or on second thought, maybe a misdemeanor, but definitely illegal.
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #25324
RDTCU
Banned

Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb90535im View Post
In GA that is a felony, or on second thought, maybe a misdemeanor, but definitely illegal.
Detective. I was reporting suspicious activity and he investigated, all without having to leave his chair

Been years, and it's not something to make a habit of...
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #25325
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,858
Killboy is not a form of law enforcement.

Quote:
If Killboy gets you driving like an asshat on the wrong side of the road and the driver easily identifiable and posts it up, I think you should get an envelope in your mailbox with a TN ticket in it for left of center.
Part of our taxes go to Killboy?

No matter the egress? (Ingress-Apex-Egress) Or if there is even an oncoming motorist?

...I'm glad we got internet cops like you on the case.

Go shake down those bicyclists that don't pay insurance, road or wheel taxes, tags & registration, and think they DON'T have to stop at stop signs.
(I have to and my bike is no different tho it makes a "brub, brub, brub" sound)

attaboy!

IheartmyNx screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 10:36 AM
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #25326
RDTCU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
No matter the egress? (Ingress-Apex-Egress) Or if there is even an oncoming motorist?

...I'm glad we got internet cops like you on the case.

Go shake down those bicyclists that don't pay insurance, road or wheel taxes, tags & registration, and think they DON'T have to stop at stop signs.
(I have to and my bike is no different tho it makes a "brub, brub, brub" sound)

attaboy!
Stay in your lane and there wouldn't be a problem. If you drive a boat that can't make a corner in your own lane, and you're on 129, you're a dumbass.

Hanging a wheel over a few inches is one thing, sitting on the oncoming lane's white line is another.

I'll pass slow traffic on the double yellows when it's safe, but I'm not going to do it in front of cameras or in a corner.

This guy deserved a ticket, he was like this in every left hander, regardless of sightline, at the whopping speed of 25mph.

Try to justify these from this week, in corners where there is no good sightline.
Someone coming the opposite direction at a similar speed could ruin your whole day before you even had a chance to react.

Go ahead, I'll wait:

RDTCU screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 10:45 AM
Old 11-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #25327
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Quote:
Go ahead, I'll wait:

No, since I can only account for my actions and don't rush to prematurely judge and condemn others based on incomplete information, I'm good...

How bout you drive the way you want and be responsible, and I'll ride the way I want to - responsively, despite signs or paint or stupid rules that don't apply to me, and I'll just choose to face the consequences should they arise.

No need to judge or insult anyone implied in the process.

How bout that?

PS, those pics are not an adequate representation to represent the view of the driver at that time. (I'll save my judgments)

... now step in the road, Killboy, place your camera in the EXACT place the driver sits showing the road ahead, and show me the follow-through? Go ahead, I'll wait...

IheartmyNx screwed with this post 11-06-2013 at 12:13 PM
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #25328
RDTCU
Banned

Quote:
PS, those pics are not an adequate representation to represent the view of the driver at that time. (I'll save my judgments)
I know the curve they are taken from, and I can tell you exactly what the view from the driver's seat looks like, and it's not safe or responsible to be where those cars are.
Left to right, you can only see about halfway through the curve.
Right to left, you can see to the next (near) curve as you approach, but once you start into corner you lose it behind foliage, and a bike moving quickly in it's own lane would be in your front bumper by the time you rounded the corner. If you swung wide to avoid them on exit, you would end up in the far side ditch trying to save it.
I'll go screen cap some helmet footage of that exact curve if you would like.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #25329
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 7,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTL900 View Post
Aflac!!
Best post all week.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #25330
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Quote:
I know the curve they are taken from, and I can tell you exactly what the view from the driver's seat looks like, and it's not safe or responsible to be where those cars are.
Left to right, you can only see about halfway through the curve.
Right to left, you can see to the next (near) curve as you approach, but once you start into corner you lose it behind foliage, and a bike moving quickly in it's own lane would be in your front bumper by the time you rounded the corner. If you swung wide to avoid them on exit, you would end up in the far side ditch trying to save it.
I'll go screen cap some helmet footage of that exact curve if you would like.

Yeah, that place can be so popular; they should have times (traffic patterns) that traffic flows one-way, and make a "round-about" out of roads that still runs by the gas & tourist places...

The one-mind already banned trucks...

You're welcome.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #25331
RDTCU
Banned

Quote:
Try to justify these from this week, in corners where there is no good sightline.
Someone coming the opposite direction at a similar speed could ruin your whole day before you even had a chance to react.

Go ahead, I'll wait:

Here's some shots of that corner for reference.

View at turn-in (it's a 90deg curve, you won't see more than halfway around it with the hill on the left)

Where you see Mr Mini and Mr Bimmer stepping on their dicks (note the nice little skidmarks there...)
Also, note the lack of visibility around the upcoming righthander that the Miata is coming from.

Where you would see Mr Miata early apexing in your lane, after which he would try to correct to avoid you (hopefully) and end up in the ditch on the left. You could probably dodge him on the bike even riding quickly, might not in a car.

Now go and tell me these idiots don't deserve tickets, when they're handing out tickets like candy for under 10mph over the posted 35mph limit on certain days.

One of these dickheads is going to kill themselves or someone else sooner or later.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #25332
WormShanks
b00b

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Here's some shots of that corner for reference.
Excellent! The members of the Armchair Justice League are in your debt.

Ridden: AF AM AW AU AT AZ BS BH BD BB BY BW BV BR IO BN BG BF BI KH CM CA CZ DK SV GQ ER EE ET FK GI GR GP VA HN HK HU IS IN ID IR IQ KI KP KG LA LV LB LU NR NP NL AN NC NZ NI NE NO OM PK PR QA RE RO RU RW LC VC WS SM ST TM TC TV UG UA AE GB US UY UZ VU YE
WormShanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #25333
genespleen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
How bout you drive the way you want and be responsible, and I'll ride the way I want to - responsively, despite signs or paint or stupid rules that don't apply to me, and I'll just choose to face the consequences should they arise.
Try to keep the rest of us in mind as you play the Rugged Individualist re rules that "don't apply" to you. I don't want to die for your misjudgements (you do make them, right?).
genespleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #25334
KX50002
NooB, my ass

Oddometer: 1,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by genespleen View Post
Try to keep the rest of us in mind as you play the Rugged Individualist re rules that "don't apply" to you. I don't want to die for your misjudgements (you do make them, right?).
+1
If they can write tickets from cameras at redlights, and speeding tickets from cameras, why not put a few along roads where crossing the line is a chronic problem as it seems to be here?
Old 11-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #25335
RDTCU
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KX50002 View Post
+1
If they can write tickets from cameras at redlights, and speeding tickets from cameras, why not put a few along roads where crossing the line is a chronic problem as it seems to be here?
While I agree with the sentiment, I wouldn't want to open that can of worms. I'm not a huge fan of Big Brother.

Killboy doesn't cost the taxpayers a thing...