Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #3241
Barry
Just Beastly

Oddometer: 7,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalDeFer View Post
Move aside chumps, Supermoto coming through!

Supermotos... making sportbike riders wonder WTF? just happened for years!

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #3242
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
Not quite:

"Today the coat of arms appears on the current flag of Vermont, above the rostrum in the Hall of Representatives at the Vermont State House, on state court buildings, stationery, signage marking the Vermont border, and at Vermont Welcome Centers.
The blazon was formalized and described by state statute in 1840 in the following manner: "the coat of arms of the state shall be, and is described as follows: Green, a landscape occupying half of the shield; on the right and left, in the background, high mountains, blue; the sky yellow. From near the base, and reaching nearly to the top of the shield, arises a pine-tree of the natural color, and between three erect sheaves, yellow, placed bendwise on the dexter side, and a red cow standing on the sinister side of the field."

Red is mine.

Goes along with the signage you see on some trucks about not passing on the right side.
"Left - passing side, Right - suicide"
In heraldry sinister refers to the left and dexter refers to the right. This is in relation to the bearer, since the blazon is typically seen on a shield.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #3243
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Oddometer: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Darn, beat me to it! I guess I don't get any syrup.

Why? He's wrong. Well he's correct with his logic; in maritime use the preferred crossing is red to red, i.e. keep right. If you see red and white, it's all right. Red and green, it could be mean, green and white proceed with fright.

However as the stickers are on the back of the bike for the syrup his answer is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Pass on the left, green, not on the right, red!

Jim
We have a winner!

When I was a kid I remember the semis used to have stickers on the back, one of my favorites was on the left it said passing side and on the right it said suicide.

These cows are reflective safety cows from the Heifermeister. Not available in stores, on-line or even on TV, the only way to get the cows is to see the Heif on the road or 'round the fire.

Jim, please PM me your address for your prize!
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #3244
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
too many

what do I win?

PS: did you know people with a lot of bumper stickers are more prone to be road-ragers? (just sayin')
I did not.

I wonder what it means when a guy has a bike covered with stickers but on his car the only sticker is from the inspection.

Speaking of cars, my TDI was in the shop for the 40k service and a bit of paint touch ups. They had it for a week. I go to pick it up last night (after they called to say it was ready) and not only was it not ready but when they brought it out the check engine light was on. They "fixed it" I drove off and after stopping for dinner 3 miles away the light is back on.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #3245
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit

Oddometer: 20,253
Old 10-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #3246
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
I did not.

I wonder what it means when a guy has a bike covered with stickers but on his car the only sticker is from the inspection.

Speaking of cars, my TDI was in the shop for the 40k service and a bit of paint touch ups. They had it for a week. I go to pick it up last night (after they called to say it was ready) and not only was it not ready but when they brought it out the check engine light was on. They "fixed it" I drove off and after stopping for dinner 3 miles away the light is back on.

How old is it? I do like VW, but since my '99 1.8T Passat I've grown weary of them. Most expensive car I've ever had!

Hey, we have the same BMW suit
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 AM   #3247
g容g
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,039
Quote:

place has gone downhill since Tim left. He's up at Metro in Taunton (I think that's where they are).

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #3248
Chris618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
I'm guessing the "RR" means "ruh roh" now....

Haha!!
Chris618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #3249
Benc1985
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post

Awwwww....isn't that cute; she loves him so much she can't let go no matter what.

Benc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #3250
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
How old is it? I do like VW, but since my '99 1.8T Passat I've grown weary of them. Most expensive car I've ever had!

Hey, we have the same BMW suit
2010 Sportwagen.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #3251
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
place has gone downhill since Tim left. He's up at Metro in Taunton (I think that's where they are).
Scott VW not Mattie.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #3252
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
2010 Sportwagen.
Jeebus....A week! They're out of their freaking mind! Hah, reminds me of one winter, cold evening, 9F, on my way to pick up the wife and the car died on me on the way in. Just, POOF! Luckily it did it right outside a Jeep dealer and I didn't bring my cell, so they let me stay in their nice salesroom while I waited for AAA (they asked me if I wanted to buy a real car) past their closing hour.
It was a little gray box the size of my palm $500! and it took them 30 min. to find the fault and change it!
I drew my sword and vowed to NEVER buy VW again!

I don't get what happened to VW, my wife's '94 Golf has never ever not started. It looks like shit, it sounds like shit, but that thing just goes and goes and still gets 35 mpg. Talk about a Energizer Bunny!

Man, this is a cool thread...everybody rambles about all things not related...AWESOME!
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #3253
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstrom6 View Post
In marine and aviation; "Red, Right, Returning".

Spelled out it means that on a vessel (aircraft): Red is on the left (port) side, Green is on the right (starboard) side, (White is aft) - so a red light on the right means the vessel is coming at you.

Except in Vermont (being the sinister bass-turds they are)
Its Vermont most of the state is ass backwards anyway....
Offcamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #3254
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
Jeebus....A week! They're out of their freaking mind! Hah, reminds me of one winter, cold evening, 9F, on my way to pick up the wife and the car died on me on the way in. Just, POOF! Luckily it did it right outside a Jeep dealer and I didn't bring my cell, so they let me stay in their nice salesroom while I waited for AAA (they asked me if I wanted to buy a real car) past their closing hour.
It was a little gray box the size of my palm $500! and it took them 30 min. to find the fault and change it!
I drew my sword and vowed to NEVER buy VW again!

I don't get what happened to VW, my wife's '94 Golf has never ever not started. It looks like shit, it sounds like shit, but that thing just goes and goes and still gets 35 mpg. Talk about a Energizer Bunny!

Man, this is a cool thread...everybody rambles about all things not related...AWESOME!
Well keep in mind there was some body / paint work involved too.

As for this thread and its various weaves, many of the repeat posters know each other personally. I've raced or ridden with a few of the recent posters, coach MSF with another and have bought a DVD from the third so the odd off-thread topic is sure to work its way in.

Having said this let's get back on track, who has the latest KB crash?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #3255
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,819
Quote:
Why? He's wrong. Well he's correct with his logic; in maritime use the preferred crossing is red to red, i.e. keep right. If you see red and white, it's all right. Red and green, it could be mean, green and white proceed with fright.

^^^^ What he said!!! ^^^^

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote