ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #3241
Barry
Just Beastly
 
Barry's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2002
Location: Fredericksburg, Va.
Oddometer: 7,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevalDeFer View Post
Move aside chumps, Supermoto coming through!

Supermotos... making sportbike riders wonder WTF? just happened for years!
__________________
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Do not do business with Myrtle West Cycle... Not a reputable vendor by a long shot.
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:04 AM   #3242
JDLuke
Ravening for delight
 
JDLuke's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: New Jersey
Oddometer: 8,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Lime View Post
Not quite:


"Today the coat of arms appears on the current flag of Vermont, above the rostrum in the Hall of Representatives at the Vermont State House, on state court buildings, stationery, signage marking the Vermont border, and at Vermont Welcome Centers.
The blazon was formalized and described by state statute in 1840 in the following manner: "the coat of arms of the state shall be, and is described as follows: Green, a landscape occupying half of the shield; on the right and left, in the background, high mountains, blue; the sky yellow. From near the base, and reaching nearly to the top of the shield, arises a pine-tree of the natural color, and between three erect sheaves, yellow, placed bendwise on the dexter side, and a red cow standing on the sinister side of the field."

Red is mine.

Goes along with the signage you see on some trucks about not passing on the right side.
"Left - passing side, Right - suicide"
In heraldry sinister refers to the left and dexter refers to the right. This is in relation to the bearer, since the blazon is typically seen on a shield.
__________________
Why did I drink all of the ingredients for vomit?
"Used to be Man vs. Nature.. then Man vs. Space.. then Man vs. the Moon. Now it's Man vs. Food" - Dalar
"you cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into." - Jonathan Swift
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #3243
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
Darn, beat me to it! I guess I don't get any syrup.

Why? He's wrong. Well he's correct with his logic; in maritime use the preferred crossing is red to red, i.e. keep right. If you see red and white, it's all right. Red and green, it could be mean, green and white proceed with fright.

However as the stickers are on the back of the bike for the syrup his answer is incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Pass on the left, green, not on the right, red!

Jim
We have a winner!

When I was a kid I remember the semis used to have stickers on the back, one of my favorites was on the left it said passing side and on the right it said suicide.

These cows are reflective safety cows from the Heifermeister. Not available in stores, on-line or even on TV, the only way to get the cows is to see the Heif on the road or 'round the fire.

Jim, please PM me your address for your prize!
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:14 AM   #3244
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
too many


what do I win?



PS: did you know people with a lot of bumper stickers are more prone to be road-ragers? (just sayin')
I did not.

I wonder what it means when a guy has a bike covered with stickers but on his car the only sticker is from the inspection.

Speaking of cars, my TDI was in the shop for the 40k service and a bit of paint touch ups. They had it for a week. I go to pick it up last night (after they called to say it was ready) and not only was it not ready but when they brought it out the check engine light was on. They "fixed it" I drove off and after stopping for dinner 3 miles away the light is back on.

Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 AM   #3245
gelandestrasse
Fidem Scit
 
gelandestrasse's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Oklahoma City
Oddometer: 20,253
__________________
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln
gelandestrasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #3246
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Offblnz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: North
Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
I did not.

I wonder what it means when a guy has a bike covered with stickers but on his car the only sticker is from the inspection.

Speaking of cars, my TDI was in the shop for the 40k service and a bit of paint touch ups. They had it for a week. I go to pick it up last night (after they called to say it was ready) and not only was it not ready but when they brought it out the check engine light was on. They "fixed it" I drove off and after stopping for dinner 3 miles away the light is back on.

How old is it? I do like VW, but since my '99 1.8T Passat I've grown weary of them. Most expensive car I've ever had!

Hey, we have the same BMW suit
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:58 AM   #3247
g容g
Canadian living in exile
 
g容g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 41.655984,-71.302657
Oddometer: 6,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
Speaking of cars, my TDI was in the shop for the 40k service and a bit of paint touch ups. They had it for a week. I go to pick it up last night (after they called to say it was ready) and not only was it not ready but when they brought it out the check engine light was on. They "fixed it" I drove off and after stopping for dinner 3 miles away the light is back on.

place has gone downhill since Tim left. He's up at Metro in Taunton (I think that's where they are).
__________________
Greg
Europe 2013 Europe 2012 Europe 2011 England 2010 Gaspe PQ 2008 Nova Scotia 2007

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:11 AM   #3248
Chris618
Studly Adventurer
 
Chris618's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Troy, NY
Oddometer: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover604 View Post
I'm guessing the "RR" means "ruh roh" now....

Haha!!
__________________
Super Tenere
400 exc sm
ttr 125
Chris618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:12 AM   #3249
Benc1985
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Benc1985's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelandestrasse View Post

Awwwww....isn't that cute; she loves him so much she can't let go no matter what.

Benc1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:19 AM   #3250
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
How old is it? I do like VW, but since my '99 1.8T Passat I've grown weary of them. Most expensive car I've ever had!

Hey, we have the same BMW suit
2010 Sportwagen.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 AM   #3251
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
place has gone downhill since Tim left. He's up at Metro in Taunton (I think that's where they are).
Scott VW not Mattie.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:30 AM   #3252
Offblnz
Beastly Adventurer
 
Offblnz's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: North
Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
2010 Sportwagen.
Jeebus....A week! They're out of their freaking mind! Hah, reminds me of one winter, cold evening, 9F, on my way to pick up the wife and the car died on me on the way in. Just, POOF! Luckily it did it right outside a Jeep dealer and I didn't bring my cell, so they let me stay in their nice salesroom while I waited for AAA (they asked me if I wanted to buy a real car) past their closing hour.
It was a little gray box the size of my palm $500! and it took them 30 min. to find the fault and change it!
I drew my sword and vowed to NEVER buy VW again!

I don't get what happened to VW, my wife's '94 Golf has never ever not started. It looks like shit, it sounds like shit, but that thing just goes and goes and still gets 35 mpg. Talk about a Energizer Bunny!

Man, this is a cool thread...everybody rambles about all things not related...AWESOME!
Offblnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:35 AM   #3253
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer
 
Offcamber's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by donstrom6 View Post
In marine and aviation; "Red, Right, Returning".

Spelled out it means that on a vessel (aircraft): Red is on the left (port) side, Green is on the right (starboard) side, (White is aft) - so a red light on the right means the vessel is coming at you.

Except in Vermont (being the sinister bass-turds they are)
Its Vermont most of the state is ass backwards anyway....
Offcamber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:36 AM   #3254
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanzed View Post
Jeebus....A week! They're out of their freaking mind! Hah, reminds me of one winter, cold evening, 9F, on my way to pick up the wife and the car died on me on the way in. Just, POOF! Luckily it did it right outside a Jeep dealer and I didn't bring my cell, so they let me stay in their nice salesroom while I waited for AAA (they asked me if I wanted to buy a real car) past their closing hour.
It was a little gray box the size of my palm $500! and it took them 30 min. to find the fault and change it!
I drew my sword and vowed to NEVER buy VW again!

I don't get what happened to VW, my wife's '94 Golf has never ever not started. It looks like shit, it sounds like shit, but that thing just goes and goes and still gets 35 mpg. Talk about a Energizer Bunny!

Man, this is a cool thread...everybody rambles about all things not related...AWESOME!
Well keep in mind there was some body / paint work involved too.

As for this thread and its various weaves, many of the repeat posters know each other personally. I've raced or ridden with a few of the recent posters, coach MSF with another and have bought a DVD from the third so the odd off-thread topic is sure to work its way in.

Having said this let's get back on track, who has the latest KB crash?
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #3255
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!
 
Boatman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Petersburg, NY and Woodbridge, VA
Oddometer: 9,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin Boy View Post
Why? He's wrong. Well he's correct with his logic; in maritime use the preferred crossing is red to red, i.e. keep right. If you see red and white, it's all right. Red and green, it could be mean, green and white proceed with fright.


^^^^ What he said!!! ^^^^
__________________
08 KTM 950 SE, 09 KTM 950 SE, 04 KTM 950 ADV, 10 Husaberg FE390, 66 Kawasaki B8S Super 150

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014