Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #5311
mb90535im
'05 R1200 GS

Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Too true.
Watching a good rider zip around our roads here in Western NC on a GS is eye opening. I wouldn't try to qualify at Daytona with one, but they will surprise you.

Or as we say, "Doing things that for a two story building God never intended."
mb90535im is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #5312
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,968
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
Guess I wasn't paying attention. Wassup?
You're not the only one. What's the story?
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #5313
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
You're not the only one. What's the story?
its pretty obvious ist it.....note the dent in the back and the smashed window.I would guess the little SUV gained a helmeted extra passenger
Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 PM   #5314
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
12-14K ??? I was happy to get over 5K out of a rear tire on my older and less powerfull R1100GS. Maybe 6-8K out of a front. The roads around here, including Deals Gap have very good traction and are also very abrasive. A GS will be limited more by cornering clearance than tires.

In reality the biggest limit to going fast at the Gap is the Nut connecting the seat to the handlebars..... that and all the LEOs and slow moving traffic.
My factory Tourances lasted over13k miles, and I read many similar reports on this forum.

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #5315
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
Never mind suspension and geometry, bu wouldn't GS be limited by tires? Popular GS tires last 12-14k miles for many riders. They surely can't be as sticky as sportbike tires only good for 3k miles.

I regularly grind the center stand on a GS with Tourances, even 2 up with the suspension cranked to the max, and little or no baggage load, 3500-4500 for rear is about right for me, running at a fun pace in the twisties. They stick remarkably well IMHO
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 PM   #5316
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
My factory Tourances lasted over13k miles, and I read many similar reports on this forum.
It all depends on how you ride. Come down to the Smokies and ride hard on twisty roads and your Tourances will not last 13k miles. Ride easy on straight roads and I'm sure they will last 13K miles.

Sport bike tires will also last a long time if you ride slow.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #5317
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
its pretty obvious ist it.....note the dent in the back and the smashed window.I would guess the little SUV gained a helmeted extra passenger
Yep that's easy. However I'd like to know the story instead of guessing.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #5318
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,839
I rode the Dragon at two SV rallies I attended in 2006 and 2007. I am pretty much glad to be able to say, " been there, done that". Frankly, checking in on this thread, I think I would be too scared to ride it anymore. Not because of the road itself or my ability, but because of all the other things that cause accidents down there....trucks, squids, cruisers, cars, etc.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #5319
lemieuxmc
Banned

Oddometer: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
Yep that's easy. However I'd like to know the story instead of guessing.
It's a long and sordid tale of lies, deception, and intrigue.

IheartmyNX was riding along a twisty road in a completely safe and prudent fashion, paying close attention to any possible dangerous situations.

Suddenly, he happened upon a super-secret government experiment in vehicle cloaking technology designed to decrease the risk to our troops from IED's. This super-secret field testing session went awry when the subject SUV stopped directly in the traffic lane on a blind curve. IheartmyNX didn't even have a chance to "lay er' down"... without ABS or that new "Proximity Sensing De-Moleculizer Beam" that BMW is coming out with, there was no way he could stop in time. He took the hit and after a direct plea from The White House he posted it here on Advrider as a form of disinformation to keep it out of the hands of the Chinese.

Unfortunately, the facts appeared on Wikileaks and even though IheartmyNX has bravely tried to maintain the facade, he has born the brunt of sarcastic comments, challenges to his riding skills, his parentage, and his manhood.

This is the price that one brave American has paid to keep a top secret Pentagon program secure. We salute you Iheart myNX!
lemieuxmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #5320
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieuxmc View Post

IheartmyNX was riding along a twisty road in a completely safe and prudent fashion, paying close attention to any possible dangerous situations.

Suddenly, he happened upon a super-secret government experiment in vehicle cloaking technology designed to decrease the risk to our troops from IED's. This super-secret field testing session went awry when the subject SUV stopped directly in the traffic lane on a blind curve. IheartmyNX didn't even have a chance to "lay er' down"... without ABS or that new "Proximity Sensing De-Moleculizer Beam" that BMW is coming out with, there was no way he could stop in time. He took the hit and after a direct plea from The White House he posted it here on Advrider as a form of disinformation to keep it out of the hands of the Chinese.

Unfortunately, the facts appeared on Wikileaks and even though IheartmyNX has bravely tried to maintain the facade, he has born the brunt of sarcastic comments, challenges to his riding skills, his parentage, and his manhood.

This is the price that one brave American has paid to keep a top secret Pentagon program secure. We salute you Iheart myNX!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #5321
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,926
Talking

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #5322
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Quote:

anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #5323
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
That's how I remembered it.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #5324
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 50,587
Quote:

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #5325
opaque_machete
girls wanna have fun

Oddometer: 630
You mean Iluvmynx did something unbelievably stupid...AND I MISSED IT!! DAMN!
May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house. -George Carlin
Two Wheel Females.com
opaque_machete is offline   Reply With Quote