Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #7906
daveinva
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by genka View Post
I didn't feel comfortable being closely followed by a big rig. I couldn't get away from him because of vehicles ahead of me. The traffic was moving pretty fast, and this guy was working hard to keep up.
That's the absolute worst. You travel all that way only to find yourself stuck in traffic. I hate when that happens, and I hate "surrendering," but really, in that situation the best thing to do is find a way to pull off the road, let big bad truck pass you by, wait 20 minutes, and then go off riding again once the traffic jam's broken up.
daveinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #7907
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler73 View Post
People that think "what way"?
As if there is no driving record. Many people omit that when on the topic of these discussions.

It gives off the air to others reading as though the only issue there is the fine.

An MRV/jacket and what you pay the courts/city/state/etc. for a ticket are two different things.

I've got a 88 in a 55 from a 06 trip to NC on my 7 year MVR. But the 3 year MVR (you get a choice of two when you go get a MRV 3 or 7 year) I'm going to show the courts today only has my last speeding ticket from 2 1/2 years ago...

If I showed them the 7 year, I'd be screwing myself.

Showing the courts a clean MVR can get you a shit ton of slack as far as getting a diversion is concerned.

Again though, I'm after a clean record and low insurance premiums... I don't give a fuck about fines.

NOTE: They, or Davidson Co. at least, has since wised up on this since way back when when YOU showed them your driving record. When you now go to Davidson Co. Courts, they already have for you your JACKET which shows EVERY TIME you've been arrested, pulled over, cited and subsequently gotten out of it.

THIS is what the judge bases his decisions off of, not, I repeat: NOT what the state issues you, your insurance, or back ground check from an employer, etc. your MVR "looks like".

This, how many times I've gotten pulled over and gotten out of the ticket, is what has hung me in the past and got a few (2) to stick.
(otherwise, I'm batting a mid-90's)

Even though if this was a murder case it'd be considered inadmissible evidence. The law, what a joke...

IheartmyNx screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 10:53 AM
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #7908
kerhonky
Adventure Poser

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Man View Post
I gotta tell ya, though I'm not usually one for bastardizing vehicles, that thing could be fast as fuck!
Personally, I like my fuck to be slow.

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramiriez, otherwise known as "The Rat."
kerhonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #7909
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartmyNx View Post
As if there is no driving record. Many people omit that when on the topic of these discussions.

It gives off the air to others reading as though the only issue there is the fine.

An MRV/jacket and what you pay the courts/city/state/etc. for a ticket are two different things.

I've got a 88 in a 55 from a 06 trip to NC on my 7 year MVR. But the 3 year MVR (you get a choice of two when you go get a MRV 3 or 7 year) I'm going to show the courts today only has my last speeding ticket from 2 1/2 years ago...

Showing the courts a clean MVR can get you a shit ton of slack as far as getting a diversion is concerned.

Again though, I'm after a clean record and low insurance premiums... I don't give a fuck about fines.
The only true way to a clean record is behave. So ya takes yer chances and get what ya get. Ask around I can't read the little black and white signs and wheelies are a way of life. I haven't received a citation in a long time. Discretion and knowing how to talk to an officer when that fails. I believe grey hair helps too.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #7910
IheartmyNx
Ihave2draft

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
The only true way to a clean record is behave. So ya takes yer chances and get what ya get. Ask around I can't read the little black and white signs and wheelies are a way of life. I haven't received a citation in a long time. Discretion and knowing how to talk to an officer when that fails. I believe grey hair helps too.

Yeah, that's one way of looking at it...

Sadly the other is economics. And I don't live in BFE.

There is not ONE solitary driving soul that lives in this state that is not guilty of speeding on a daily basis.

Google speeding tickets with economic/s down-turn bad economy and etc.

They've descended on West Nashville like the plague.

http://blog.motorists.org/traffic-ti...-big-business/

Quote:
Traffic tickets are a multi-billion industry. They have virtually nothing to do with highway safety, but they have everything to do with money.

When you begin to grasp the full magnitude of the public and private interests that depend on ripping off motorists through traffic tickets, you begin to understand why this unethical system continues to expand every year.

No one knows how many traffic tickets are actually issued. Many local units of government deliberately hide this information so they don’t have to split their traffic ticket revenue with the state. Not including parking tickets, we can estimate that somewhere between 25 and 50 million traffic tickets are issued each year. Assuming an average ticket cost of $150.00, the total up front profit from tickets ranges from 3.75 to 7.5 billion dollars.

If just half of these tickets result in insurance surcharges (typically at least $300 over a period of three years), you can add another 3.75 to 7.5 billion dollars in profit for insurance companies. This is why insurance companies “care” so much traffic “safety” programs and are willing to donate millions of dollars worth of radar and laser guns to the police. For them, it’s simple: more tickets equal more money!

To keep the money coming in those that benefit from traffic ticket revenue have to do several things:

Pass enough laws so that anybody can be stopped at anytime and be given a ticket for a traffic violation. Trivial or concocted traffic law violations are also frequently used as an excuse to stop, detain, and search persons for whom the police have no other legitimate reason to do so.
Blow out of proportion the effects of various traffic violations. They constantly talk about “carnage” on our roads, despite the fact that we have the lowest level of traffic fatalities in history.
Maintain a public relations campaign that claims traffic tickets are only given to bad drivers, and that these drivers should pay for the cost of enforcement. This is how you make it appear logical that the police and courts are funded through traffic ticket receipts.
Keep the ticket prices below the pain threshold that would compel motorists to aggressively contest traffic citations in court. They know that if fines got too high, motorist would fight heir tickets, and trials eat up all the profit.
Remove as many due process protections for traffic law offenders as is politically possible. This not only further discourages people from contesting their tickets, but it also ensures that those that do will have a much more difficult time defending themselves.

A few simple changes can radically alter this unjust system:

No court or police department should directly benefit from the collection of traffic fines.
No police department should be permitted to rate its officers based on how many tickets they write.
No local government should retain traffic fines. The money collected in local courts should be transferred to the state and returned via a local aid formula based on population.

http://www.myticketstop.com/content/...nomic-downturn

http://www.trafficviolationlawfirms....or-revenue.htm

Quote:
The less people were working, the more tickets were issued. One could argue that because the state needs to pay out more in unemployment, the ticket income helps to offset these new costs, even though the tickets may be going to those very people who are newly unemployed – creating a revolving door of payments and income.
http://www.physorg.com/news150992952.html

http://www.insweb.com/news-features/tickets.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,490629,00.html

and so fourth...

meh..

IheartmyNx screwed with this post 02-22-2012 at 11:07 AM
IheartmyNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #7911
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,696
You should start a new thread about it Iheart. CS&M is a good place for it.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #7912
anotherguy
Banned

Oddometer: 6,212
Wicked

Quote:
Yeah, that's one way of looking at it...

Sadly the other is economics. And I don't live in BFE.
Way of looking at it? Nope that how it works in my life. Haven't received a citation in this century.

Well here in BFE (West Virginia) they don't assess points until you've really pissed them off. It does however cost you. I believe the court cost for a simple speeding citation start at $180 plus whatever fine they apply. No court either you see a magistrate within a certain period of time and sit down and plead your case. No insurance companies,judges,points or sitting in a fucking courtroom all day. So according to what you said earlier that would be fine by you. Maybe you should live in BFE.
anotherguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #7913
Ponies ate my Bagel
Bisexual Bandit

Oddometer: 1,872
I did this the other day....

I was riding a local road on Friday and I did this and almost ate a Buell. Although it was a single lane road with no lines I know I was in the wrong.

I came up to a left and switchback that takes a hard right immediately after. I could see the road after the right hand as I got low for the switchback. Unbeknownst to me there was a pack of riders that was going very slow 5-10mph that I didn't see until I rounded the first corner. By the time I saw the guy I was coming out of my lean and I just kept pushing hard to get it upright and back over. I managed to miss the other rider by a couple feet at best.

I lulled myself into a very dangerous false sense of safety because of how bad the road is. It's really torn up and impassable by anything with less than 6-8" of ground clearance pretty much. I'm on a DRZ and it just eats that road up. I had convinced myself that all I needed to watch for was the locals because it's to rough for sportbikes/sportcars. I was wrong, there were 4 sport bikes in that pack and even though they were creeping along slowly I still almost gave them all a very bad day.

I pulled over right up the road about 200 ft. later and took a little while to recompose myself and get my head back on straight. If you have a close call that gets you riled up take a minute and calm down, riding upset is far more dangerous.

Ride safe guys and gals.
Ponies ate my Bagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #7914
theshnizzle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 891
theshnizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #7915
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,911
Quote:

What bass akwards State do you live in where YOU show the courts your record? The LEO already knows your record before they even write you the ticket.
Do you think you are pulling the wool over a judges eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
You should start a new thread about it Iheart. CS&M is a good place for it.

bwalsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:58 AM   #7916
garrett the nerd
Sprocket Protector

Oddometer: 871
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 AM   #7917
Mikelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
I'm with you on this one... Getting old reading the same old lines...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
is as does. OK?
Old 02-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #7918
Mikelly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Yea clearly somebody (Iheart) doesn't know how the legal system works... I got popped in Tennessee for 26MPH over the limit and Virginia knew all about it, along with my insurance company. When you go to court, the judge and his bailif typically have your record already in hand. They generally know what you have or haven't done. Atleast that's how it works in every state I've dealt with, on both sides of the badge. My little ticket in Tennessee cost me dearly for a number of years because it met the threshold for 6 points on my driving record.

Everyone bitches about the legal system and traffic laws until some asshat on a hyabussa kills our loved ones... Iheart, you piss and moan a lot about the laws here in the good ole USofA. You might want to give some other country a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
What bass akwards State do you live in where YOU show the courts your record? The LEO already knows your record before they even write you the ticket.
Do you think you are pulling the wool over a judges eyes?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #7919
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett the nerd View Post
Checking his oil and chain slack? Performing routine maintenance while riding is taking this multi-tasking thing just a little too far.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 AM   #7920
zippy
Hinter dem Feld

Oddometer: 2,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrett the nerd View Post
It's Mike Metzger he's a pro, he invented the heel clicker.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote