Old 04-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #9646
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by No False Enthusiasm View Post
... not much...

NFE
Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that...hell of an ego on you, thinking you can tell what others are thinking.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #9647
fishwich
El Borbah

Oddometer: 1,647
Lucky he didn't hit that tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against The Wind View Post
Fresh lowside on the Dragon = broken leg
fishwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #9648
Grizzler
Gas Passer For Hire

Oddometer: 92
Well, the dog's all in leather. Just needs a helmet to make him ATGATT.

[QUOTE=orangebear;18398666]
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Ecubed has an Arai. In case you were wondering.

Pictures. We're here for the pictures.

it looked like a well dressed kid for going on a bike as the top half is the right gear butt the bottm half it not becosue of the chaps and crappy gloves and i think its trainers . to think the time it took to put on pointless chaps you could of put on proper leather bottoms and proper gloves.
Grizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:36 PM   #9649
Futo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
He don't need no atgatt he's got fatgatt.
Think this guy is a Florida Gators fan?
Futo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #9650
trumpet
Group W Bench

Oddometer: 1,394
Quote:
Fresh lowside on the Dragon = broken leg.

Skip to 6:28 , and ow its got to hurt.
trumpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #9651
211Chuck
Eat,Sleep,Breath M/C

Oddometer: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daamud View Post

Your friend 205 sure has alot of different motorcycles"

It doesn't matter where you go in life, it's who you have beside you.

211Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #9652
mac inger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 662
oh thats gonna hurt ouch
mac inger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #9653
ibafran
villagidiot

Oddometer: 1,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebear View Post
Some people sure are the "Fun Police"... ASATT (Always Serious, All the Time)

do they not give the bike cops in the usa bike gear to wear??
as the UK bike cops get full gear to wear[/QUOTE]

Here is the rumor that I heard from my local moto officers. The officers put in for the kind of uniform that they want to wear. The admin looks it over and adjusts it for some sort of proper (friendly? non-sturm trooper?) look to keep the public's unfavorable sterotypical comments to a minimum. Then the officers vote on it. Most votes carry the day. I am led to believe, via rumor, that many rural moto officers do not have the hazzardous environment of a congested urban area. So they opt for the shirt sleeves look with somegatt. These officers far outnumber the officers with a more hazzardous environment and carry the vote. Thus, police stiches and other reasonably good safety gear are a rarity here.

Believe it or not, our officers are not allowed to wear mirrored sunglasses due solely bad movie publicity. To a limited extent, I find it mildly amusing that our LEOs have to fight biker stereotypes as much as regular bikers. I just spent a day at the track yesterday and was appalled at the noise. The track had to close/quiet at 5PM because of local noise ordinances put specifically in place because of the track. As a group, you would think that bike racers would not be this dumb for this long (like the last 50yrs) and not figure out clue #1. Biker racers are a pretty small group compared to all the street riders. One would think that a small, intelligent group could get something done?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #9654
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futo View Post
Think this guy is a Florida Gators fan?

I deny any affiliation with this dork
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #9655
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwich View Post
Not even a cruiser lid for the pooch?

I don't care what else you may think, but that is one bad ass dog!
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #9656
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibafran View Post
do they not give the bike cops in the usa bike gear to wear??
as the UK bike cops get full gear to wear
Quote:
Here is the rumor that I heard from my local moto officers. The officers put in for the kind of uniform that they want to wear. The admin looks it over and adjusts it for some sort of proper (friendly? non-sturm trooper?) look to keep the public's unfavorable sterotypical comments to a minimum. Then the officers vote on it. Most votes carry the day. I am led to believe, via rumor, that many rural moto officers do not have the hazzardous environment of a congested urban area. So they opt for the shirt sleeves look with somegatt. These officers far outnumber the officers with a more hazzardous environment and carry the vote. Thus, police stiches and other reasonably good safety gear are a rarity here.

Believe it or not, our officers are not allowed to wear mirrored sunglasses due solely bad movie publicity. To a limited extent, I find it mildly amusing that our LEOs have to fight biker stereotypes as much as regular bikers. I just spent a day at the track yesterday and was appalled at the noise. The track had to close/quiet at 5PM because of local noise ordinances put specifically in place because of the track. As a group, you would think that bike racers would not be this dumb for this long (like the last 50yrs) and not figure out clue #1. Biker racers are a pretty small group compared to all the street riders. One would think that a small, intelligent group could get something done?

Most places it is more like you wear anything you want as long as it is exactly what they issue you.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?

GoGo Gadget screwed with this post 04-09-2012 at 06:23 PM
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #9657
Daamud
AAAAAYYY!

Oddometer: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211Chuck View Post
Your friend 205 sure has alot of different motorcycles"

I lurk here. Mostly scroll through as fast as the page loads. sorry

Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #9658
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,795
Quote:
Fresh lowside on the Dragon = broken leg.

I met this guy the day after his crash. He was standing ( with crutches ) under the tree of shame asking if anyone had any zip ties so he could hang the mirror off his CBR125 on the tree. Of course, being a KLR owner I always have zip ties with me and gave him a couple. Other than the cast on his leg and crutches he seemed to be in pretty good shape and not really bummed out.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #9659
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post

I find the top part odd, since the cops around here are allowed to wear paramilitary-style gear as their uniform. DPS is the only one that doesn't.

If you're ever in the area, come down to Firebird Raceway sometime.

Zero noise restrictions.

It's located on the reservation right outside Chandler. The indians that live on the rez don't live anywhere near it and they could give a shit less about what the City of Chandler thinks--not their land.

I saw an AHRMA race out there once and a few of the racers were talking about how excited they were to be able to throw the baffle-less reverse cones on their bikes again.

Most places it is more like you wear anything you want as long as it is exactly what they issue you.[/QUOTE]

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #9660
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Please tell me this is a troll post and you are not really this dumb.

Pushing a pig deep is not the way navigate a corner at speed.

The guy in the pudding helmet is relaxed and comfortable and clearly knows how to ride. (knowing how to ride is bad ass) The leather clad fool on the cruiser.... Not so much.

Bad ass? The only thing bad about the ATGATT cruiser rider is his riding form. He could go through that turn faster without throwing sparks if he had a little instruction.

Do you get along with anyone on ADV, or just post 15,000+ posts of arguing with people?

I didn't post the pictures with intent of "I sure hope Dakez agrees!!" Feel free to disagree. But if anyone gets the trolling award.......