ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #11056
Cowgirl
Cougar on the prowl
 
Cowgirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC - for now
Oddometer: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashCan View Post
Now that is just all kinds of wrong.
__________________
Cougar tracks
The initial pawprints
The blind date
A Cougar goes racing
Lead me not into temptation ............ just follow me, I know a short-cut.
Cowgirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #11057
Sumo64c
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
sheesh...for all you know they stopped around the corner and rerode just for the camera(jeans and ankle boots not with standing)

He could also be carrying a large insurance policy on her as well.
Sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #11058
fonztheyeti
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: below me
Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
sheesh...for all you know they stopped around the corner and rerode just for the camera(jeans and ankle boots not with standing)
i bet her 'stich was in the case.
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #11059
ianbh
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Oddometer: 293
Obviously she's scared to death!. Ian, Iowa

ianbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #11060
fonztheyeti
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: below me
Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ER70S-2 View Post
My salute to the women of Killboy
















nice compilation, thanks.
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #11061
fonztheyeti
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: below me
Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbh View Post
Obviously she's scared to death!. Ian, Iowa

she should be. that is clearly not the latest iphone.
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #11062
Fe Man
I am Iron Moran!
 
Fe Man's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Moran Nation, N. Atlanta Outpost
Oddometer: 8,012


Ah, to be young;


and absolutely ignorant! They probably spent hours, texting back and forth.
OMG,
BFF,

FYYFF
__________________
2006 Tiger
2008 KLR (hers)
Fe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #11063
Ritalin Boy
Petroconsumptivitius
 
Ritalin Boy's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Oddometer: 5,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorTroy View Post
What again are we looking at here?
Well the woman in the yellow tank is shortly going to realize that she ground all the skin off her palm.
Ritalin Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #11064
TheFitz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
Thank you.
You provided your own answers.

I guess once a person matures a bit their view changes as to what constitutes acceptable risk.
All a grows man needs to do is ask himself, "Would I feel comfortable if the passenger was my daughter? Would I rip the balls off and kill the fricking squid if he injured her?"

Well, would you?
Most men feel part of their job is to protect the women in their lives...
At least the Harley guys do...
LOL

Holy shit.


Dude, do you even ride a motorcycle?


Dragging knee in full leathers at a relatively slow (i.e. not race) pace is safer by far than commuting on , say, the i95. By the way, cornering at that speed is actually made SAFER by dragging a knee, but I don't guess you care to know anything about high performance riding

It's ok not to like things.


But don't be a dick about it
TheFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #11065
Tripped1
Likely Lost.
 
Tripped1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo
Oddometer: 7,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonztheyeti View Post
she should be. that is clearly not the latest iphone.
That picture is three or four years old now too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RottenScummyTroll View Post
Show folks something with a clutch and carburetor, and it's like teaching a baboon to use a Macbook.
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #11066
fonztheyeti
Banned
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: below me
Oddometer: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
That picture is three or four years old now too.
still a pretty good joke, no?
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #11067
UnsureFooting
Beastly Adventurer
 
UnsureFooting's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 5,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFitz View Post
LOL

Holy shit.


Dude, do you even ride a motorcycle?


Dragging knee in full leathers at a relatively slow (i.e. not race) pace is safer by far than commuting on , say, the i95. By the way, cornering at that speed is actually made SAFER by dragging a knee, but I don't guess you care to know anything about high performance riding

It's ok not to like things.


But don't be a dick about it
I commute in Dallas. I also watch the news. Pretty much a death a week for the first two months of summer, and one every other month the rest of the year. I don't think dickboy there could handle that. Drinking coffee, listening to a story about a rider death, right there where you're driving in about 30 minutes...


We call the 183/121 split the "death zone". There's usually at least one a month there, and it's less than two miles from my house. I hate living in a big city. :mad:
UnsureFooting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #11068
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
bwalsh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 10,921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Excuse me, dickhead, but nobody fucking "let's" me do anything. A grown woman is able to make her own decisions no matter whose daughter she is. I'd say that woman on that bike made her own decision too. Go back to your cave.
+1000!
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #11069
TheFitz
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsureFooting View Post
I commute in Dallas. I also watch the news. Pretty much a death a week for the first two months of summer, and one every other month the rest of the year. I don't think dickboy there could handle that. Drinking coffee, listening to a story about a rider death, right there where you're driving in about 30 minutes...


We call the 183/121 split the "death zone". There's usually at least one a month there, and it's less than two miles from my house. I hate living in a big city. :mad:
I lived in Austin for a while. Commuting there is dangerous as hell for motorcycles too.

Here in the DC area, not only are the drivers oblivious, but they're jerks as well. I've had drivers ACTIVELY seek to hit me for the "crime" of attempting to pass them.

I went passed a guy to get into a left turn lane once. He was stopped 20 feet short of the car in front of him, keeping me from getting into the lane. I used about 10 feet of the shoulder to bypass him and get into the turn lane i wanted, and he freaked out. Got out of his car and started walking toward me screaming about how he was gonna kick my ass.

When faced with a situation like that, i briefly weighed my options (pull my CCW piece, or check for traffic and if clear, run the light to get away from the looney)... I chose the second option since traffic was clear
TheFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #11070
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer
 
DAKEZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: OR
Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
Either way... typical immature squid.

You wanna risk your life on a public road that's your right.

Major fail for risking hers as well.

Do you even know how to ride?

How or why is this in your mind risking either life?

I just don't see it.

EDIT: I see


Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
I guess once a person matures a bit their view changes as to what constitutes acceptable risk.
All a grows man needs to do is ask himself, "Would I feel comfortable if the passenger was my daughter? Would I rip the balls off and kill the fricking squid if he injured her?"

Well, would you?
Most men feel part of their job is to protect the women in their lives...
At least the Harley guys do...
It is more clear to me now that I know that you ride a GEEZER Glide and have likely forgotten anything you ever knew about motorcycles that can actually lean farther than 30 degrees and be just fine.

In answer to your question. YES! Hell YES, I would be just fine with it if that was my daughter in the picture. (She would likely be on her own bike however and be the one with the knee down)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
I find it funny how if a HD rider puts a car tire on the back of his bike he's an idiot according to many here.
I find it funny how anyone could think that putting a flat surfaced tire on a vehicle that leans to turn could be anything but idiocy.

The Dumbsider forum is over there somewhere.
__________________
“Watch out for everything bigger than you, they have the "right of weight"
Bib

DAKEZ screwed with this post 05-15-2012 at 08:52 AM
DAKEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014