Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #13516
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
Silver Spring, starting pretty close to Harpers Ferry (which is stupid enough). I would commit suicide if I had to go to Alexandria. I guess getting another job might be an option in lieu of suicide but if I was working in Alexandria I'm not sure I could think that straight. ;)
I live in Alexandria, and love it. On the other hand, I couldn't be paid enough to live in MD, especially around the Beltway!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #13517
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
At least in Alexandria, there are fewer Maryland drivers. IJS!
Not enough fewer as far as I am concerned. Thier POS cars litter the roads around here. I mean like falling apart.

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #13518
Zoul
No Comment

Oddometer: 1,047
Quote:
Silver Spring, starting pretty close to Harpers Ferry (which is stupid enough). I would commit suicide if I had to go to Alexandria. I guess getting another job might be an option in lieu of suicide but if I was working in Alexandria I'm not sure I could think that straight. ;)
Ok, you've got it worse than I do. I'm coming from Dickerson to Bethesda down Old Georgetown Rd. I call it Combat Commuting. I ride like every single one of these cages is looking to take me out, especially the ones with Virginia tags.
Zoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 PM   #13519
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,234
Quote:
Hmm, as far as I'm concerned most of the drivers in the whole area suck so singling out the Maryland drivers doesn't really have much of a basis from my perspective. Not defending Maryland drivers just saying I wouldn't give Virginia drivers a better grade. Of course, like everyone else, I'm an exception. ;)

All the cagers around here suck, but the Maryland drivers are the bigger assholes. They do stupid shit all over the road. At least the VA morons stick to the left lane. Much easier to avoid.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #13520
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoul View Post
I ride like every single one of these cages is looking to take me out, especially the ones with Virginia tags.
I take it you have MD plates, yeah, they're just assuming that your a typical MD driver, and it's a "get them before they get me" attitude one has to develop in the area.

The only worse drivers I've experienced are the Canadians in the US. In their country, they do great, but let them cross the border, and all the rules and etiquette just disappear.

Oh yeah, I forget about the DC plates... Possibly worse than MD.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:53 PM   #13521
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,383
Quote:
I take it you have MD plates, yeah, they're just assuming that your a typical MD driver, and it's a "get them before they get me" attitude one has to develop in the area.

The only worse drivers I've experienced are the Canadians in the US. In their country, they do great, but let them cross the border, and all the rules and etiquette just disappear.

Oh yeah, I forget about the DC plates... Possibly worse than MD.

Don't ever drive between like Philly and Boston.

Maryland drivers just tend to sit door to door for no good reason, I don't remember them being that crazy.
Tripped1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #13522
Dave2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,277
Quote:
Hey Marylander, I ride into Silver Spring from Baltimore Moday thru Friday. Good to see someone else rides in to SS. The commute in is OK. The afternoon commute is highly entertaining.

K1200RS 04
KLR 650 08
Dave2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #13523
Beto
RustyGasket

Oddometer: 1,841
The Dragon can be busy as well...

Originally Posted by Ogre_fl
"If it's anyone's fault for a crash... it's always the Ass Fault."
Beto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:39 AM   #13524
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto View Post
The Dragon can be busy as well...

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:55 AM   #13525
CallMeBoog
Done

Oddometer: 5,523
Quote:

you must be talking about cars with Quebec plates...

It's because we know you're all armed!! We're just trying to get the hell outta your way!!

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #13526
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGreenBooger View Post
you must be talking about cars with Quebec plates...

It's because we know you're all armed!! We're just trying to get the hell outta your way!!
I have experienced many Quebecois, but I've seen plenty of similar behavior from Ontario and Brunswick plates too. If only you would get the hell out of the way! And just cause we have guns, doesn't mean we can shoot people for being in the way... Although that could make for a wonderful world!
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #13527
Wannabee
Survivor of Reality

Oddometer: 2,417
I see a lot of talk about Maryland drivers .. Ever been to PA ? I grew up 8 miles outside of Ocean City , MD and there is a standing joke down there about PA drivers . I moved to PA 7 years ago and everyone in this state drives like a 90 blind man. Everyone does the exact opposite of what the traffic laws are , I used to follow a lady every morning to work . She never did the speed limit , always 10 - 15 miles under the speed limit , until we went through a school zone , where she would floor it . Don't gets started on my Father in law who thinks it is legal to a left hand turn through a stop sign without stopping ... He says it's a rolling left and perfectly legal , and also says that motorcyclists don't belong on the road and deserve to be run over
Old 07-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #13528
WVhillbilly
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,726
If you could shoot people for being in the way, there would be a hell of a lot less people in the way.
WVhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #13529
Marylander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2 View Post
Hey Marylander, I ride into Silver Spring from Baltimore Moday thru Friday. Good to see someone else rides in to SS. The commute in is OK. The afternoon commute is highly entertaining.
That doesn't sound like a bad commute. My commute is easy as I get in at 5:30am and leave at 2:00pm and only have to head down there 3 days a week. On the rare occasion that I go in later I may go 70 to 32 or 29 to avoid the 270 insanity.

Dragon content: back in the late-90s I was going through there on my Hawk GT on the way home from a little tour. The bike was fully loaded (bags, tent, sleeping bag, etc) and I was in tour mode, not peg scraping/go fast mode. I stopped at one of the overlooks and a few guys in full leathers (which is good, of course) riding sportbikes went by. I got my gear on and got back on the road in the same direction as those guys (not to chase, just was ready to go). It wasn't long before I caught them. They were using both lanes and wicking it up on the straights but were so slow through the corners it was sad. This is not bragging on my skills as I'm just so so but those guys were fully decked out in full racer-wear without a lick of skill in the whole group and the stupidity to use both lanes.
Marylander is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #13530
Beto
RustyGasket

Oddometer: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20valves View Post
and the continuation....

Originally Posted by Ogre_fl
"If it's anyone's fault for a crash... it's always the Ass Fault."
Beto is online now   Reply With Quote