Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #151
drbig
Solo Sailor

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind-venture
or get yourself one of those fancy Austrian water pistols

Curious, whats the Israeli laws on concealed weapons? ANy chance of a foriegn national being legal carrying one?
Very hard or near impossible to get a permit for a fire arm. you need to prove that you need it for your job of if you live in a troubled part of the country or that you are part of the law enforcement or army personal otherwise you can't own a weapon. But if you do have one you are allowed to concealed it.
it is strange that the system is so tough on this issue and at the same time thousands of 20 year old's carry M16's home on leave from the armed forces on the weekends. Personally I have no problem with the fact that only those who really need a fire arm can have one and those who only want one keep on wanting. the fewer the merrier.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #152
Wind-venture
Banned

Oddometer: 4,902
Not trying to get political... *Laughs*.... I was curious 'cause I like to shoot
Do you know of any range open to the public? Now I don't want to shoot at
Palestinians

I did not realise that piece was made in Austria.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #153
Wind-venture
Banned

[quote=Wind-venture]Not trying to get political... *Laughs*.... I was curious 'cause I like to shoot
Do you know of any range open to the public? Now I don't want to shoot at
Palestinians

The piece i'm thinking about is German
Old 05-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #154
MCmad
Banned

Oddometer: 7,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkado
Any aussies\Kiwis around?
Just loving all this Israel stuff, Have a friend who once lived there and Will move there some day

Since NewZealand is the futherest country from Israel http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...3.4375&t=h&z=2 hope you dont mind some pic's from here to see how Oposite lands look, Biblicaly we are at the ends of the Earth

MCmad screwed with this post 05-10-2009 at 03:16 AM
Old 05-10-2009, 11:55 AM   #155
MCmad
Banned

Quote:
Shalom,

Thank you for your courteous, honest reply.

I am not intending to turn this into a political discussion even as those aspects interest me. I would be interested in such a discussion in the appropriate forum or by private message

As for the race issues pertaining to opposing sides, it is the states duty to take measures during a time of war that safeguard its people. In the examples you mentioned the U.S. and UK confined people out of due diligence for the safety of the state during a global war. The Japanese population was segregated by cultural and language barriers. And the flood of German Jews to England were still German nationals

Israel, as you have stated, is in a much different circumstance as the opposing sides are at odds for a relative extended period. Hence issues like the West Bank wall and the Gaza Strip. Such is not strictly an Israeli issue as many countries across the world have divides within society..

SHALOM
Glenn
I would be interested in such a thing and have some thoughts I would like to bring to table, I am allso interested to hear the responses of those who live in The Holy Land.

To some degree Im not sure if they realize the significants of what is unfolding around them.
Im also not sure why people are fearful of discussing such things here, as long as everyone remains calm and respectfull we may all learn somethings ,

PS, am loving going though pictures of the places I am familiar with by name, it sure is a Scenic place
Old 05-10-2009, 01:03 PM   #156
Wind-venture
Banned

They want to keep the hot political things in a different thread.
I understand why, 'cause some people have very staunch opinions.
For me it adds to the adventure knowing a bit of the issues that affect an area. Kinda like history in motion if you will.

Israel definetly has some good scenery. The American Southwest is prettier in my opinion. Doesn't have a couple of thousands of years worht of written history that the Holy Land does. Which, for me, made it a more interesting trip. Like standing in the Sea of Galilee where Jesus is said to have walked on water. Or seeing the wailing wall and the huge devotion people have every night. I would've liked to go see the Temple Mound but my companion was leary of possible Arab hostility. Gotta admit, with the stories of kidnapping and auto theft and violent incidents between Jews and Muslims/Arabs, it made the venture to the Syrian border area interesting as we drove down a street with every eye from the outdoor cafe on us. Definetly not the place you'd want to get into trouble. The mountain road leading west from there was a great twisty... missed my motorcycle!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #157
nave
Nave

Oddometer: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800rider
I would be interested in such a thing and have some thoughts I would like to bring to table, I am allso interested to hear the responses of those who live in The Holy Land.

To some degree Im not sure if they realize the significants of what is unfolding around them.
Im also not sure why people are fearful of discussing such things here, as long as everyone remains calm and respectfull we may all learn somethings ,

PS, am loving going though pictures of the places I am familiar with by name, it sure is a Scenic place
Hello and welcome 800rider!!!
I'm happy to see you (and your bike ) here
As for your interests- I'm certain you will get response here. as I told you- we can't escape...
Our good ambassador will be happy to respond. (Come on guys...)
After all it's never only about motorcycle when Israel involved
Old 05-11-2009, 12:29 AM   #158
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
Quote:

Therein lies the problem!

It is one thing to be calm and respectful, but as soon as someone offers the opinion that a single state solution with the right of return for all 'displaced' Palestinians is the answer the Israelis hear "Israel should be destroyed" (for that is in effect the suggestion) and, obviously, take umbrage!

In CS&M there are a million threads about Israel and the Arabs, it is my best advice that this remains the thread that it is and Jo Mamma and CS&M remain the place to discuss politics.

Just my two Shekels!

Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 AM   #159
Bonsai Elephant
Banned

Oddometer: 18,756
Talking More from Mitzpeh Ramon....

There is more than one way to ride around the crater!

Old 05-11-2009, 02:47 AM   #160
MCmad
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Miller
Therein lies the problem!

It is one thing to be calm and respectful, but as soon as someone offers the opinion that a single state solution with the right of return for all 'displaced' Palestinians is the answer the Israelis hear "Israel should be destroyed" (for that is in effect the suggestion) and, obviously, take umbrage!

In CS&M there are a million threads about Israel and the Arabs, it is my best advice that this remains the thread that it is and Jo Mamma and CS&M remain the place to discuss politics.

Just my two Shekels!

Yes I hear what your saying but it is nice to talk to those who are so connected and amongst the land and all that scenery may mellow us

A question of interest, who owns the Land , And who was it given to ,

Ps, Ive never been told off here at Adv, am I about to be by Jo ???

MCmad screwed with this post 05-11-2009 at 03:29 AM
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 AM   #161
MCmad
Banned

Quote:
They want to keep the hot political things in a different thread.
I understand why, 'cause some people have very staunch opinions.
For me it adds to the adventure knowing a bit of the issues that affect an area. Kinda like history in motion if you will.

Israel definetly has some good scenery. The American Southwest is prettier in my opinion. Doesn't have a couple of thousands of years worht of written history that the Holy Land does. Which, for me, made it a more interesting trip. Like standing in the Sea of Galilee where Jesus is said to have walked on water. Or seeing the wailing wall and the huge devotion people have every night. I would've liked to go see the Temple Mound but my companion was leary of possible Arab hostility. Gotta admit, with the stories of kidnapping and auto theft and violent incidents between Jews and Muslims/Arabs, it made the venture to the Syrian border area interesting as we drove down a street with every eye from the outdoor cafe on us. Definetly not the place you'd want to get into trouble. The mountain road leading west from there was a great twisty... missed my motorcycle!
I know a lot of people that have been to Israel and said similair things regards the History since I have not I am most enjoy the pictures for the same reasons ,
Nave has been showing pictures of "The promised land" ( thats a hint for my question in previos post) and I have really been amazed ,
Ive also seen a few of the American Ride threads very cool also, was going to do Route 66 at some stage , we will see

Adventures Await

Old 05-11-2009, 07:37 AM   #162
lukasteam
Life is beautiful !!!

Oddometer: 414
Shalom,
Really nice pics. i realy miss the desert.I'm Stuck in Illinois now..how boring...Enybody been riding down in Dead sea walley? I used to work at "Dead sea works" there.I remember the incredible scenery and not a cloud in thee sky all year long.
Keep those pics. coming!!!
Shalom!!!
Lukas
Old 05-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #163
Merkado
XRV750

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Just loving all this Israel stuff, Have a friend who once lived there and Will move there some day

Since NewZealand is the futherest country from Israel http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...3.4375&t=h&z=2 hope you dont mind some pic's from here to see how Oposite lands look, Biblicaly we are at the ends of the Earth

Hi! I was asking if any aussie/kiwis around because of that pictures attached, from the ANZAC memorial....

I still havent got to see the Kiwis,and I've heard that New-Zealand is one of the most stunning place on earth... hope to get there some day...

Anyways,I've sure had my share of down under australia as I rode all around and across it 2 years ago... (on a Dominator like you seem to have had,Best bike I will proberly ever own)
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #164
Merkado
XRV750

Oddometer: 53
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 10:43 AM   #165
tundrawolf
Desert Rat V Star

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goride
Hello friends!
I've been reading ADV for quite some time, enjoying from almost every post I encounter. The wonderful stories and pictures that riders post always toke my imagination and dreams far from here.
I always wanted a bulky Varadero, but finally realized that what I really want is an Africa Twin, so two years ago I bought 2000 AT, and start riding both road and gravel.

Apparently, many people are riding the world but unfortunately they don't get to ride in Israel.
It is probably because many people hear mostly bad news coming from this region concerning politics and military. I assume that there are those that cannot point on Israel over the world map.
Therefore, I thought it might interest ADV members to read stories and have pictures from this tiny country.

Few words about myself: my name is Eldad Greenfield, 27 year old architecture student, live today in Tel Aviv with my GF, paying ALOT for my 2 bedroom rented apartment (prices in Tel Aviv just rise high no matter recession).

Since my friends and I ride almost every week, I will update this thread regularly, bring you the stories, reports and pictures from our riding in Israel. Maps and references will follow the text for your convenience.

This is a general view of Israel and its sorroundings:
I love Israel. If I could take my wolf there I'd love to make it my home. I have nothing but respect for Israelis.
Closed Thread