Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Some Assembly Required
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #46
Coachgeo OP
Diesel Adventurer

Oddometer: 516
Been shopping around for ancillary parts I needed (and some not NEEDED) that fit my budget while Curtis is working on bike. So far I picked up (but not all delivered yet):

Must haves cause I had none of the below any more

. Sidi Summer Riding boots w/molded in sole. Used; from an Inmate at a fair price
. Oneal Element boots (sewn in soles......... allows me to add to sole so the tall bike fits my shorter legs better). Used; from a Local. Maybe a bit high at $35 bucks for the amount of scrapes but wanted the sewn in sole.
. Joe Rocket Alter Ego All weather Adv. pants, liners, armour. Used; From an Inmate at a fair price.
. Registered for OH required riding school. Steal at 50 bucks for helmet and bike included. Will take their other ones probably too. End of May on a weekend I wont have athletes at a competition.

Picked up "new" protection (thanks to advice from an Inmate)

. New helmet on sale (Gmax GM11S)

. New water proof gloves on sale

One NOT NEEDED yet but deal was too good and it rounds things out NICE since this is meant to be an adventure bike

Custom home-brewed Panniers!! Honestly I also like the protection good panniers provide the rider and bike. Used -
Curtis in Tx can make brackets to fit them no problem

see
http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post20788263

Coachgeo screwed with this post 02-22-2013 at 08:09 PM
Coachgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #47
Coachgeo OP
Diesel Adventurer

So how should I paint it?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870791

Also finally got some one from Polaris Corp. to talk to me. Dealers didn't know SQUAT about using anything for a custom project. In fact pretty much no one did. Who I reached was a division of Polaris that sponsors SAE Baja. That is a Baja ATV race. All the rigs are built by engineering students at Univ. across the country.

That department said NOPE...... the Polaris CVT I got won't be able to handle the torque. Belt pinch wont be tight enough. The site that lead me to that Polaris Dept. is a forum for SAE Baja participants. While lurking thru it I came across another CVT for sale. This one was at one time on one of the Univ. of Nebraska rigs is my understanding. This one is a unit made by CVTech. Another sponsor of SAE Baja. It is a Powerbloc 50 primary and a LSE secondary. Specs show it should work well and be a good bit cheaper to tune too. It should now have arrived in TX where Curtis will investigate more.

PS- in by build thread linked at top of first page is more detail on what Polaris said AND recommendations for specific Polaris CVT's they feel might work.

Coachgeo screwed with this post 03-15-2013 at 07:20 PM
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #48
rockland213
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Coach
When you get your bike in Dayton let me know, I am from Sidney (45 mi north) and would love to check it out. I am planing to build an ADV diesel someday.

Rocky
rockland213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
Coachgeo OP
Diesel Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockland213 View Post
Coach
When you get your bike in Dayton let me know, I am from Sidney (45 mi north) and would love to check it out. I am planing to build an ADV diesel someday.

Rocky
Will do. Glad to find a potential inmate to explore with though my schedule is very not typical.

Next school year I'll be in Sydney a couple times for competitions most likely too.

PS. Funny we have a Rocky on staff here too.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #50
RBnite
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgeo View Post
This is what I am copying except it will be little more powerfull motor and one that is more available in the US. Bike in video is in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7BqPBvVuyY

Mine will be black like this one

I hope with all you buy for the bike a bandage kit is one of them is one of the parts. That open primary is scary.
RBnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #51
Coachgeo OP
Diesel Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBnite View Post
I hope with all you buy for the bike a bandage kit is one of them is one of the parts. That open primary is scary.
That is not my bike. That was a test run by the first person to build a diesel Tiger. He's build many since. Steamers, Girlies, Road Triples too. Yes he (Heiko) has all of them covered too.

Im actually going to use a CVT but yes......... it will be covered too.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #52
Coachgeo OP
Diesel Adventurer

Build pics started

http://suckindiesel.com/thingy/viewt...p=17494#p17494

Should be viewable w/out having to join the site.