Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #181
ONYERBIKE
LE Rosbeeeeef!

Oddometer: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitbonzo View Post
personally I think the dealer SUCKS for not filling the tank. Its not going to be more than £10! DOGS!

first service i would expect to pay for.

I was shocked to be asked for £211 for my 8k service! oww.

running in? I have heard that it is unneccesary to run new engines in ( not in any way official) but get on and ride. Maybe not flat out or revving the nuts off it until it is warmed up.

My experience of revving as high as it will go gets you to 85ish then it runs out of power but is not screaming.
How much???
I was shocked when my local Honda dealer gave me my bill of £144 for a 8000 mile service two weeks ago........I was expecting it to be around £115.
Did you go to an official Honda dealer?
ONYERBIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 AM   #182
HondaBlue
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
1st photo

Here is my Garmin Nuvi 1210 in a RAM mount via a short RAM Arm with a mirror base mount. The lead is draped through the glove-box which is kept closed with a strip of Velcro. A lash up, I know, but OK for 20 miles. I can hear the instructions - with the volume at max - at low-to-medium speeds. All you need is an alert to look at the screen.
For a trip to Italy, I would want it routed through the bodywork. There is no room for the Garmin Power Adaptor to plug straight in, so I made a little 6" extension lead.

I also run electric gloves from that outlet since I don't agree with muffs.

Little thermometer on the dash behind it.

Also Givi Airflow screen - much better than Honda set-up.
Hey John

I have a sat nav that i want to mount on my bike, i have a small garmin one, where did you get the mount from please ??

Is that attached to the wing mirror ??

Cheers
Mike
HondaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #183
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Hey John

I have a sat nav that i want to mount on my bike, i have a small garmin one, where did you get the mount from please ??

Is that attached to the wing mirror ??

Cheers
Mike
I bought one of these http://www.buybits.com/product/7157.aspx and one of these unit-specific RAM holders http://www.buybits.com/product/5741.aspx for my 2007 model. It mounts on the mirror post

Buybits are good to deal with.

Hope this helps,

John
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #184
Irishrover63
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Honda SH300i Important Update

If you don't reside in the UK then you probably wont receive this letter from Honda regarding a stalling issue.

They are not just re-mapping the ECU, but changing it all together. Just thought I would let you know in case anyone was experiencing this problem.
Irishrover63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #185
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishrover63 View Post
If you don't reside in the UK then you probably wont receive this letter from Honda regarding a stalling issue.

They are not just re-mapping the ECU, but changing it all together. Just thought I would let you know in case anyone was experiencing this problem.
Mine's being seen on Thursday, 29th.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM   #186
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 638
Quote:

Sounds like the same kind of problems the Big Ruckus had , a terrible bog off the line and then a flat spot before you were off and running .
On top of that the single rear shock was so weak replacing it was a must . Unfortunately instead of re-calling the BR and fixing the problems
Honda just ended production . This IMHO was the biggest mistake Honda has ever made . The Big Ruckus again IMHO was the best scooter
concept of all time , and I mean that sincerely .

Once I re-jetted the carburetor to eliminate the bog , replaced the rear shock with a Bitubo , and then replaced the variator with a Jcosta ,
it became what it should have been off the show room floor , the worldís bestís 250cc scooter ever .The only thing I would change on top
of what Iíve already changed is add a little bigger motor , another 50ccís would have done the job .

Compared to other scooters the BR is like a tank ,and if you are willing to give up the passenger seat you can install a mega sized trunk on it .
If I were in charge at Honda I would build 3 ruckus scooters , the 50cc , a 300cc and a 600cc . They have the power trains , but not the will apparently .
Iíve owned a lot of bikes over the years , and Iíve learned there is no such thing a the perfect bike for every one and for every use . That said for me
the Big Ruckus came pretty close . Maybe it would have been to expensive to do it right , and then no one would have bought one ? I heard from several
people that they thought they were to expensive at around 6K out the door , so another $500 to do it right might have killed demand ?

If some one is looking for the best bang for the buck and doesnít mind the plastic body , a low mileage Reflex with the carburetor re-jetted and a jcosta variator would
serve him or her well . This is especially true for some one who drives in inclement weather a lot of the time , the stock Reflex offers a lot of wind protection .

Thatís my 2 cents on the subject .........TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #187
ONYERBIKE
LE Rosbeeeeef!

Oddometer: 356
Quote:

I have had my 2008 SH300 for about 3months now, never had a problem, bike has been great, just had an 8000 mile service done and the dealer changed the ECU as part of a recall..... got the bike back, rode into London so about 30 miles of mixed riding, motorway, main roads etc, bike was fine, stopped at a red light, went to pull away when light went green and the engine just stalled, started again no problem and was fine for the rest of the day, rode the bike again the next day and the change oil light come on, this bearing in mind that I had just got it back from a service at a Honda dealer. Took the bike back and explained the problem, they put it on the computer and road tested it, apparently finding no faults with the bike........will have to wait and see what happens, hopefully just a blip where a technician wasn't doing his job properly.
ONYERBIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:09 AM   #188
Steve_Dalton
Scooterist

Oddometer: 20
Got my one booked in for Oct 8th. I have had it just cough and stall at the lights with no load on the throttle. Apparently the dealer is fitting a new ECU plus a throttle body. I'm also getting two new keys (coded to the new ECU) which is handy because I snapped one of them opening the top box a year ago. I wasn't going to pay £70 for a coded key so I got a non-coded one for a fiver and used that just to open the top box. That snapped last week and they still say its not a problem! Has anyone else had that problem with the top box?
Steve_Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #189
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

The top box is so much aggro that I bought a Givi E47 and the Honda box lies in the attic for when I sell the bike. Indeed the previous owner had done the key-snapping job for me, so I bought it with 2 ignition keys and two box keys . You can see my color-matched Givi in the photos above. Since I will recoup most of the cost of the Givi by selling it on Fleabay when the time comes, I don't regard it as that expensive.

Apparently the 8,000 mile service includes an ECU reset for the idling speed, so with my new ECU at 7,500 miles I don't need that job .

Regards,

John
Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #190
Irishrover63
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bentall View Post
1st photo

Here is my Garmin Nuvi 1210 in a RAM mount via a short RAM Arm with a mirror base mount. The lead is draped through the glove-box which is kept closed with a strip of Velcro. A lash up, I know, but OK for 20 miles. I can hear the instructions - with the volume at max - at low-to-medium speeds. All you need is an alert to look at the screen.
For a trip to Italy, I would want it routed through the bodywork. There is no room for the Garmin Power Adaptor to plug straight in, so I made a little 6" extension lead.

I also run electric gloves from that outlet since I don't agree with muffs.

Little thermometer on the dash behind it.

Also Givi Airflow screen - much better than Honda set-up.
I have a Garmin Nuvi and intend soldering a mono female jack directly onto the speaker so I can then wear a mono earpiece and hear the instructions without glancing. Hope it works.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:53 PM   #191
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I have a Garmin Nuvi and intend soldering a mono female jack directly onto the speaker so I can then wear a mono earpiece and hear the instructions without glancing. Hope it works.
I have done exactly that with a previous Garmin i3 and it worked fine. A couple of pictures of the "operation" would be brilliant!
John
Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 PM   #192
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Honda Sh300 Alternator Capactity

Just in case anyone is interested, the alternator is 368W at 5,000 rpm. Source: Workshop manual

I had a pair of non-Honda (R&G) heated grips fitted recently and was assured the alternator had plenty of capacity. These grips are wired through the ignition and shut down if the battery charge level is too low.

Regards,

John
Old 11-20-2011, 12:07 PM   #193
_Tom_
n00b

Oddometer: 3
pl175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Albi View Post
Hi John
used the fitting kit for the SH 125 05-08 model I think it was the PL175 very little work to do just a few extra pieces of thin steel to make it sturdy,the Givi E21 panniers
are a real asset for carrying items on the scoot with the lack of underseat storage.
Albi
hello, please how did you adjust to the PL175 honda sh 300th one point below the rear bolt handle. But what next? remade as the bolt back to the rear rack.

last point could be the rear shock bolt.

thank you very much for your answer. Ideally, the e-mail: neuman.tomas@gmail.com

power would mean to me

thank you
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #194
_Tom_
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Nobody knows the answer?
_Tom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #195
Irishrover63
Adventurer

Oxford Hot Grips

Just fitted these to the SH300, probably easier to fit on a motorcycle. They make a great difference to your hands on my cold commute to work. I put together a vid on how I fitted them if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg3YZIotsUc