Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #121
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Dalton View Post
That was the new price 2 years ago They're 4538 over here now so that makes them about $7400. How does that price compare to other scoots in the US?

That sounds much more realistic. It is okay compared to other scoots here, but not as enchanting as the price you paid!

The Basic Burgman 400 retails for $6,599 minus the $1,000 off Suzuki is offering right now. So it is $5,599 before all the dealer feas.

Honda doesn't offer a 300-400 cc scooter right now, actually this year the SH150i was cut along with the Elite 110. So we only have the PCX, Ruckus, met, and Silverwing. The PCX is an okay price, but the rest are a little over priced.

Actually right now Kymco is offering the Downtown 300i for $5,599. Its also a great scooter as far as I hear. I am going to be looking into a used Burgman 400 in the future myself.

Honda has lots of cash to play with in the bike market because of their car market. If they sold 0 bikes they could move on business wise. I guarantee if they brought the 300 here, gave it the price you paid for your, and advertised it they'd hit a jackpot in the scooter market, but not that they'd care.
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #122
alphaBETAdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
I'd like to see Honda will bring the SH300i into the US. It seems to check off all the boxes on my wishlist as an ideal scoot. I like the trim size and 16" wheels of my 'Beo 150, but certainly would like more power on the freeway. I can keep up, but am topped out with little extra power for any evasive manuevers - sort of makes me feel vulnerable. I also want to be able to climb hills on the freeway or fast highways and not slow down.

16" wheels are a biggy for me. The comparible Sym Citycom and Kymco People GTi300 (which also isn't sold in the US) just don't quite stack up to what I have read about the SH300i in terms of power, speed, brakes, and weight.
alphaBETAdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #123
Big Albi
n00b

Oddometer: 8
This is our Sh 300 used daily all year round fitted with a new adjustable windscreen.
Attached Images

Big Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #124
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,499
very nice Albi

very nice indeed
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #125
Steve_Dalton
Scooterist

Oddometer: 20
Bloody jinx, this forum!

Not 2 days since joining and posting a picture of my pride and joy, this happens:

Coming along on the outside of stationary traffic and the blue Merc van in the picture decides to suddenly swing our from the traffic and knocks me right off. The replacement panels, screen and levers are going to cost 467.. At least the driver admitted liability, doesn't want to go through his insurance and is bringing the cash round to me next Tuesday. He says. We'll see. He'll get a bit of this if he's messing me about.
Attached Images

Steve_Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #126
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
That sucks... are you OK?
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:48 AM   #127
LarryRickenbacker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Get well soon!

Howdy,

Steve: I hope you injuries are minor and your hospital's nurses pretty. Get well soon!
LarryRickenbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:53 AM   #128
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
I like the SH300i too. From the specs and reviews it looks like the perfect scooter for what I want. Unfortunately Honda will never bring it to the States since they can't keep up with demand in Europe and wouldn't want to "canibalize" their US line. The scooter market is miniscule in the US, ...
Chupa -
Good info that I didn't know. If they can't keep up with demand in Europe, it will never get here.

We MIGHT have a shot if they increase production -- maybe.

As several of you have pointed out - the US is a tiny part of the world market for scooters. The producers just can't afford to spend much time on us. Sad but true.
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #129
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Dalton View Post
Bloody jinx, this forum!

Not 2 days since joining and posting a picture of my pride and joy, this happens:

panels and parts can be replaced

here's hoping you are OK

stay well
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:04 PM   #130
Steve_Dalton
Scooterist

All.

Thanks. Just a few grazes on my shins and a bruise on my hip.

I was just lucky no traffic was coming the other way but then again, if there was, the van driver wouldn't have swung out into oncomng traffic!
Old 03-04-2011, 03:59 PM   #131
btcn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,880
Man, that sucks! I'm very glad your okay, and I hope that damn van driver pays for the damage! Scooters are underestimated on the road, especially their speed!
btcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:32 AM   #132
Steve_Dalton
Scooterist

Well he's just been round and paid up in cash so all's well......
Old 03-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #133
Sparkytoo
Quiet Rider

Oddometer: 26
US SH300i Availability

I'd like to replace my Silver Wing with something lighter, more economical and better handling with "big" wheels to better deal with rough pavement and pot holes. The SH300i appears to be the best alternative currently in production. Thus, I have written American Honda and asked them to bring the SH300i ABS model to the US market.

If anyone else actually wants one here in the USA, I suggest you write also. Just bitching on this web site won't get the job done.

------------------------------------------------

2002 Silver Wing
Sparkytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #134
approachbears
250cc is 50cc too many

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
...Honda doesn't offer a 300-400 cc scooter right now, actually this year the SH150i was cut along with the Elite 110...
Was the SH150i actually "cut" for good or is this another case of Honda just not or not yet releasing a 2011 model or putting it off for a 2012 model until they get through the back log of older ones sitting on dealer floors? They've done this before with scooters like the Ruckus.
approachbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #135
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Big Albi

What fitting kit did you use to fit those Givi panniers to the bike?

Inquiring minds want to know!

TIA,

John
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote