ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 AM   #421
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyNinja
Yeah, I had a life experience this morning on my way into work. I hit a corner that I normally rail at 50+mph at 45mph and my rear tire broke traction near the apex. I slid the rear out to the right and stood the bike up to apply front brake while there was a slight tank slapper going on. Somehow, I managed to keep the rubber side down and on the road.

I continued on to work, just like I had meant to do that awesome powerslide out of the corner because I had witnesses! Of course, my heart rate and blood pressure were through the roof.

I really need to sell my hooligan bike before I get myself hurt and buy one of them there fancy DS bikes.
Glad you were able to keep it out of FP...do you keep a spare set of "you know what" at the office?

Mike
yosso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #422
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosso
Glad you were able to keep it out of FP...do you keep a spare set of "you know what" at the office?

Mike

Trust me, my "you know what" was puckered so tight I don't think I could have forced a category 5 hurricane through!
I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give. -Thomas Jefferson

Tornado Alley Rally, June 10th, 2011!
HillbillyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #423
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Oddometer: 319
Quote:

I really need to sell my hooligan bike before I get myself hurt and buy one of them there fancy DS bikes.
Get real, you'll just get a DS bike and put slicks on it to make it a super-moto.

Never buy a fur coat from a man being chased by a naked bear.
Gray Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #424
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Dragon
Get real, you'll just get a DS bike and put slicks on it to make it a super-moto.
'

I like to tell myself that I'll have two sets of wheels, one set for the street and one for the not so street. However, even a DS with slicks will be better offroad than my current off road ninja!
I had rather be shut up in a very modest cottage with my books, my family and a few old friends, dining on simple bacon, and letting the world roll on as it liked, than to occupy the most splendid post, which any human power can give. -Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #425
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,774
You know you are getting old when you start THINKING that a dual sport looks kinda sexy and you want one!
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #426
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLewall
You know you are getting old when you start THINKING that a dual sport looks kinda sexy and you want one!
Oh, I was that strange teen ager that thought the DR350 was the sexiest bike ever. Just because it's the only thing I could afford had no sway whatsoever on that emotion I promise!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #427
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly
I have a brother down there that used cause his fair share of trouble but he cleaned his act up a few years back.

Last weekend I spent a little time getting the bike ready to travel. I also pulled my tent out of the bag and set it up so it could air out a little.

Now all I need is a destination... LOL
ITS SLAP time, plan a trip down to Arkansas and be my pavement riding buddy! We can show those awful Dual Sport guys how it's done.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #428
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Quote:
ITS SLAP time, plan a trip down to Arkansas and be my pavement riding buddy! We can show those awful Dual Sport guys how it's done.
Me thinks you should take a closer look at those tires. I'd say that is pretty much ready for a few dirt roads at least.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:09 AM   #429
DirtyDR650
Mud Lover

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Fess up, you just want to stow yer gear in his trailer.

What exactly are ya gonna show us DS guys how to do, btw?
Old 12-23-2009, 09:26 AM   #430
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDR650
Fess up, you just want to stow yer gear in his trailer.

What exactly are ya gonna show us DS guys how to do, btw?
I figured we'd bring the wheel polish kits and shine up the chromey bits while you go get all muddy and stuff! By, the way, I'm just jealous that I don't currently have a DS and am trying to compensate with horrible humor...

Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #431
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I figured we'd bring the wheel polish kits and shine up the chromey bits while you go get all muddy and stuff! By, the way, I'm just jealous that I don't currently have a DS and am trying to compensate with horrible humor...
No comment.

BTW, you need to pickup the KC tag, it's still down here in SW Missouri. GD is supposed to grab it today, but perhaps you can beat him to it?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #432
HillbillyNinja OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
No comment.

BTW, you need to pickup the KC tag, it's still down here in SW Missouri. GD is supposed to grab it today, but perhaps you can beat him to it?
We're both chomping at the bit, that site looks like Radar hill, but I may be mistaken. So, we'll sneak over that way in a bit

Old 12-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #433
DirtyDR650
Mud Lover

Oddometer: 332
What are these "chromey bits" you speak of? And what's "polish"?

I think there used to be some chrome bolts on the DR, but I can't tell anymore.

DirtyDR650 screwed with this post 12-23-2009 at 12:32 PM
DirtyDR650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #434
yosso
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
We're both chomping at the bit, that site looks like Radar hill, but I may be mistaken. So, we'll sneak over that way in a bit
I think that's it, but just in case, one last hint, North of Captain Johns Hole in Ore or No Go.

M.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:34 PM   #435
Gray Dragon
Geezer rider

Quote:
I think that's it, but just in case, one last hint, North of Captain Johns Hole in Ore or No Go.

M.
Well we posted the tag. Unfortunately we ran out of daylight to find the next tag. Today the weather is looking crappy and HBN has the joy of working for a living. Tomorrow is obviously not looking good for a ride either. So it may be Saturday when we can coordinate something.