Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM   #1936
Scalpel 3000
Proficient Scootering

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanthepostman
I keep mentioning you guys and the support me and Dot have had across the pond to the publisher in the hope they will eventually decide to release it internationally. At the moment, being the Australian division of the company, that's the only place it's initially due for release. But I'm working on it.
Ask em if it'll be available through Amazon or something. If not, they better expect a lot of international orders!
Scalpel 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:19 AM   #1937
Speedmaster58
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalpel 3000
Ask em if it'll be available through Amazon or something. If not, they better expect a lot of international orders!
+ 1 to that

Well done Nathan, I keep spreading the gospel of DOT to everyone I see
Speedmaster58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #1938
Brainflex
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Thanks

Thanks Nathan for including us in your trip. I have really enjoyed your pictures, videos and words. Its been a real pleasure finding ur updates on here. I am looking forward to the book and maybe a movie? Hmmm Who to play Nathan? Any suggestions?
Brainflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #1939
johnnygequinunk
Adventure Traveler

Oddometer: 107
Laugh Greetings from Equinunk PA U.S.A.

I just wanted to wish you and Dot well now that you two have made it home.

I know what you mean by being wet and cold out.
Here I have the gear and not feeling like going out.
But tomorrow is another day and another rally to go to.
I'm gona chance the weather and put my gear on ( all water proof.) and attemp to go the 100 miles to Hunter for the BMW rally. ( They don't mind the ocasional KLR. lol ) ( But I think they get pissed that my bike makes less noise then theirs do.)
The rain I can deal with gear or not, it's just the cold. Winter is well on it's way here. Time to head south soon. ( I wish I could take my bikes, but no room for them in the town car. Maybe next year.)
Then Back to work and the real love of the open road takes over. ( one million miles and still counting. )

As I wrote before Nate. If you stayed at a camp in Equinunk you were not a half mile from my door step. And yes it is a very small world.

I am happy both of you made it home. I know the funk of the road is wearing off..........well, start writing so you can get back to riding.
Oh how I know the lure of the open road.
I bet with the cold where you are, the south of spain is sounding good at this time of year, no? Maybe you could prerun the Paris Dakkar on sweet little dot.
Maybe get those pyrimid pictures?
Well, thanks for a grade "A" read. the pictures were great. ( even though they took me hours to load. well worth it.)
Next time you go for a ride "Big Teeth" tell yourself and Dot that you are now known and loved around the world. No small feat.
God Bless and God Speed.
johnnygequinunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #1940
Turtle
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 207
Gidday Nathan... I would like to know what it has cost you for your journey?

I am thinking of a similar trip but have no idea how much I should allow for such an idea.

Its good to see you back home and still smiling.

Have a pint for me at any establishment of your choice and remember the thoughts we have sent you along your journey.

Cheers
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #1941
nathanthepostman OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Mate, I really couldn't tell you exactly how much it cost me, not til I've added up all the red numbers. More than a flight ticket that's for sure.

But look, I'm going to shoot straight here, you've got to go and research this shit yourself if you're serious about doing it, all the info's out there and it's more helpful for you to know where to find it than me type it all up here and make life easy.

Start with Horizons Unlimited and Google. It's where I read about everything I needed.

But think Carnet de pasage, shipping, visas, contingencies and living costs. 10 per day is a good average to work to in most of the countries.

Once you've had a look for yourself just PMSG me with any specific questions you're struggling with.
nathanthepostman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #1942
ILikeJumps
but i can't do big ones

Oddometer: 27
Congrats Nathan and Dot, awesome story and pictures.

I reckon it is a motorbike and not a moped though.

Cheers!
Old 10-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #1943
Davis53
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 540
I am sorry to see this ride is over. Sometimes it was the highlight of my day to see what happened to Nathan and Dot. Great job and excellent adventure. You have lived what I can not. I am grateful to you for sharing your trip, and taking the time to post.

If you are ever in San Francisco, I will buy the seafood and beer.
R90/6
TW200
KTM300EXC
KDX200

Davis53 screwed with this post 10-04-2009 at 01:39 PM
Davis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1944
exiledinaus
Get off my land!!!

Oddometer: 185
awesome. just awesome.

well done Mate
exiledinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #1945
Froggynews
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Hi Nathan, just wanted to let you know I felt good the whole day after I saw you arrive at the Dover terminal. Your stories go way beyond motorcycling and taught me much about life and people. Somehow I feel obligated to reciprocate. Then there's Doug who made it back to the US too. Its a great feeling to see you both back home safe it put a smile on my face the whole week.

I think there will be a continuation to your journey and I look forward to it. Just curious, looking back which portion of the trip did you enjoy the most?
Froggynews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:38 PM   #1946
Cariboostrom
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
I just discovered your amazing ride report two days ago....and have been glued to the computer screen ever since.....absolutely amazing....what an adventure, and something that no doubt has changed your life forever. When you stopped to wish Dot a happy 60th on the road somewhere in India, and broke into song, I actually could not help myself, but I sang out loud "Happy Birthday" to Dot too and gave her three cheers!

I loved the videos of you wending your way through the traffic in India....I've been to India (on the train) to Varanasi, Agra, Delhi, Khajuraho, back in 1973, and I was fascinated by the country.... I know how many people there are, and the traffic....but seeing you wend your way through the craziness had me in awe! Your rants and your crazy sense of humour, and your accent were priceless. Totally....you're da man Nathan....and little Dot....well the "welcome home" signs at Dover were for YOU Nathan....little Dot needs to go to HER home, back in Australia.... So you need to take her home, via North, Central and South America.... your next adventure perhaps? What an awesome little Postie Bike.....go Dot go!

I also know the strange feelings of wonder you have been experiencing once home, marvelling at how quickly one can do business, the efficiency of everything, the cleanliness, politeness....it's a strange feeling....so go and write that book....and feel very proud of your achievement. A job so very well done Nathan....all best wishes for much happiness in the future!
Cariboostrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #1947
sixth gear
Me

Oddometer: 27
Good show

Well Nathan and Dot, Been following along and I for one am very sad to see the journey end ?! but alas you both made it and that is the best part. looking forward to your next epic ride and THANKS for bringing me along. Also Free beers at my place if you make here and a shower and a bed and etc, etc, etc........
Thanks Again Dan

2004 BMW 1150RT
1996 KLX 650 R
1967 BSA 650 Thunderbolt
FYYFF

sixth gear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:13 PM   #1948
Nicky Vaux
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Well done on getting back home to the two of you. What does it feel like to be back? Strange I would think. Congrats anyway!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 PM   #1949
bettingpython
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Nate my shirt made it across the pond to my house a few weeks ago, just finished your thread today been out of pocket for the past month, saw doug posted he was about home too which means I'll finish his thread out next most likely. Great adventure my friend. If you come across the pond to ride old route 66 you'll pass through tulsa some time. You have an invite to invade our house and garage for rest and repairs should you need them.

Thanks for relenting on your decision to quit updating us because of the naysayers and finish taking us along on your journey.
bettingpython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #1950
Chinaski
Righteous Dude

Oddometer: 49
Here's a BBC link -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/cont..._feature.shtml

Congratulations, Nate and welcome home...
Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote