Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #631
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,406
I rode the bike into Gino's tonight and, like Flanny, we have a friendly rivalry with our bikes. I rolled up and just gave him the keys and said, "Take it for a spin and tell me what you think." and then waited for him to come back. Here's his first impression as he rode my bike the last time we went out with the stock FCR set up.

sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 AM   #632
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurama View Post
I rode the bike into Gino's tonight and, like Flanny, we have a friendly rivalry with our bikes. I rolled up and just gave him the keys and said, "Take it for a spin and tell me what you think." and then waited for him to come back. Here's his first impression as he rode my bike the last time we went out with the stock FCR set up.

You know when Gino starts threatening with the mafia that he's beat. There you have it folks...990 with Cosentino Carb kit kills Gino's 990R! I love it!

Mission accomplished!

Flanny screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 06:06 AM
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #633
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer: 4,865
Quote:

I guess Gino likes it!
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #634
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,198
Threats are what keeping us all on top in the OC

MOARR videos with older hooligan riders in NYC...
Old 12-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #635
BRUNO BOTELHO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Congrats for the happy ending
I wish i had talented friends like yours where i live...
It would be nice to watch a video of your bike running

I'm looking forward to see what will be the next level

www.motoazores.com
BRUNO BOTELHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #636
jonnykilo
Traveller

Oddometer: 205
Quote:

"The carbs are working!" AWESOME. Restauranteur and raconteur extraordinary that Gino. Sign 'em up as your spokeswoman.

jak
jonnykilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #637
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,374
Regarding the carb vent/drain tubes, is there anything in particular you guys have done in terms of routing/placement?
(Are they as sensitive as the CV vents?)

Any reason to consider vent filters (ala 7602) for these FCR's like I have seen some do with thumpers?
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #638
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo View Post
Regarding the carb vent/drain tubes, is there anything in particular you guys have done in terms of routing/placement?

Any reason to consider vent filters (ala 7602) for these FCR's like I have seen some do with thumpers?
I vent mine from the left down to behind the swing-arm, and from the right, up along the frame trellis to just behind the head tube, and curving down. No perceived issues with this routing, and no filters, but I also don't ride in silt and stuff either...

Flanny screwed with this post 12-06-2012 at 05:30 AM
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #639
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:

I would definitely run a vent filter, any FCR will suck in a tiny amount of air regardless of whether it's on a twin or a single.

They weigh and cost so little that there is no reason not to. If you are Gregor or Flanny you can get them in black or orange billet, for the former KLR riders out there, find an old film roll canister, fill it with the foam from an air filter and run your lines in and out of that.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #640
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
I would definitely run a vent filter, any FCR will suck in a tiny amount of air regardless of whether it's on a twin or a single.

They weigh and cost so little that there is no reason not to. If you are Gregor or Flanny you can get them in black or orange billet, for the former KLR riders out there, find an old film roll canister, fill it with the foam from an air filter and run your lines in and out of that.
I've been digital for so long I can't even remember what film canisters looks like. Besides, I ended up going with the orange velocity stacks so I'm going to order one of those orange filters but I think I'll just get black tubes. I guess I'll route it up front.

I just got a booking again in NYC for 17-18 of Dec. and I called Chris to see if he could get the chokes done by then and he said yeah, he should be able to. I booked my flight in early so I'll be rested on Monday and so I'll have Sunday to run and test the bike. I'd like to run the 41's and 39's back to back just to see.

I know Chris had to remake some parts for the kits and he's sick with the flu right now but I hope some others get the kits - I'll be curious what the impressions are.

Gregor

PS - since my shop days are numbered I did a quick iphone pano of my space. Not very clear really but I wanted to remember it.

sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #641
CharlieFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Thumb

Gregor,

The work you have done is awesome! Thank you for taking the time and putting forth the effort in documenting the progress.
CharlieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #642
neduro
Addict

Oddometer: 11,806
Quote:
I can't speak to their use on a 950, but on the singles, the 7602 filters keep a ton of crap out of the top of the carb- I'm sold on them. They also sort any issue with deep water crossings. I don't see a reason why the 950 would be any different...

Dual Sport Riding Techniques DVDs: Clear instructional DVDs to improve off-road skills.
neduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #643
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,258

This Moose Racing prototype windscreen would look totally choice on your bike too, Gregor...

Old 12-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #644
Dr LC8
...soon or later

Oddometer: 835
Quote:

I love this Italians connections

Ciao

Nic
2003 KTM LC8 950 ADV
Trips:Europe,Africa,Asia
Dr LC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #645
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,095
I got me set of stacks in the end of last week. I didn't get to really dig into the box and look at them, until last night. SWEET PETE those are nice looking! Full write-up in progress...
snowhawk jockey is online now   Reply With Quote