ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 4,758
Anyone in Marysville WA area willing to help a Canadian Out?

Hi Folks,

This is RV related. I made a deal online with a guy from Marysville, North of Seattle, selling a 1995 Ford Class B Camper Van. I made the trek down solo on my bike to look at it. I liked the machine and put a 2k deposit on the thing, with the intentions of going back a few days later and driving it back.

When I went to go down he informed me that he couldn't find the registration and it would take up to a month to get a new one from the DMV. This was on the 2nd of May, he said I could have my deposit back or wait. I spoke with him several times and my wife spoke to his wife a few times on the phone as well and we agreed I'd wait as I really liked the van. He's an early 50s guy, nice home, I was inside with his family there and seemed like a honest family and nothing ever seemed strange until now.

I was out of province the last two weeks without any contact and the last couple days my attempts to hear from him failed. Now I'm a little worried about my 2000 bucks.

If anyone's willing to do a quick drive-by to see if the house and van are still there it'd be much appreciated. I can give more info thru PM.

Thanks,

Ken

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
JTNWEvo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Sure, PM me the details I should be able to look tomorrow evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post
Hi Folks,

This is RV related. I made a deal online with a guy from Marysville, North of Seattle, selling a 1995 Ford Class B Camper Van. I made the trek down solo on my bike to look at it. I liked the machine and put a 2k deposit on the thing, with the intentions of going back a few days later and driving it back.

When I went to go down he informed me that he couldn't find the registration and it would take up to a month to get a new one from the DMV. This was on the 2nd of May, he said I could have my deposit back or wait. I spoke with him several times and my wife spoke to his wife a few times on the phone as well and we agreed I'd wait as I really liked the van. He's an early 50s guy, nice home, I was inside with his family there and seemed like a honest family and nothing ever seemed strange until now.

I was out of province the last two weeks without any contact and the last couple days my attempts to hear from him failed. Now I'm a little worried about my 2000 bucks.

If anyone's willing to do a quick drive-by to see if the house and van are still there it'd be much appreciated. I can give more info thru PM.

Thanks,

Ken
JTNWEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:43 PM   #3
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Thanks,

The thing is I'm in the military and posted back east this summer. We're a family of 4 with young kids and I wanted a nice way to travel the 6+k kms. I only have so much time left to prepare for the trip until I have to cut my losses with this guy and come up with a plan b for us.

The month is almost up to get the new registration, if in deed this is the case. But if the van is still in the driveway that gives me a little piece of mind.

I'd like to get down there this weekend if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Ken

Old 05-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #4
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,349
hi Ken, if he has the title do you even need the reg'? anyone chime in? i go in to title offices w/o reg, just title, they cut new reg there.
not sure if you need it for the border. title yes.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #5
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,323
It takes 5 minutes to get a registration... I rip licenses off my 530 like crazy, trust me on this one.

I would be worried if it was my 2k...

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
If it is in fact the title that is missing, one can be replaced on the same day with a "quick service title." There is an extra fee and you have to go to one of the licensing offices that will do that. If you want to do this, you should call them to figure this out.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,147
If you need another back up in Marysville I can swing by and strong arm the guy too Just PM me I work out here.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Thanks for all the replies thus far. I may be confused as to what you folks call the Registration vs Title. I require the green 8x8"ish thick green paper that your state uses.

I brought a few tent trailers, couple MC's, and boat/trailer all from WA and I had this same form for all vehicles. The current owner told me it takes up to 30 days to get it.

I'll call him every day this week as I soon need to end this whether I get the RV or not. I left a message on his cell telling him I have the remainder of the cash on hand once I get the title/registration and pick up the van.

I'm trying to do the best I can to give this guy the rest of the funds and get this van, but it's hard when I don't get any response.

Thanks again, and for the PM's I recieved.

Cheers,

Ken

Old 05-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,349
no reply? take GS' offer up on muscle, I wouldnt delay if he is avoiding you.
here is a link for lost titles ,it says, 8-10 weeks. depends when he sent it in.
http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistr...lacetitle.html

maybe have the next meet and greet there?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post
Thanks for all the replies thus far. I may be confused as to what you folks call the Registration vs Title. I require the green 8x8"ish thick green paper that your state uses.
That is the title. The quick service fee is $50. This allows you to get the title the same day. Not sure how this works if a lost title affidavit has already been filed. Call one of the offices.

Here is the only real documentation I can find for a quick service title:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...dsRZejb013wlCg

Should be available in Snohomish county.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #11
Maggot12 OP
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Thanks guys,

This is going for a bit a shit show. Thanks to some fantastic inmate investigating with pics, I was able to track down more info. One of the pics taken was of the home showing a forsale sign on the lawn and I could easily indentify the realtor on the sign. The house is 3606 85th St NE. Looking at the realtor pics the home in now empty. See link..

http://www.johnlscott.com/PropertyDe...=0&RTR=30&LI=5

I contacted the realtor and he wouldn't give me much info on the sellers whereabouts just that he's a local contractor and owns Margreen Builders in the area.

I attempted another call last night and spoke briefly with the son (late teens). He said they still have the RV, parents were not home and I asked to have the parents to call me back. Which they never did.

At this point I don't care about the van and just want my 2k back. I'll attempt more calls today...

Thanks again.

Ken

Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
Almost There
Up, up, and away

Oddometer: 327
Hope you got some sort of receipt for your deposit. Starting to not sound good.
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
HH
Hurricane Harry

Oddometer: 1,557
you could always post up his phone #
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #14
J.W.Mudd
"Moto Loco"

Oddometer: 1,072
You have 30 - 45 days until he vacates!

The dudes home has been for sale since Jan 10th of this year. The house is currently "Pending Inspection", meaning they have accepted a deal and, are pending the outcome of the home inspection. Once this is complete the transaction will close in 30 t0 45 days and then they move out. This means your window of time to deal with this is closing!

PM sent

I wonder if you could place a lean on the property?

Let's Moto!

www.worldadventures.smugmug.com
J.W.Mudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #15
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,147
Problem is they have moved and MIA.

As I suggested find he's for sale ad and have somebody else contact and set up a meeting to check out the camper and then the OP would be the one to show up and deal with the issue face to face.