User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #1
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,753
Ulysses Windscreen Options?

I've seen the stock screen and the Cee Bailey's offering. I've heard of a larger Buell offering and there has got to be others. I'd like to see some pics and read some reviews from those who have tried other windscreens. Do any just replace the stock plexi or do they all replace the plastic piece under it, too?

I'm still preoccuppied with the Uly since my test ride.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.

Oilhed screwed with this post 10-30-2006 at 05:41 PM
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
snowscum
World Owner

Oddometer: 1,252

Bolt on Cee Bailey +16. I have the +14 light grey.

Model
Year
SR Series
Double Bubble
Sport Touring
Super Sport
Ulysses XB12X
20-858
16-858
23-858
-
-

SR Series

Double Bubble

Sport Touring
Windscreen Colors:Click to view the ZG Color options.
Series Features Chart:
Each screen model is unique in design, styling and riding advantages.
Click to view the chart.

Ordering:
Click to order ZG windscreens.

Fasteners:
Each windscreen series come pre-drilled and ready to accept the original fasteners, except for most SuperSport Series applications.
Click for information on fasteners.

Maintenance:
To maintain your windscreen in crystal clear condition, use only the best cleaners and polishes available.
Click for information on cleaners and polishes.

Installation > Pre-drilled - Undrilled
Click for instructions on installing a ZG windscreen.
PRICES:
SR Series:
$84.95
Double Bubble:
$94.95
Sport Touring:
$94.9
Zero still hasnt put any pictures up of their Double bubble. I was instrested in what it looked like.
But I bought one of those Cee Bailey +14. I get some small vibrations from the buffeting. Gives me a small headache but as long as I stay under 75mph its not to bad. Good for winter months.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #3
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowscum
But I bought one of those Cee Bailey +14. I get some small vibrations from the buffeting. Gives me a small headache but as long as I stay under 75mph its not to bad. Good for winter months.
Does it replace just the plexi or both the plexi and bikini? Do you have the vent slot?

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
snowscum
World Owner

Oddometer: 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed
Does it replace just the plexi or both the plexi and bikini? Do you have the vent slot?
Both. No vent. Which one has a vent slot?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #5
dgunther
rides ugly bikes

Oddometer: 226
I think I'm one of the luck few that the Buell +4 screen works really well for. I'm 6'1" with short legs and a long torso and get no buffetting and little to no additional wind noise at 70-80mph.

It's a nicely made screen that has a bit of a "flip" in the last 2 inches or so that doesn't show up well in the Buell website pics. I don't like the looks of it as much as the stock screen, but I think it looks OK. I missed out on getting a CB +2.5" screen by a couple of days
dgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #6
paochow
Bye bye desert

Oddometer: 1,198
I love my Cee Bailey +2.5", pushes the air to my shoulders and leaves my helmet in the clean air. Too bad they don't sell it anymore, I was lucky to find mine used on ebay.

paochow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:32 AM   #7
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowscum
Both. No vent. Which one has a vent slot?
My bad. CB offers a vent on many screens just not on the Uly's.

new bike - BMW R1150GS
Old 10-31-2006, 04:34 AM   #8
Oilhed OP
MarkF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgunther
It's a nicely made screen that has a bit of a "flip" in the last 2 inches or so that doesn't show up well in the Buell website pics.
How about posting a pic?

new bike - BMW R1150GS
Old 10-31-2006, 05:25 AM   #9
wacky_woodchuck
Banned

Oddometer: 230
I have the ZeroGravity screen in dark smoke. I adore it. I am 6' even with a 31" inseam and a longer torso. The wind blast is right at the upper parts of my shoulders. My helmet is in completely clean air. With my Arai RX7 or Nolan N102 Flip, I am more than fine in the air. I wanted something better than stock as it beat my mid section to death on the highway. The ZG screen is great as it doesn't have the little flip on the end of it like so many other screens. I think that's where a lot of turbulence comes from. The ZG is just smooth, no flip.

Here's some pics:

Stock to ZG

Stock to ZG

On the Bike

On the Bike

From the Cockpit

And with ZG, when I asked about the other screens, they said they were only producing the Sport Touring Screen. The DB and SR series were a no go for the Ulysses.

Good luck. I was lucky with finding the ZG on eBay (factory direct) for $50 before they were released to the public. The Customer Service was good and the screen was top notch for a "second." I could find no flaws.

I bought new pins for it from the dealer (the actual ones come with pins I think) for under $4. Then I recently bought the Buell Tall screen mount kit. It's some bolts, washers and spacers to keep the shield from popping off at speed. I had the screen on for 1000 miles with just the pins and never did it lift. And I didn't keep it under 75 for many of those miles.
wacky_woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:25 AM   #10
wacky_woodchuck
Banned

Oddometer: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed
How about posting a pic?
There was a good pic on an eBay auction. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found them

wacky_woodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:29 AM   #11
bienhoabob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
I've been looking at this one: http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Ulyssesprod.html

Bolts on, has a vent. Anybody have one?

I had a CeeBaileys 16" that I put about 6,000 miles on, when it cracked, split in two and flew off. I think the upper half of the shield needed to be braced, the wind force was too much for it.

I currently have a Laminar Lip which takes the wind hit off the torso. Still have clean air hitting the helmet and side of the torso. It helps, but am looking for more weather cold weather protection.
bienhoabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:31 AM   #12
NVTS
stupid hipster dufus

Oddometer: 595
Wink Screen

I ride without the screen. I have come to despise the way it focuses turbulent air into my helmet. Once removed the windblast hits just below mid-chest. Remember this thing is a motorcycle not a cadillac. My Uly also hates interstate cruising. Back roads only! Windchill.
NVTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 07:03 AM   #13
TREADMARKS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 286
+1 for the zero gravity tinted. I'm 5-10 with a 30 inseam and it protects well, but leaves the helmet in clean air.
TREADMARKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #14
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,131
I like the Laminar Lip

I've had the Laminar Lip for 21K miles; it works well enough for me. My height is 5-9.
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:52 PM   #15
Mr.Moose
Living the Adventure

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchill
I ride without the screen. I have come to despise the way it focuses turbulent air into my helmet. Once removed the windblast hits just below mid-chest. Remember this thing is a motorcycle not a cadillac. My Uly also hates interstate cruising. Back roads only! Windchill.
amen.. this what I have done as well and it works great..
Mr.Moose is offline   Reply With Quote