ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 01:45 PM   #151
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer
 
gsstampeder's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Displaced Calgarian
Oddometer: 1,046
I just landed in K-town...officially that is. i was in perth last summer. I'm on a bruised and battered f650. love to get out for a ride on some local dirt roads...

hey drif, sent you a pm
gsstampeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #152
olebiker
Old buzzard bait
 
olebiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Kingston ON Canada
Oddometer: 3,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHALENTJ
Hi, olebiker Tim has a Moto Guzz? I have the family thing on Fri.

Mags and Charlene both have wee-stroms


Tim
Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about you. I don't know how a Gussi got into it? Kinda normal for me
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal
Then all the Jo Momma shit started.
olebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #153
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by olebiker
Sorry for the confusion, I was talking about you. I don't know how a Gussi got into it? Kinda normal for me
My bad, the Tim I was talking about was Forseti, he had a wee last year, but bought a Guzzi Stelvio.

gsstampeder, you got mail.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 01:20 PM   #154
chilibizkit
Wanderer
 
chilibizkit's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Plainfield Ont.
Oddometer: 138
Gettin there

Out for a ride today, only second of the year.

Still getting some things sorted out after having the bike in the basement for the winter and changing things up a bit.

Still unsure if I can make friday as waiting to hear on wood still.

Sounds like it should be easy to find with the amount of bikes that will be out front
chilibizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #155
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilibizkit
Out for a ride today, only second of the year.

Still getting some things sorted out after having the bike in the basement for the winter and changing things up a bit.

Still unsure if I can make friday as waiting to hear on wood still.

Sounds like it should be easy to find with the amount of bikes that will be out front
Hope you can make it.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM   #156
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Ran up to Woody's to pick up some parts this morning, what a beautiful day.

And my shock came back from rebuild, much more funner than the weak substitute I had in its pace.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #157
olebiker
Old buzzard bait
 
olebiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Kingston ON Canada
Oddometer: 3,378
I was out today as well. Just a great day to ride. See you in the AM don't count on us being too early as it sometimes takes a while to get the show on the road so to speak.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyRascal
Then all the Jo Momma shit started.
olebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:17 AM   #158
Country Doc
Wanderer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: somwhere north of Kingston, Ontario
Oddometer: 2,647
what time are people showing up to your place, Drif?

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #159
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc
what time are people showing up to your place, Drif?

dc
0900. Everyone just left though to go riding.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:53 AM   #160
Country Doc
Wanderer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: somwhere north of Kingston, Ontario
Oddometer: 2,647
ok - was planning to stop by in a bit.

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #161
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc
ok - was planning to stop by in a bit.

dc
I just came inside, looked out the window, and you rode by on the K.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #162
Country Doc
Wanderer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: somwhere north of Kingston, Ontario
Oddometer: 2,647
yup! Looks like I missed everyone. Sheesh.

Got into a heap of frustration doing an oil change on the K, as the oil filter was in too tight, and it sits recessed up in the engine case and you need a special filter wrench to remove it. The filter wrench just rounded off the flats on the filter and it was stuck solid. I spent an un-planned couple of hours drilling sheet metal screws in the filter bottom and holes in the wrench in various arrangements before I was finally able to screw the filter wrench to the filter and work it free. What a PITA.

Anyway I had to get out and try the rig as I just got it finished at about 4:30.

I was sorry to miss everyone at the tech day. I would have much rather been there then swearing at my oil filter.

Nice lookin' 350 by the way Drif

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #163
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc
yup! Looks like I missed everyone. Sheesh.

Got into a heap of frustration doing an oil change on the K, as the oil filter was in too tight, and it sits recessed up in the engine case and you need a special filter wrench to remove it. The filter wrench just rounded off the flats on the filter and it was stuck solid. I spent an un-planned couple of hours drilling sheet metal screws in the filter bottom and holes in the wrench in various arrangements before I was finally able to screw the filter wrench to the filter and work it free. What a PITA.

Anyway I had to get out and try the rig as I just got it finished at about 4:30.

I was sorry to miss everyone at the tech day. I would have much rather been there then swearing at my oil filter.

Nice lookin' 350 by the way Drif

dc
I was hoping you could take it for a rip and let me know what you think of the jetting. Got a good idea about it, but an independent opinion would be good.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #164
Country Doc
Wanderer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: somwhere north of Kingston, Ontario
Oddometer: 2,647
would love to. Mine's pretty dialed in so I think I have a good reference point.

You around tomorrow morning?

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #165
Drif10
Accredited Jackass
 
Drif10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: Gates of Moscow
Oddometer: 45,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc
would love to. Mine's pretty dialed in so I think I have a good reference point.

You around tomorrow morning?

dc
I think so, but who knows what the wife has in mind.
__________________
I guess your get up and go needs a coffee. - Drif5
Drif10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014