ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #151
huzar
Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
Hmm, do you have booze and scantily clad dancing girls?
My needs are specific!
They're not that specific... I'll bet you 99% of the guys on this forum would claim that these are their needs
huzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:14 AM   #152
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,136
Have Beemer, need work.

Looking for a BMW bike mechanic to do some work on my 99r11gs. Prefer not to take it to a shop and have one of the dealer guys flat rate the bike just to move on to the next one. Prefer somebody that will take a little extra time and attention to detail. I've got a few things that need to be repaired on the bike from brake line replacement to level 2 service and possibly more. Please PM me if you are intersted in the job or have a reference to somebody that would be interested in taking on a project of getting this thing back up to snuff. Bike is located in the Redmond Wa area.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #153
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy View Post
Looking for a BMW bike mechanic to do some work on my 99r11gs. Prefer not to take it to a shop and have one of the dealer guys flat rate the bike just to move on to the next one. Prefer somebody that will take a little extra time and attention to detail. I've got a few things that need to be repaired on the bike from brake line replacement to level 2 service and possibly more. Please PM me if you are intersted in the job or have a reference to somebody that would be interested in taking on a project of getting this thing back up to snuff. Bike is located in the Redmond Wa area.
Call Russ 503 661 2256. He works ot of his garage and is a BMW expert.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #154
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by XB12R View Post
Call Russ 503 661 2256. He works ot of his garage and is a BMW expert.
Where is Gary's location?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #155
XB12R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy View Post
Where is Gary's location?

Thanks
Russ is near Gresham. I do some work on "R" bikes but I'm busy setting up a new shop in The Dalles at this time.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:48 PM   #156
itsforrest
Ugly bag of mostly water

Oddometer: 330
Thumb Swap Meet in Seattle 7/28/12

ScootAbout is hosting a swap meet on Saturday, July 28th at our store in Seattle's South Lake Union area. Even though this is a scooter shop, all moto-heads are welcome and encouraged to attend and sell pretty much anything moto related.

The shop is right off of I-5 on Mercer st in the middle of a huge parking lot that is empty on the weekends so there's tons of easy parking for buyers and sellers.

http://scootabout.biz/swap-meet-sat-july-28-11am-4pm/

itsforrest screwed with this post 07-19-2012 at 09:08 AM
itsforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #157
Advdave
Toolbox Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Onboard toolbox for R1200GS/A

I'm building toolboxes for the 1200GS/A that have OEM BMW panniers. The box is secured to the pannier frame rack and allows you to carry your tools whether the panniers are on or off the bike.

The boxes are sealed and watertight, but the door does not have a seal, so you can get some moisture there, although it's not really been a problem. Hinge is a harsh environment solid nylon hinge and the material is .050" aluminum fastned with solid aluminum aircraft rivets.

I'm building these one at a time in Anacortes, and have some ready to ship, or come to Anacortes, avoid shipping and we'll install it here for you. WA requires me to collect sales tax on WA orders.

Box is $120, shipping is flat rate of $15 and paypal adds $4 if you use it. Personal check is ok too.

email to dave@advgear.net

see the setup at www.advgear.net

Dave Palmer
advgear.net

Old 09-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #158
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L

Oddometer: 1,948
Coming to bend sept 14 - 16? Have a beer on us!!!

COMING TO BEND SEPT 14 - 16? HAVE A BEER ON US!!!

Are you coming to Bend, OR next weekend? Local to C.O.? On Saturday, Sept 15 from 4 PM to 7 PM Atomic-Moto will buy YOU a beer and sign you up for FREE STUFF at our close of summer HAPPY HOUR.

WHAT: Happy Hour Meet and Greet w/ BEER AND PRIZES!!
WHEN: Saturday, Sept 15 2012 4 PM - 6 PM
WHERE: Cascade Lakes Brewing Lodge
1441 SW Chandler Drive # 100
Bend, OR 97702
DIRECTIONS
WHO: Anyone with a valid motorcycle license or reg. (sorry, no papers, no pass !)

We have rented a separate space JUST for us ADV and DS guys, and we'll buy your first beer (sorry, only 1). In addition, we have rounded up a HUGE list of FREE stuff to give away...helmets, bags, gloves, sock, jerseys, jackets, etc. It's a long list, and not just nicknacks...,some great stuff from:

We look forward to seeing you

Thanks,

BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR

Brtp4 screwed with this post 09-27-2012 at 08:25 AM
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #159
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advdave View Post
I'm building toolboxes for the 1200GS/A that have OEM BMW panniers. The box is secured to the pannier frame rack and allows you to carry your tools whether the panniers are on or off the bike.

The boxes are sealed and watertight, but the door does not have a seal, so you can get some moisture there, although it's not really been a problem. Hinge is a harsh environment solid nylon hinge and the material is .050" aluminum fastned with solid aluminum aircraft rivets.

I'm building these one at a time in Anacortes, and have some ready to ship, or come to Anacortes, avoid shipping and we'll install it here for you. WA requires me to collect sales tax on WA orders.

Box is $120, shipping is flat rate of $15 and paypal adds $4 if you use it. Personal check is ok too.

email to dave@advgear.net

see the setup at www.advgear.net

Dave Palmer
advgear.net

Nice work Dave. That looks really handy - if I had a 1200GS I'd be knocking on your door.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #160
Humunn
Moto Prozac

Oddometer: 1,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtp4 View Post
coming to bend sept 14 - 16? Have a beer on us!!!

are you coming to bend, or next weekend? Local to c.o.? On saturday, sept 15 from 4 pm to 7 pm atomic-moto will buy you a beer and sign you up for free stuff at our close of summer happy hour.

what: Happy hour meet and greet w/ beer and prizes!!
when: Saturday, sept 15 2012 4 pm - 6 pm
where: Cascade lakes brewing lodge
1441 sw chandler drive # 100
bend, or 97702
directions
who: Anyone with a valid motorcycle license or reg. (sorry, no papers, no pass !)

we have rented a separate space just for us adv and ds guys, and we'll buy your first beer (sorry, only 1). In addition, we have rounded up a huge list of free stuff to give away...helmets, bags, gloves, sock, jerseys, jackets, etc. It's a long list, and not just nicknacks...,some great stuff from:

alpinestars
klim
wolfman
gaerne
saddleman
progrip
moose racing
leatt
fly racing
hammer nutrition
rockgardn
thor

and a bunch more!

best of all.....our friends at high desert adventures have just dropped a bomb on us: They are giving away a free oregon backcountry tour!!!

we're kinda new at this, but we know the importance of good friends and good times.....we'll do our best to make it a cool event.

Thanks,

bp

in!!!
2009 KTM 450 EXC The Citrus Mistress - 2004 KTM 250 EXC 2T plated Little Miss Britches - 2010 Yamaha FZ1 Legally Black
Humunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #161
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humunn View Post
in!!!
Definitely IN.
Right on Brian.
I need to check this thread more often!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #162
hanksmybuddy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
In for sure. This should be a large gathering. Wouldn't miss this one. Brian is the man!

hanksmybuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #163
ChickenDance
Keepin up with Darth

Oddometer: 44
We're joining in the fun too! Come meet Billy & Stacie from Oregon Dual Sport Rental & Adventures. We'll be pitching in on the beer fund, and giving everyone who attends a 10% discount on motorcycle rentals. We look forward to meeting you!

September 15. Cascade Lakes Brewing Company, 4-7
BE THERE!

Oregon Dual Sport Rental & Adventures
www.oregondualsportrentalandadventures.com
ChickenDance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #164
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,179
Last Chance Adventure Sidecar Class

My last class for the season is scheduled for the last weekend in September(September 28-30, 2012). I only have one student registered so far. I have not filled a class all summer and I won't have this field next year so I am suspending operation next season. If you want to take this class from me you should sign up for the upcoming class by calling 541 386 2055 during the school week or follow the links at adventuresidecar.com to the community education online registration.

I will be selling some of the bikes after this final class
RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 AM   #165
D2fly
D2

Oddometer: 34
Heidenau tires now available...

All Moto Tire is now pleased to offer Heidenau K60 Scout tires to the Puget Sound region (and beyond). We're beginning to stock these tires and offer FREE (off bike) mounting and balancing with your purchase. Wheel removal and replacement is also available at an extra charge. See the Heindenau page on our web site for pricing. www.allmototire.com. We look forward to servicing your tire needs.