ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #196
Bigmak
Bornagin Realist

Oddometer: 16,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Yo
They just doin dogs or what?

The Mak is right. There. I said it. I agreed with the Mak. Lobby
Bigmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM   #197
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmak View Post
Yo
They just doin dogs or what?
Sorry Mak, I am down in Eugene Town now so I am not sure.

Being so early in "The Season" I am going out on a limb here and going with Hot Dogs as my best guess.

Ground Cow on bread and Steak come later in the year.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #198
Tork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,430
Areostitch Popup Store Seattle

Popup Store
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #199
Trinity_Session
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
That is a strange dealer combo. Didn't HD crack down on combo dealership a couple years back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ View Post
Trinity_Session is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #200
One Fat Roach
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
So I read the first page and not entirely sure if I can post this here but I didn't quite get a yes or no from the post. Its not exactly parts related or anything but relates to riding and adventuring =]

If you folks doing the WABDR make your way through central Washington /Chelan, my friends have just relocated their restaurant in downtown. Valerie's Waterfront Bistro opened its doors this past Friday. (Www.valerieswaterfrontbistro.com )

If you're familiar with the area, they were formerly Troy's Pizza, and recently Valerie's Pizza. Same food, new owner, new location downtown Chelan with a back deck overlooking the water. The menu has some additions with the new location; hand crafted beef burgers, chicken burgers, sandwiches, and even a vegetarian option.

I moved here this summer to help my friend during the move and I'll be in the kitchen and working the door all summer. Check it out and if you're in the area stop by for some grub!! Cheers
One Fat Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #201
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur

Oddometer: 3,292
Alyxmoto.com

Surprised (but happy) to find out that Alex Guth has opened up a new shop for BMW's. If you don't know him already, Alex used to be the Service Manager at South Sound BMW. Really good guy and knows a shitload about GS's. He's one of those "been there, done that" kind of guys when it comes to GS's.

No affiliation, but wanted to give him a shout out. I only found out about this because I ran into him at a restaurant here and he told me the news. His website is alyxmoto.com.

The shop is located about 15 minutes from the Maple Valley exit on Rt. 18. Kinda out in the boonies, but if yer bike's outside the warranty period, who wants to pay dealer prices?
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #202
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,633
PSSOR Adventure Camps

Puget Sound Safety Off-Road (PSSOR) has two camps left for the spring

May 31 - June 3 (limited spots left!)
June 14 - June 17 (Only two spots left!)

PSSOR Adventure Camp is a multi-day training event run by expert and professional adventure riders.

The ADV Camp program grew from a need for entry-level training geared toward the average dualsport and adventure rider. The skill sets that we present have been thoroughly tested in real world use and are continually updated as the sport itself evolves.

Some of the riding skills presented are:

Core body position
Core weight shift
Traction management
Power control
Slow speed balance and maneuvering
Lifting (single person, multi person)
Small to medium size obstacles (up to 9" in height)
Narrow track and rut
Loose surfaces (deep sand and river rock)
Hills (ascending, descending, starting, stopping, turning around)
..And more!

People travel from all over North America and internationally to attend our training events. This is a true testament to the value of the skills and knowledge and we have to offer. We cannot guarantee that you'll be an expert rider after the 4-day camp, but we can say for certain that you will learn new skills and have a great experience!

The camp includes camping accommodations, meals, snacks and drinks, riding drills, topical presentations. Check out the itinerary for a rundown of ADV Camp.

ADV Camp Itinerary

After booking your spot in ADV Camp we will send you detailed information about the camp schedule, things you'll want to consider bringing, and tasks to take care of in preparation for the camp.

Day 1 - Arrivals, Camp Setup & Workshop
The gates open at 3pm this afternoon for arrivals and camp setup. There will be an introductory workshop discussing bike setup for the camp. An optional meet and greet will be held at a nearby restaurant around 6pm.

Day 2 - Training - Sunrise to Sunset
This day is jam packed with riding drills from sun up to sun down. There will be a few breaks through the day along with lunch provided by us. Break times will be kept lively with short clinics on adventure traveling topics. After the training is completed the group will enjoy dinner at camp provided by us and accompanied by a slideshow of photos from the day.

Day 3 - More Training - Sunrise to Sunset
Get your self freshened up and top yourself off with our continental breakfast spread this morning. This is another day packed with riding drills that will expand up on the previous day and provide additional practice time on skills learned. There will be several breaks through the day and lunch is provided by us as well. Additional adventure traveling topics will be discussed during break times. After training has completed for the day you'll have personal time and the option to "head to town" for dinner with your fellow riders.

Day 4 - Off-site Training Excursions
Warm beverages will be to get you rolling out of camp. Riders can meet up at a nearby restaurant for breakfast before heading off to local forests. This day will be spent off-site in local forests among gravel roads and trails. It will take about 40 miles of paved road to reach the forests. Once we get off-pavement the focus will be on using skills learned over the last few days. Instruction and coaching will be provided on-the-go as we make use of the many training opportunities our route will cover.

http://advcamp.com/adv-camps
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #203
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 12,801
you still cookn aigs and good stuff inna bag,,,onna campfire,, in the early morning,,, beside a lake?
I'll never forget that morning!
Peace on you!,,sounds like a good gig,,wish I could attend!
take care bro. I'll have to continue to fall down on my own, and wonder what I did wrong,,
peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #204
Mr. Fisherman
FTW! FIT! FIN! FYYFF

Oddometer: 10,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman View Post
you still cookn aigs and good stuff inna bag,,,onna campfire,, in the early morning,,, beside a lake?
I'll never forget that morning!
Peace on you!,,sounds like a good gig,,wish I could attend!
take care bro. I'll have to continue to fall down on my own, and wonder what I did wrong,,
It is never the fall, it is always the sudden stop at the end... or sumpin like that

Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #205
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,056
Frankenberg Custom Woodworking, LLC

So, I've been in business for 7 years now and have never needed to advertise. But ever since all of the local doctors' and lawyers' retirement investments dried up, they have been a little hesitant to have a new custom bedroom suite built for junior.

Things have been a bit slow around here, and now my wife is bugging me to get a "real" job and finally give up on this dream.

I build custom furniture and cabinets from mild to wild, from trinkets to full-blown kitchens, but I have also built molds for fiberglass factories, prototypes for design firms, the sky is the limit. Do you have a design in your head for a pair of end tables? Do you need a desk, but you only have an odd space to put it where no store-bought desk would fit? How about a Murphy bed? Everyone could use a Murphy bed! Contact me, and we'll see what we can come up with. I'm hungry, so you might just get a great deal!

Visit my website HERE, PM me or email me directly at fcwoodworking@gmail.com. I might be willing to travel far for the right job; it won't hurt to ask!

Murphy bed...

A few kitchens...

From end tables to dining room tables...

And anything else you might need....
Old 06-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #206
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 10,150
Beautiful work.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #207
Overland Journal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
WA Overland and Touratech Adventure Rally

I couldn't find another thread so here we go.

The WA Overland Rally and the Touratech Adventure Rally are combined this year. June 27-30 in Plain WA (outside Leavenworth).

Should be a big, fun, family-friendly weekend. Camp on-site, learn a bunch of stuff, meet friends, and ride all over the mountains around Leavenworth.

Cost is only $75 a head (includes your bike, most classes, all presentations, and camping).

PSSOR is running classes at various levels, including a FREE Basic Off-Road Skills Clinic.

There will also be medical, cooking, maintenance, etc. classes all weekend. Plus prizes, fun, and some cool presentations by folks like Rene Cormier. There will even be DS bikes available to rent if you are currently bikeless.

Details are at http://www.overlandrally.com and
http://www.touratech-usa.com/Adventu...ouratech-Rally

The publication for environmentally responsible, worldwide vehicle-supported expedition and adventure travel.
Overland Journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #208
NxtPlato
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Need a Goldwing Wrench?

Posting this for my dad, who isn't on ADV. We shouldn't hold that against him, though, as he helps me wrench on my KLR, and he is an awesome Goldwing Mechanic. He's is now running his own shop in the Bremerton / Port Orchard area, but it's on his property and he doesn't want folks dropping in unannounced.

So if you (or someone you know) has a Goldwing, and needs an honest, affordable mechanic, shoot me a PM, and I'll put you in touch. He's got the tools and the know-how from complete rebuilds to tires.

http://www.nxtplato.com
NxtPlato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:38 AM   #209
FLX
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
i got a r65 this sping and had the first tune up done at a shop, rode it 5k miles since then and it's time for a oil change and and valve adjustment. i feel i should learn how to work on my own bike, but i live in a apartment and have no place to work on it. is there something like a coop in seattle where i can rent a work space by the hour and have someone walk me thru the process?

i had something like that when i lived in berlin but google did not came up with an option over here in seattle and i'm new to the whole 4stroke/valve thing so need i bit more than a spot in a parking lot.
thanks
FLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #210
SCExpat
Ex-expat

Oddometer: 564
Soft tissue treatment tool for all your ADV injuries!

All the $30 blems are sold. So I will give you FF'ers a regular one for $49.

I sell these tools to physical therapist, chiropractors, athletic trainers and anybody with the $$$$. If you have ever gotten Graston treatment for your new/old soft tissue injuries you know it works....and can be a bit painfull and $$$$. So this deal is only for ADV FF's. I have a few blems (blemished tools). They work fine but have some defect that makes them look not so good. They work just fine, but have some machining marks that would cause my regular (Non FF) customers to want to return them or talk bad about me. So the deal is you PM me and I will send you a Paypal invoice for $30. I will then ship you one of these blemished tools.

You can see how they are used:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm6jIEDbwfs

This is great for treating sprain/strain type injuries. Old injuries that never quite heal right and keep coming back. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

SCExpat screwed with this post 03-03-2014 at 04:51 PM Reason: Blems all sold out.
SCExpat is offline   Reply With Quote