ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #106
Springs
Shipping Wars

Oddometer: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerslayer View Post
How much to transport an M35a2 like in the picture from Ft Lewis to Portland???
Wow really sorry I didn't see this until today! I'd need about $700.00 for that one and happy to do it for you!
Springer

Finisher 2009 42nd running S.C.O.R.E Baja 1000, 313 X
Finisher's 2008 41st running S.C.O.R.E. Baja1000 202 X

http://www.snortnboarracing.com/

http://sidestandup.com/default.aspx

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/

RIP Jeff, and now Gary. I miss you both!
Springs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:43 AM   #107
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Oddometer: 5,198
Adventure Sidecar Classes & Tours 2011

We have 2 more Novice S/TEP classes scheduled this season June 17-19, 2011 and Sept 30 through October 2, 2011

Experienced sidecar pilots should try our Sidecar Skills Mini Tours
Aug 5, 6 & 7, 2011 & September 16, 17 & 18, 2011
These long weekend seminars include group rides and an Advanced S/TEP class. We will tailor these weekends to what the clients want to do. If you want to camp and cook and ride, we can do that, or we can tour or we can just work on skills during the rides.

Our Tipi Tour will be fantastic; A week of camping in tipis with meals provided, and daily rides through the woods surrounding Mt.Hood. Offered through Hood River Community Education August 19-26, 2011

So far, no one has signed up for the Tipi Tour or the Sidecar Skills Mini Tours. If you are interested in these programs don't delay too long. I'd hate to cancel them and find out after the fact someone really wanted to do them. My schedule is pretty locked up this year, but I can be flexible about the details of the tours and what we decide to do-let me know if I can tweak them to better suit your needs!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #108
TouratechUSA
Made For Adventure

Oddometer: 456
DAKAR - Behind The Scenes with RawHyde Adventures & Jonah Street

Join us at the Touratech-USA headquarters in Seattle, Washington for a night you won't forget! Jim Hyde from Rawhyde will start with a 1-hour multimedia presentation about his experience leading a group of adventure motorcycle riders as spectators for the 2011 Dakar Rally. Following Jim's presentation will be Dakar Rally racer Jonah Street, in person, doing a 1-hour photo presentation about the behind-the-scenes action of racing in the 2011 Dakar Rally, the world's toughest motorsports race.

Wednesday, June 8th, 2011
7PM @ Touratech-USA HQ, Seattle WA
$10

Please call 1-800-491-2926 for more information or to register for the event.
TouratechUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #109
Konflict Motorsports
KM TUNER

Oddometer: 829
KM Suspension Services.

Who Needs Their Suspension Serviced?

Everyone riding their motorcycle

Forks and shock have oil, seals, bushings, pistons, shafts, and cylinders. If the oil has not been changed on a timely basis it wears out - losing lubricating properties and causing wear to the cylinder. This wear is not repairable without replacing some very expensive parts. With the terrain, and weather we have here in the Pacific Northwest dirt can enter around the seals causing damage ranging from leaking seals to shaft wear. With proper servicing, two of the most expensive components on your motorcycle can be made to last a very long time. Forks should be serviced every 40 hours, whereas a shock should be serviced every 60 hours of riding.
Aside from chassis set-up (correct springs for your weight, ability, and terrain) servicing your suspension should be as important as changing your engine oil.
We are offering a special for inmates, Suspension Services front and rear for $180.00. This will include oil, seal's, and labor. Parts that are needing replacement will be priced per application.
Contact Alex@konflictmotorsports.com, or (425) 681-5160 for any questions, or to get on the schedule. We are located in Redmond Wa, and do offer local pick-ups for a reasonable fee.

Konflict Motorsports screwed with this post 06-12-2011 at 02:58 PM
Konflict Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:10 AM   #110
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Today Only Adventure Sidecar Discount

I have 3 openings for the sidecar class this weekend. I will give you $100 discount for this class only if you want to fill those openings Call me today at (541)806 0883 to confirm(leave a msg with call back # if I don't pick up)and show up at 1009 Eugene Street Hood River Oregon with $160 tonight (Friday June 17, 2011)

Class is Friday Saturday and Sunday June 17-19, 2011
more information about the Adventure Sidecar Novice S/TEP class on our website http://adventuresidecar.com/
Old 06-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #111
Zombie_Stomp
Aspiring human

Oddometer: 2,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konflict Motorsports View Post
Who Needs Their Suspension Serviced?

Everyone riding their motorcycle

Forks and shock have oil, seals, bushings, pistons, shafts, and cylinders. If the oil has not been changed on a timely basis it wears out - losing lubricating properties and causing wear to the cylinder. This wear is not repairable without replacing some very expensive parts. With the terrain, and weather we have here in the Pacific Northwest dirt can enter around the seals causing damage ranging from leaking seals to shaft wear. With proper servicing, two of the most expensive components on your motorcycle can be made to last a very long time. Forks should be serviced every 40 hours, whereas a shock should be serviced every 60 hours of riding.
Aside from chassis set-up (correct springs for your weight, ability, and terrain) servicing your suspension should be as important as changing your engine oil.
We are offering a special for inmates, Suspension Services front and rear for $180.00. This will include oil, seal's, and labor. Parts that are needing replacement will be priced per application.
Contact Alex@konflictmotorsports.com, or (425) 681-5160 for any questions, or to get on the schedule. We are located in Redmond Wa, and do offer local pick-ups for a reasonable fee.

This would have been the next thing for my XL600... it had XR600 suspension. Do you still need screenprinting? That's a great price you have.

I do heavy-duty textile repair, upholstery, and design/manufacture bags.
Zombie_Stomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #112
Black Dog CycleWorks
n00b

Oddometer: 1
BDCW Second Annual Selkirks Rally

Selkirks Adventure Rally
August 12th - 14th, 2011

Kurt and Martha Forget, owners of Black Dog Cycle Works, invite you to our second annual Selkirks Rally. Held at Black Dog Headquarters. We invite our valued customers and friends for a weekend of riding, cameraderie and fun in the Selkirk Mountains. Limited to the first 50 people that sign up, we camp right beside the Upper Pack River, ride tarmac and dual sport routes, and enjoy a pig roast with bonfire Saturday night. Space is limited, so be sure to sign up early and get a chance to make new friends. Plus you'll get to meet the Black Dog in person.

Based at the BDCW headquarters in beautiful Sandpoint, Idaho August 12th - 14th. This two day event will offer the following:

This event is geared towards Adventure bikes and large capacity dual sport bikes. Dirt bikes would not be appropiate for the distances most of the routes will cover.
* Multiple Adventure / Dual Sport Routes to choose from
* Multiple Tarmac Routes (bring your passport) to choose from
* Something for every skill level and interest
* Meals included: Friday dinner, Saturday breakfast and dinner, Sunday breakfast and dinner
* Raffle / Door Prizes / Giveaways (see below)
* Rustic riverside on-site tent camping included - no showers are available but you are only steps from a river which is guaranteed to invigorate you.

[if you are interested in bringing a camper or RV, please call us as we have limited space ]

* Alternative Lodging Option: Our good friends have made their property available to us which is less than a mile away that includes a "Yurt Village". Accommodations include 4 single beds per yurt, full facilities (showers, etc) as well as linens, towels, pillows, blankets, morning coffee, etc. The can accommodate up to 12 guests. Additional cost: 2 nights = $50, 3 nights = $75. If interested, you can select this option when signing up for the rally. They have an absolutely amazing property and we are very lucky that they are willing to share it with us for our event. We plan to shuttle people back and forth in the evenings so riders can "relax" and not worry about getting on their bike at the end of the evening. See photos of the yurt accommodations & property here.
A few teaser shots of the riverside camping:

There are also other lodging options in Sandpoint - for more information see our local website
Black Dog CycleWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:13 AM   #113
RedMenace
Adventure Sidecar

Adventure Sidecar Tipi Tour August 19-26,2011

Trying not to take too much of a beating on this, I've cut the price to below cost. Special AdvRider offer: an additional $100 rebate just 'cause this forum has given me so much joy over the years!

Adventure Sidecar Tipi Tour
August 19~26, 2011
Price Reduced to $1500 !
.Passenger Price Reduced to $600!

Don’t want to drive a sidecar but want to come along for the ride and campout? We have room for one or two passengers with our guides. $800 for the week, camping, meals and a ride in the sidecar included. Contact us by e-mail info@adventuresidecar.com for details

Old 07-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #114
Used2BeFast2
Chupacabra Rider

Oddometer: 570
Thumb Kenda K777/K778 FIM DOT Enduro Tire Sale "Calling All Thumpers"

Click here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=710259

5% of all sales will be donated to the Rider Down Foundation after these tires are sold out.

Click here to learn more about the Rider Down Foundation:

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php

Cat herder....really!

Used2BeFast2 screwed with this post 07-29-2011 at 09:36 PM Reason: Forgot donation messaage
Used2BeFast2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:17 PM   #115
dirtburch
n00b

Oddometer: 7
MotoFit Group Welcomes Jason Disalvo to Oregon Raceway Park August 6th, 7th

http://www.motofitgroup.com/2011/08/...n-disalvo-orp/

Here's a video from our last event on the MotoFit Group Two Up GSX-R 750

http://youtu.be/Q3p0u7vXdn8

All Motorcyclists are welcome come out and have great weekend with us in Grass Valley, OR

"more smiles per mile",
Rob

Rob Burch
MotoFit Group
www.motofitgroup.com
dirtburch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:18 AM   #116
Drtyfun
Here and There

Oddometer: 1,365
A recent timing chain failure resulted in the need for valve replacement on my XT. After all the parts came in I dropped it by this shop on Friday. Tuesday at lunch I picked it up assembled, valves adjusted ready to bolt on. The price was far better than another I tried.

http://stevesprecisionmachine.com/
Drtyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:01 PM   #117
crash a-ron
mmm...burnt steel

Oddometer: 318
Parts Counter Job Opening

South Sound Motorcycles is a BMW and Ural Dealership in Fife, Washington. We are seeking to fill one position in our Parts Department.

http://www.southsoundbmw.com/

Parts and Accessories Sales Assoc.
Full time position
Pay dependant upon experience, + sales commissions after 90 days.
Pay is commensurate to standard pay within the motorcycle industry.
Currently, Health Insurance can be offered to long term employees after 1 year.
Motorcycle endorsement and good driving record a requirement.
BMW experience a plus, Lightspeed experience a plus.
Tues-Friday 9am-6pm and Saturday 9am-5pm work schedule
Duties will include but are not limited to: Receiving incoming freight, invoicing and delivering repair order parts,
shipping customer orders, helping customers and parts staff, and finally, selling parts, apparel, and accessories

Please email resume to:

Aaron @ SouthSoundBMW.com

AND please tell me why you feel you want to work in the motorcycle industry.
crash a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #118
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,471
Was at Aurora Suzuki hoping to look at a TU250 and saw that they had some nice Adv bikes . A DR650 lowered and nicely setup, a DRZ400 with large gas tank and also setup with goodies. They also had a used DR650 2009 with a ton of TT parts and and hard bags.
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:51 PM   #119
NWBoarder
Whitmeister

Oddometer: 1,869
A Night of Adventure

At South Sound BMW on December 3rd, 2012 for "A Night of Adventure," as Joe and Flora Lloyd of Curbsyde Productions present both their Reconnecting With Canada video series and their latest project, Moto Americana.

December 3, 2011

Presentation starts at 7pm.

Tickets are $12 and must be purchased in advance.

Call 1-253-922-2004 to reserve your spot!

Click HERE for additional information.

Disclaimer:
I am not apart of SS BMW or Curbsyde, but have been known to associate with them. They are good peeps!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #120
mrazekan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,357
Beta Shell

My best friend's business is making these bombproof lens cases. Thought you all would like this video.