ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #121
Matizzle
gumption junction

Oddometer: 128
Custom laser cut wood covers for you iPhone

I just launched a new business and thought some of you fellow iPhone touting ADVers might be interested. Some of you know me as a designer and furniture maker and occasional wrench. I combined these all in a business called Toast. Toast laser cuts custom wood covers for the iPhone.

What makes them custom? You get to choose the wood, an etched design and add custom text. I'll cut it and finish it and send it to you for less then the cost of a standard case.

Best let the pictures do the talking:

So I recently launched this business on kickstarter, the crowd funding site. By pledging you essentially pre-order a cover. This gets me the money I need to raise to buy the equipment and you get an awesome cover at a discounted price. Win Win.

Take a look at the kickstarter page, there is a humorous video that spells it all out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-your-iphone

Thanks!

P.S. If there is interest I could do a custom AVD logo cover.

Matizzle screwed with this post 12-22-2011 at 03:01 PM
Matizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 AM   #122
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matizzle View Post
I just launched a new business and thought some of you fellow iPhone touting ADVers might be interested. Some of you know me as a designer and furniture maker and occasional wrench. I combined these all in a business called Toast. Toast laser cuts custom wood covers for the iPhone.

What makes them custom? You get to choose the wood, an etched design and add custom text. I'll cut it and finish it and send it to you for less then the cost of a standard case.

Best let the pictures do the talking:

So I recently launched this business on kickstarter, the crowd funding site. By pledging you essentially pre-order a cover. This gets me the money I need to raise to buy the equipment and you get an awesome cover at a discounted price. Win Win.

Take a look at the kickstarter page, there is a humorous video that spells it all out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...or-your-iphone

Thanks!

P.S. If there is interest I could do a custom AVD logo cover.
Those look great! Good luck on your venture. When are you going to come ride with us again?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #123
Matizzle
gumption junction

Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Those look great! Good luck on your venture. When are you going to come ride with us again?
Thanks Fishy. I was commuting everyday for 6 months on my F650. That kind of satisfied my need to ride for a while. But that gig ended so I am sure that I will be joining some of the rides soon. Time to start dreaming of riding South again!
Matizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #124
RIDEWEST BMW
(motorcycles)

Oddometer: 3
free money, service deals, cheap financing!

Hey folks - just wanted to spread the spammy word about some promotions we're having here in Seattle :

Now through the end of the week (sorry for the short notice on ADV) we'll add 10% value to any gift card over $150. Think of it as us covering your sales tax or just pitching in for a discount. Gift cards work for parts, accessories, apparel, and service work (but not bikes). They can be used in conjunction with any existing sale or promotion as well, and have no expiration date. Could be a great deal for someone contemplating a helmet or gear upgrade, or a pending full service in the near future. If you're interested but can't make it in, give us a call at 206-527-5511 and ask for parts, or e-mail parts@ridewest.com.

Our winter Service Department specials continue... this month all Boxers (new or old) and all NON-BMWs get 20% off of labor and 10% off of related service parts. We're not one of those shops who turn away airheads, we love 'em, and have the experience and parts inventory to really take care of them.

If you're in the market for a new BMW, we've got some financing deals that recall the halcyon days of 2006. 0.9% for 48 months, 1.9% for 60 months... plus some other options. Now's a great time as all models are in stock and available, versus the slim pickings of this summer (thanks, BMW).

Also, we (finally!) have become a dealer for Heidenau tires as well, and just received our first shipment. Pricing is MSRP, (as are all tires here, which is how we cover the $10 mount/balance deal)

I've never made such a spammy post on here before... but that's what this section is for, right? Thanks, and if you have any questions feel free to PM us, or just e-mail parts@ridewest.com
RIDEWEST BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #125
Springs
Shipping Wars

Oddometer: 2,270
Shipping Wars to Air January 10th
Hey folks,
the show I have been working on is going to air January 10th I hope you will all tune in and check it out. If you have a FB page please share this link with all of your contacts. Ask them to go to the meet the shippers page and click the Like button for me (Marc Springer). Really appreciate it!
enjoy it and let me know what you think. 10 episodes one of them is this years Baja 1000!

http://www.aetv.com/shipping-wars/

Finisher 2009 42nd running S.C.O.R.E Baja 1000, 313 X
Finisher's 2008 41st running S.C.O.R.E. Baja1000 202 X

http://www.snortnboarracing.com/

http://sidestandup.com/default.aspx

http://www.riderdown.org/forum/

RIP Jeff, and now Gary. I miss you both!
Springs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #126
CycleBuy
n00b

Help Wanted – Off-Road, Dual-Sport, Adventure enthusiast needed / Eugene, OR

CycleBuy.com is a growing business based in Coburg, a few miles north of Eugene. Established in 2000, CycleBuy serves the needs of motorcycle enthusiasts in our area and around the world. Our geographically diverse customer base keeps us busy, even when it's 40 degrees and raining the the Great Northwet.

Our company's focus is the cool, fun stuff we all want to put on our motorcycles when we bring home a new addition to the stable. We started with off-road motorcycle accessories and have continued to grow our business by adding dual-sport and adventure accessories to our offerings. In late 2010, we became a Husaberg dealer. In 2011, CycleBuy was the #2 Husaberg Parts, Garments, and Accessory dealer in the USA. Whatever challenges we take on, we try and do well!

Our emphasis on quality products and excellent customer service have propelled us to our current position as the #1 dealer in the USA for Rekluse Motorsports, Pro Moto Billet/Fastway Performance, Enduro Engineering, Ohlins steering stabilizers, and Flatland Racing. In addition, we are a top level dealer for Giant Loop, Wolfman Luggage, G2 Ergonomics, IMS Products, Clarke Mfg and more.

All this to say, we need more good people to help us continue to grow! Our normal store hours are Mon-Fri 8:00 to 5:00, so most weekends are free to go riding. Full time or part time opportunities are available.

Our primary need is for a knowledgeable phone person with an industry background and a strong personal history with off-road or dual-sport motorcycles and the ability to communicate professionally via email. Other skills that are helpful include marketing/brand-building, database and data-file knowledge, web design, photography, and video editing. Bottom line, our phone doesn't ring quite enough (yet) to add another person to just answer phones. The successful candidate(s) will have to bring something else to the table to be useful between phone calls.

CycleBuy offers a competitive compensation package with vacation and sick pay, product discounts, and a clean, fun, non-smoking work environment. To be considered, email Sales "at" CycleBuy.com or send us a PM via this forum with your qualifications, work history, and salary requirements.
CycleBuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #127
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,461
Just checked out Ride Powersports in Woodeadville , they got the Huskies
on the showroom floor. They got some good deals on non current
Huskies also. It is good to see a dealer that has grown over the years instead of closing
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #128
Off Road Ryder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
Off road conversion Inspections

Cyclops is offering off road conversion inspections both in Kent and a traveling inspection service.
Bring the bike to us 75.00 We come to you. $100.00 purchase your equipment from us and get the inspection for 25.00
We offer Baja Designs, Trail tech and Cyclops products. Install service also available..
If you want more products just let us know..
Please call 253 520 3437 for an appointment
www.cyclopsadventuresports.com
1-800-624-0278
Off Road Ryder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #129
Tork
Pinsetter

Oddometer: 3,461
EUROMOTO2012
Just found out about this from another thread.
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:40 PM   #130
KTMforget
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 792
Black Dog Cycle Works - Rugged Products made in the U.S.A.

For those of you who don't know us, let me introduce us - we are Black Dog Cycle Works. Located in beautiful Sandpoint, ID, we specialize in quality products for BMW and KTM adventure bikes. We design and manufacture many custom products including the toughest skid plates in the business, as well as enlarged footpegs, rear racks, light mounts as well as numerous other products.

In addition to the parts we design and manufacture, we also carry other quality brands that we consider to be the best in the industry. We test what we sell and we only sell what we want to run on our own bikes!!

We are a very small, family-owned (and run) business. Kurt and Martha Forget are the principals and adventure riding has been their passion for many years. Martha currently rides a KTM 990 Adventure as well as a BMW F800GS. Kurt's rides include a KTM 950SE Rally bike, R1200GSA, KTM 520 MXC and Montesa Cota 315 trials bike. Yes, we both have multiple bike syndrome.

On our trip to Alaska in 2010

Customer service is EXTREMELY important to us and we have a terrific loyal following. We often say we have the best customers in the world - fellow enthusiasts that appreciate our expertise in what we sell and as experienced adventure riders. We specialize in giving custom advice to our client to advise them on the best equipment for their bike to meet their individual needs. Check out our testimonials and you will see a long list of very satisfied customers - this list is a fraction of the comments we have received over the years.

We also host an annual rally on our property in Sandpoint as a token of appreciation for our customers. 2012 will be our third annual rally which will include a pig roast and a great selection of dual sport route in the Idaho panhandle. We have numerous experience rally goers tell us it is the best rally they have ever attended. We keep it small (only 50 riders) which creates a great atmosphere for camaraderie and building lasting friendships.

So if you are looking for outstanding, personalized customer service, excellent products made in the U.S.A. and advice from experienced fellow enthusiasts, give us a try. You will be glad you did.

You can find us online 24/7at www.blackdogcw.com or by phone at 208-263-0438 or 208-263-4400.

Thanks for your continued support
Kurt & Martha

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!

KTMforget screwed with this post 02-29-2012 at 10:28 AM
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #131
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,313
black dog is awesome.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:02 PM   #132
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,504
Old 02-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #133
Billy_b57
DARTH

Oddometer: 125
Oregon DualSport Rental And Adventures

We are currently taking reservations for the 2012 season . Need a dual sport to ride Black Dog, Wetfest,KTM rally ?
Check our calendar for all of these events , we have a bike that you can rent for the event or an extended amount of time.

http://www.oregondualsportrentalandadventures.com/ Your next adventure begins with Us!
Billy_b57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #134
KTMforget
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinns View Post
black dog is awesome.
Thanks. We appreciate the props!!

We specialize in the best parts for BMW and KTM Adventure bikes. WE TEST WHAT WE SELL!! Not just MADE in the U.S.A., made BETTER!
KTMforget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:06 PM   #135
RIDEWEST BMW
(motorcycles)

Bike Swap!

March 23 - 24, 2012

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

Where: Ride West BMW
When: Friday, March 23 - 12pm-6pm
Saturday, March 24 - 9am-5pm

Why not kick off this spring with a new bike?

Incredible deals are available to enjoy this terrific riding season! Lots of riders find just the bike they want and lots of sellers are amazed out how easy it was to sell their bikes.
Find your new bike or sell your old one at our Bike Swap! From BMW to KTM, Suzuki, Harley, Guzzi, Ducati...A huge selection of pre-owned motorcycles will be on hand! Stop by and check out all the great deals on all kinds of motorcycles. If you have a bike to sell, give us a call.
We charge a minimal 11% consignment fee and will handle all the details for you. If your bike doesn't sell, Ride West may purchase it or consign it on the spot, or you can simply pick it up at the end of the event and pay nothing! Unfortunately Otis won't be able to make it this year, but there will still be great food available on Saturday.

Click Here to Register your Bike!
Click here for Bike Swap Rules

RIDEWEST BMW is offline   Reply With Quote