User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 165 votes, 4.93 average. Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:05 PM   #226
hateithere
anytime now

Oddometer: 2,482
There was a great bus convert on E-bay a while back it had a honda 600 coupe that rolled into a storage space under the bus,I think it was an Eagle
hateithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #227
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classa/...cane-15682.htm

Back to reality, why is this so cheap (besides the blue upholstry) ? It fits my wants pretty good. It is older than what I was shopping for, but cheap and low miles. Is it missing anything? It doesn't mention leveling jacks. It doesn't look like anyone lived in it or burned the toilet seat with cigarettes.

Looks like a good deal, probably pick it up for $9999. But it's cheap cause there are jillions of them it has no tipout and it's small.
If it fits your needs sounds like a good deal. PPL has tons of great deals.

The List
nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #228
Chopperman
I am dead

Oddometer: 27,033
Old 06-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #229
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwgs
Looks like a good deal, probably pick it up for $9999. But it's cheap cause there are jillions of them it has no tipout and it's small.

The ad at PPL lists the unit at $11,995. I agree that at some point between $10K and $12K it's not a bad deal at all, assuming there are no major systems out of order.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #230
Mini Trail
nb

Oddometer: 2,131
Quote:
If there were jillions of them I wouldn't even be considering the blue interior. I think the double bed must be a sales killer. I wish there were more places like PPL that list actual prices and have those great diagrams.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #231
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini Trail
If there were jillions of them I wouldn't even be considering the blue interior. I think the double bed must be a sales killer. I wish there were more places like PPL that list actual prices and have those great diagrams.

You would be surprised at how many of these things were built with double beds. Ours was, and the previous owners paid over $20K to remodel it to a queen bed.

The real answer as to why that unit is so cheap is simply that it's a basic unit and it doesn't have slideouts. Which isn't a big deal if you don't need those things.

It also doesn't have a generator as far as I can tell, so you might want to factor that in.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:46 AM   #232
Mr. J
Banned

Oddometer: 9,655
anybody into vintage funk?

http://www.mrsharkey.com/busbarn/busbarn.htm

Mr. J screwed with this post 06-03-2009 at 03:51 AM
Mr. J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #233
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Oddometer: 3,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
I always dreamed of one of these
Don't click here. There are many like these. Just sayin'...

Click to save $5 when you sign up for a SmugMug account! Or sign up with this coupon code: QzxDJzcJstR4A
NomadRip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #234
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_imok
I love the old-style buses like some of those. This guy who currently lives in a Taj Mahal new-style bus, is planning on going to a vintage. He bought the big'un as his first one when he decided to go full-time Nomadic. He went over a lot of his issues and reasoning why he is changing after several years of being in the Taj here.

Click to save $5 when you sign up for a SmugMug account! Or sign up with this coupon code: QzxDJzcJstR4A
Old 06-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #235
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadRip
Don't click here. There are many like these. Just sayin'...

Oh man. Some really neat things. Thanks!

There was a tractor trailer over in the Elvis Presley parking lot yesterday that was advertising yurts for sale or lease:

And let's not get on the subject of modular housing made out of ISO containers ...

If I knew what I know now I would never have invested so much money in all the houses that I have owned over the years.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #236
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Oh man. Some really neat things. Thanks!

There was a tractor trailer over in the Elvis Presley parking lot yesterday that was advertising yurts for sale or lease:

And let's not get on the subject of modular housing made out of ISO containers ...

If I knew what I know now I would never have invested so much money in all the houses that I have owned over the years.

No shit, I want to hear more on this subject,

Serious.

The List
nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #237
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Quote:

Serious.
Stephanie is becoming a great resource for various types of small homes. Whether Yurts, container homes, trailer tiny houses or whatever, she has been making her blog into a collection of small-structure options lately. She lives on a floating home she just finished (okay, she's still working on it a bit) on the Columbia river up there by you in Portland. But she is very plugged into the small-home scene, and there are a lot of options. Most of them originate from your neck o' the woods, it seems.

Steph's blog - Coming Unmoored

Old 06-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #238
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,397
Wish list, if I hit the lotto I'd get one of these.

If I hit a big scratchoff I'd go for one of these.

We have this now, but leave it on our property in
the country.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #239
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:

Serious.

Don't halfway know where to start. Nomad probably has the best site and info at this point.

The subject would be easily movable housing, and over the years there has been a ton of proposals, all of which have met with mixed success.

I don't know much about yurts but Bosswoman's eyes lit up when I mentioned this thread and yurts so I need to do some research.

No one seems to sell Bedouin-style tents in the USA. Some of those things in the Middle East are truly luxurious.

Container housing has been discussed for years and is a pet project of many architects. ISO housing proposals come in a wide variety of designs from the 320 sq. ft. single container house that has been proposed that you can ship around the planet as you move from job to job, to the genuinely expensive and grandiose like Kalkin's 12 Container House.

Google "Adam Kalkin" for the really fancy stuff and Containerbay at "http://www.fabprefab.com/fabfiles/containerbayhome.htm" for a comprehensive list of other projects.

This is the 12 Container House:

Old 06-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #240
NomadRip
Always a n00b

Quote:

Serious.
This place is near you someplace. They are pretty much the authority on Yurts. http://www.yurts.com/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: