Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 188 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #2971
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz View Post
Low rider?? I sure hope that thing has air bag suspension!
Just needs some gold spoked wheels and a Virgin Mary sticker on the back. Or the guy's surname in Old English font

Seriously, though, yeah, it is a little low. I hope it has more than the 4" of ground clearance it looks to have.
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #2972
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,069
I am going to replace the Carpet in my RV. It's a 1988 Class C and still has the Original Carpet. Long over due to remove and upgrade.

Who has good ideas on replacement materials..?

Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #2973
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,133
Almost anything is better than most OEM RV carpeting. I replaced the originals in our old '97 Southwind a few years ago with a remnant from a local carpet place. It was much less expensive than the home centers, but was noticeably better quality. This winter I'll do the same to our Pace Arrow. It makes a tremendous difference.

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #2974
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post
I am going to replace the Carpet in my RV. It's a 1988 Class C and still has the Original Carpet. Long over due to remove and upgrade.

I'd consider vinyl sheet goods. You can still throw a rug down and you can practically hose it out if you need to.

And you're not carrying the debris from every other trip you ever made with you all the time. Jeez those carpets get nasty...

'13 KLR 650 For Sale!
hppyfngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #2975
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,317
What about some click-together laminate? Stuff can be had for $2 a foot, looks pretty nice, and very tough. Of course, would require some kind of trim around the edges since its a floating floor, so that might be an issue in your application.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #2976
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by svs View Post

Hardwood floors..

nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 AM   #2977
dlearl476
Two-bit Throttle Bum

Oddometer: 22,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by hppyfngy View Post
I'd consider vinyl sheet goods. You can still throw a rug down and you can practically hose it out if you need to.

And you're not carrying the debris from every other trip you ever made with you all the time. Jeez those carpets get nasty...
Exactly. If the underpayment of your floor is good, clean enough, you can simply glue a sheet of linoleum down after making a custom fit template with heavy duty butcher paper.
I'm going to use a nice vintage pattern in my '68 Boles Aero.

Nothing worse than the tan carpet in my Rockwood. There isn't a vacuum on earth that can get the sand out of it after a weekend at the beach with the pups.

With vinyl, all you need is a quality hand broom dust scoop. Or a built in shop vac.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other. -- Oscar Ameringer
dlearl476 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:23 PM   #2978
Patrick46
visionary

Oddometer: 2,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSJEEPER View Post
What about some click-together laminate? Stuff can be had for $2 a foot, looks pretty nice, and very tough. Of course, would require some kind of trim around the edges since its a floating floor, so that might be an issue in your application.
Pergo flooring is what I was gonna suggest...except that I glue and tak them down to the subfloor.

Sweeps and mops very easily, looks great, and you can always throw a rug or two down to wrinkle your toes up into!

www.artworks-unlimited.com
Patrick46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #2979
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,069
Good ideas... looking at all of them. Gotta re-do some wall paper too.. The Rig is Clean and worth maintaining. Can't imagine not having one and love to use it and go out with friends....
Old 09-12-2012, 02:56 PM   #2980
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
I put an engineered hardwood floor into the living area of the Wanderlodge and liked it tremendously. It was cut at a 45 degree angle and there were all sorts of little pieces around the edges that had to be trimmed and hand fitted.

Used a similar product with industrial cork for the bathroom and bedroom because I thought that would stand up better to moisture. In hindsight I would have gone with wood for the entire bus.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #2981
PirateJohn
Banned

In other news, it looks like Navistar is going to pull the plug on Monaco and Holiday Rambler - http://fleetowner.com/equipment/cost...erway-navistar
Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #2982
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,522
http://www.validmanufacturing.com/index.php?pid=18

Only $839,000!

From my email from Valid Mfg.

"Nick,

We would sell a Solaris Shell to you. We have no exclusives with Anderson.

A shell typically comes with fresh, grey and Black tanks, HVAC, auto levelling, 200 amp service panel enough electrical finished to function roof, HVAC and levelling etc.

Without the roof deck option you would be looking at about $839,000.00 USD FOB our plant. This would be for the Solaris as it currently is designed any modifications may result in a change order up-charge. The roof deck option adds about $30,000.00 to the cost. With our current production schedule build time would be about 5-6 months after receipt of your purchase order and the required 30% deposit. The balance would be due on delivery.

If the price and delivery works for you I would be happy to prepare a more formal quotation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce Halverson"
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #2983
madeouttaglass
The AntiHarley

Oddometer: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
In other news, it looks like Navistar is going to pull the plug on Monaco and Holiday Rambler - http://fleetowner.com/equipment/cost...erway-navistar
What a clusterfuck. I wonder how much the CEO and others made while making those great decisions that cost tens of millions and more plus the jobs lost. Enemies of the state, nothing more.

Escape from NY- http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955520
madeouttaglass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #2984
PirateJohn
Banned

Navistar has some serious problems right now. They built all of those Ford diesels of a few years ago that blew up. Now they have been sued by Volvo because their truck engines don't comply with the EPA - Navistar cut a deal to pay penalties while Volvo complied and CAT left the on-road market.

So yeah, a serious set of steps backwards. I think their only profitable lines these days are armored trucks and you know that is winding down.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #2985
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,220
One of the old Vixen Motorhomes popped up in my Bring A Trailer notice this am.

Sounds pretty nice!

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/09/13/go-gm-v8-powered-1986-vixen-rv/

I have no affiliation with the seller, just thought it was a cool old motorhome.

If you are a gear head and don't subscribe to Bring A Trailer you are missing some truly wonderful and quirky cars, trucks, and other oddities.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: