Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 220 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:22 AM   #796
Icewalker
Conundrum

Oddometer: 40,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineMapper
Thanks Matt ... Thought it was in Yorkshire but of course my memory is fading when it comes to stuff back in the UK.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 PM   #797
MineMapper
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
eh, it was a 'Shire. You were close enough.

I can barely remember what I had for breakfast......
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #798
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
$2700 firm....

The List
nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:07 PM   #799
nwgs OP
solarfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogribike
Not buying, I just like it's looks. The old 60's Zoom thing going on.
I didn't figure you were by the pic.

And certainly wouldn't mock you if you did. Just laughing because so many good deals are out there in that price range. That does not look like one.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #800
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,273
Cool2

nwgs - I can dig your addiction. Back when the wife was working and we weren't totally screwed, I had an '88 Southwind. Absolutely loved it. Hauled an 18 foot boat around Colorado in the summers, and once spent three months living in it in California while we were tending to my wife's father.

There is always something breaking, but mostly small stuff and what are men with tools to do, but fix things? And polish them.

Finally had to sell it. Gawd do I miss it. That and vacations. And my youth, but that's a whole 'nother story.

There is nothing wrong with you wanting one. It's like a bike, it gives TOTAL freedom to go where you want, when you want, with whatever you want. Providing you can afford the gas.

Dave
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #801
UncleDirt
Uncivil to idiots.

Oddometer: 11,273
Quote:
Look what I found...

Man, that would clean up nice!!! Oh crap, I'm desperate ain't I?
UncleDirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #802
nwgs OP
solarfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDirt
nwgs - I can dig your addiction. Back when the wife was working and we weren't totally screwed, I had an '88 Southwind. Absolutely loved it. Hauled an 18 foot boat around Colorado in the summers, and once spent three months living in it in California while we were tending to my wife's father.

There is always something breaking, but mostly small stuff and what are men with tools to do, but fix things? And polish them.

Finally had to sell it. Gawd do I miss it. That and vacations. And my youth, but that's a whole 'nother story.

There is nothing wrong with you wanting one. It's like a bike, it gives TOTAL freedom to go where you want, when you want, with whatever you want. Providing you can afford the gas.

Dave

Hear ya man,

In many ways.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:44 PM   #803
hateithere
anytime now

Oddometer: 2,490
Quote:
At that price, if it didn't work out you could recoup by parting out. Hell the engine is rebuilt and it does have street legal current tags.
Ugghh take it from me if it does'nt work out plan on staring at it in your driveway for the rest of your life.
hateithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #804
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by hateithere
Ugghh take it from me if it does'nt work out plan on staring at it in your driveway for the rest of your life.

When we were south of San Antonio that was a rusted out Travco in someone's side yard.

Before we left there was a second one, in slightly better condition, joining it.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #805
nwgs OP
solarfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
When we were south of San Antonio that was a rusted out Travco in someone's side yard.

Before we left there was a second one, in slightly better condition, joining it.

I didn't feel like going thru the gyrations of the actual cost of the $2700 pile of junk.

$2700 equals 5k real quick.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #806
DakarNick
Swabee

Oddometer: 6,545
I took photos of a bus conversion at a custom bike shop near my parent's house. It's a large coach type, converted.

All it had was a "For Sale" sign in it, no other info, and the place was closed.

Here she is:

Maddog Custom Cycles, 303-816-1129

DakarNick screwed with this post 10-05-2009 at 03:33 PM
DakarNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #807
nwgs OP
solarfied

Doesn't this just pull your heartstrings.

Gotta little laugh out of this one, thought I would share it. Poor horse.

Logan Coach Horse Trailer - $4000 (Bainbridge Island)

Logan Coach Horse Trailer, extra tall and wide.1994 but rarely used and horse to to old to go anywhere.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #808
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarNick
I took photos of a bus conversion at a custom bike shop near my parent's house. It's a large coach type, converted.

All it had was a "For Sale" sign in it, no other info, and the place was closed.

Here she is:

Maddog Custom Cycles, 303-816-1129

It's a nice looking Eagle. Those were popular buses in their day, but they have been out of series production for over a decade. I heard that someone had resumed small-scale production at the original plant in Brownsville but it's been awhile.

Anyway ... the chassis is subject to severe rusting but can be repaired.

And with a bus conversion the quality of the conversion could vary widely.

Like I said, it's pretty ...

More contact info:

Mark Miklos and Debbie Lavallee
303-816-1129
maddoginfo@aol.com

EDITED: Is the tire off the rim on the tag axle, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

PirateJohn screwed with this post 10-05-2009 at 06:28 PM
Old 10-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #809
PirateJohn
Banned

We moved the Bluebird from southern San Antonio to a small town near McAllen, TX for the winter, with a stop for a few days at the border crossing of Nuevo Progreso.

The good news was that we made it.

For the last several hours coming into Edinburg, TX the ol' Bird wouldn't run over about 55 mph, and by the time that we pulled into the Flying J I was cruising along at 51 mph with the throttle pressed to the floor.

Swapping the fuel filters the next morning solved that problem.

We ran into a swarm of butterflies on the way down and, sure enough, while we were in the Flying J the generator overheated and puked coolant all over the parking lot. So we had to let her cool and then she restarted.

The next day after I changed the fuel filters on the Big Engine (and added quite a bit of stuff to inhibit the growth of nasties in diesel that sits for months at a time) the generator wouldn't start. To my knowledge there is no connection between the fuel filters on the Detroit and the fuel supply to the Perkins on the generator, but for whatever reason the generator was slow to start.

After that she started and ran just fine for several days. Go figure.

As we were getting off of I-37 we ran into this, which would make a great bus conversion. Notice that the driver sits down low, like in a Neoplan Spaceliner, and the passengers are on the deck above the driver. The driver has a sleeper compartment and the rest of the lower portion of the bus is devoted to baggage space.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #810
nwgs OP
solarfied

Well this certainly is a new trick.

A 20 year old motorhome increases in value?

Airstream Classic 37ft Motor Home - $189000 (Arlington)

Airstream 370LE Classic Motor HomeAirstream Classic Motor Home 370LE manufactured in 1988 and sold as model year 1989. The origional selling price 21 years ago was about $140,000. This is a very very rare classic Airstream Motorhome. This is one of only 15 ever made. Only 4 or 5 currently exist. Most people have never seen one. It is an absolutly spectacular piece of history. It gets so much attantion wherever it goes.This is a classic that will esculate in value as time goes by. This is an opportunity to invest with no risk. At 37 feet long it is the longest Airstream Classic ever made. Oak floord and cabnets and corian counters. Stored in a barn in Stanwood, WA. Near perfect condition. I can provide additional pictures upon request.
New Toyo tires all 8, new roof air conditioners 2, new hot water tank, new interstate batteries 3, new alternator, new air compressor, new electric fuel pump, new wiper blades, new Sharp 27 TV, new Panasonic blue ray DVD player, new Yamaha stereo surround sound system and 6 speakers, new in dash AM/FM/CD stereo and 4 new speakers, new refrigerator control module, new air ride control module, new bathroom faucet, tuned up and the air conditioner was serviced and charged.
Call Linc 1-425-870-4040

I mean it is nice but...

The List

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: